What is this..?

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What is thus toggle switch for..? Was it factory..? My dash has one but wasn't wired.

Thanks,
John

Screenshot_20231120_102722_Chrome~3.jpg

Map light switch.
I'm guessing it's not necessary and I could just leave it off..? There was no map light attached anywhere when I removed the dash.
I also don't remember my Demon from way back having the switch or light. I could be wrong though, that was 40 years ago.

No rear defrost on this gem..lol
I thought it may have been for fog lights or something a previous owner just installed.. Them fog lights were kinda popular back in the day.

The map light switch controlled the dome light and/or the courtesy lights under the dash. Same as when you open the door. It’s a ground controlled circuit with a fused constant hot. So if you leave it out make sure to not leave a hot wire just dangling.

What is thus toggle switch for..? Was it factory..? My dash has one but wasn't wired.

Thanks,
John

View attachment 1716168765

“map light”
My 73 Dart has that with a bezel that says”Map Light” in white letters.
At the far right side under the edge of the dash there is/was a black plastic socket that points straight down.
It’s literally for the passenger to read a map, or whatever, and only that light came on when that switch was thrown.

y'all say "map light" and the bezel says "map light", but in my car that there is for "thigh light"
(and maybe some calves and ankles)

-
Back