What one car did you sell that you wish you had back?

-
My 70 Cuda 440

PCu5.jpg

375hp
Fairbanks reverse shift pattern tranny
Bucket seats'
Console
Unusual chestnut brown color with black vinyl roof
I loved the hood treatment and functional double scoop in the center

Well... see for yourself

Resized340DemonMikeandTim.jpg

I will find another one some day and restore it to the exact specs of my original

Hello all, ken here. Great topic.
I owened a 1974 mustang2 hatchback. My parents were very proud of my car.
I had been around some hot rod but never drove one.
Well, my parents went on vacation to Florida for 1 week.
A friend of mine. (I say freind, did not hang with him much but he knew I had a good job and possably some money).
He showed up with a one owner 1968 Road Runner. I was vary unfimiluar with them. It had 40k miles and came from a small town. This was in 1976. My mustang was red and very nice. FYI.
Anyway, he told me a bit about the car, engine, factory headers, 4 bbl, 383. Honestly I did not know what the hell he was talking about but said I need to drive it.
I love my little mustang, it was a little fast car, handled nice and was pretty.
So,.... I drove the Road Runner......WOW, WOW WOW. When I drove it I blew the mufflers off, really. Also did my very first burn out and smelled the rubber and nailed gas peddle to over 110 mph quickly. I HAVE TO HAVE THIS CAR! Needed some ( minor) fender rust repair, God it was exciting. I wrote him a check to hold for 1 week to sell my mustang. Did sell quickly.
My parents came home from vacation........
Were is your car? I sold it and bought that one. My parents did not have a clue for my reasoning. Very Dissapointed! Thank God my dad had a freind that was a mechanic and explained to my dad what I had ( he was about 45 and was a mopar and race fan). Got me out of the dumbass mode for doing what I did. He told my parents he would take it in to the shop ( he worked for an Olds dealer and had all he needed to get it up to pare! He loved the car , that is what he told my dad. Changed all fluids, plugs, wires, timing. points ect.
Then I made it pretty, allunimun 15s on rear, maching 14s front, welded metal packs, I redid interior, added, air shocks, 8 track stereo nice speakers.
I could roll down the hwy to and from Caraway ark 140 mph steady! Burn out leaving to 60s tire marks 60 feet long. God it was great. My bro loved it too.
Loved it! So much fun and raced many cars, I was the king or felt like it!

Miss that feeling>>>>>>>>> would be wonderful to have a mopar big block again. I do not have a pick, I was too young to really appreciate it or green.

Anyway, very fond memories that will be with me forever!

That one I wish I kept!

The first one that comes to mind is the 1964 VW Beetle I had.
Body was mounted on a 1955 Chevy frame with 3 feet removed
so the wheels would fit the fenders. Big block Chevy 454 power.

454VWtext_Medium_.jpg

Also I wouldn't mind having back my 1971 340 "Cuda Hardtop with the
Slap Stick 727.

My first car a yellow 70 Dart,i had a 318 in it out of a rolled 68 Coronet.
Sold it to a kid who beat it like a red-headed step-child, i have no idea whatever becane of it.

I wish I still had the first Duster I owned ... It was a '71 340-4 speed, Plum Crazy .. engine was a turd low compression that I blew up, but found a 340 from a 68 cuda or dart from a bone yard, and that engine kicked *** !!! ahhh, the memories of that car..those were some crazy days !! I traded the car and a few bucks for a big boat 71 Chrysler 300 w/ a 440 in it, and the guy I sold it to had a crappy silver paint job put on it and re-sold it to a buddy of mine who lived a couple miles away on the same street.. He drove that thing to New Milford and back every day for about 10 more years before he got rid of it, and it still ran good with a gazillion miles on it.... Good thread !!

My first car I had was a '74 Gold Duster. Rallye red, white buckets and auto console (my avatar). Got it for my 16th birthday and owned it for 8 years til it got t-boned by a '79 Mustang/16yr. old girl driving. Faired a lot better then the Mustang but the 24in. dia. cottonwood I slid into backwards shoved the rear frame about 2-3 in. forward. Sold it to a Wyo Tech student in Laramie in 1990. Wish I knew if it was still out there on the road.

My first car. A 1967 Mercury Cougar. I bought it from my brothers friend for $900. It was a 302 4bl, auto, and moved like a raped ape! Best of all, it was in primer.

My 70 Cuda 440

PCu5.jpg

Man I'd have a sore *** from kicking myself if I ever owned this one Adam! I guess I'll consider myself fortunate as the nicest muscle car I've owned is the one I've got now, never owned a 4spd till now, had to have one before I turned 50, always brought home automatic Chevys or Olds. Kick myself for selling off street bikes though '83 honda 1100f and '81 rd 350 lc yamaha....(sorry off topic, but you guys got me thinkin with this thread)

My first 1965 Dart GR ht with 340, 727, 8 1/4 suregrip! Whata car! But I traded it for a 1965 Dart GT conv and it was worth it. And now it's sold to get space for 1965 Dartchargers!
Also miss the 1965 wagons I had. Hard to find these days!

BH29P9B443158 - sold to a guy in Ohio in 1988. He was
handicapped and planned to put hand controls on it.

340s.jpg

I wish I never sold my '72 Dart. I got the car from my Grandma in '78 when I was 16 years old. I sold it when I was 24 after I blew the engine up at the track and couldn't afford to rebuild it.

dart.jpg

I could probably put any of the three '69 Road Runners I've had at the top of this list as I just love those cars, but I think the one that I should have kept was a F8 1970 Challenger 340 4 speed. It had a custom paint job typical of the psychedelic seventies and had a few bolt-on goodies, but that car drove like a dream. I sold it when I joined the USAF in the early eighties and needed to thin the herd so as to not leave too many cars behind for my father to deal with. In retrospect I wish I would have put it into storage somewhere...

Ray

My 73 340 rally red "Cuda" bought for 600 in 82 and sold for 3500 in 95. second were the 69 dart gts that i owned.
Got the duster now its somewhere in the middle of them 2.

It would be my 68 Barracuda Formula S notch. It was tourquoise, with a white vinal top, and the white/black interior. It had the 340, 4 speed, and 4:11 rear. It only had around 46,000 miles, and was totally rust free.

Recently after reading another post, I got thinking about it, and made some calls. I called the place where I had seen it last, back in the early 80's, and found who the current owner is. The owner used to drive it, but hasn't had it out in a few years. I've got his phone number, and plan to contact him to see it, when/if this damn white stuff ever stops. Tim

I still kick myself for not holding on to my '69 Sport Satellite. It started life as a 318/904 car, but after blowing the tranny, I dropped a 383/727 into her. I loved that car.

It had a fair amount of bondo in the rear quarters, but anything is repairable, right? Having the N50-15's on it didn't help the quarters any:toothy10:.

I was going to make a RR clone. Little did I know at 19 how rare the Sport Satellite was, as compared to the RR.

Sure was fun cutting class and lightin' em up past the school:cheers:.

Hard to believe that was 26 years ago.

oh... well it was nothing special or of major value... but I had a 1966 Plymouth Belvedere II for a little while... just had the poly in it and it was a total Grandmas car. I bought it with the hubcaps and bias plys still in place for $1200 bucks..... feeling like I stole it. I drove it around and tuned it up... moved the hub caps and bias tires for some fancy rims and radials. It was a fun cruiser aching for the 440 I had sitting aside... but alas stupidity and need for a truck took over and I already had my Duster project going.... so I traded it off for $1500 towards a then new '93 Dodge Dakota... which this particular truck ended up being a nightmare lemon. So I screwed myself....wish I stil had the Belvey.

-RPM

Bought a 71 Newport factory red with white leather interior and a 440 TNT with 3.91 posi. Paid $200.00 because the tranny had No reverse. Fixed the trans and after 3 months stripped the power-train and replaced it with some old 383 stuff and sold it for $500.00. Thought I had made a killing. Took the TNT motor and put it into a 1971 demon plus installed a six-pac setup and Hooker fenderwell headers. It ran 12's in the quarter. Got into a divorce situation and a drinking problem ending with selling the demon for $1.100.00. Can't even buy the carburetors for that kind of money now. Also destroyed a 69 mustang 390 GT fastback. Why do they put them telephone poles so close to the road (or maybe it could have been my driving.) The list goes on which makes me quiver at some of my past.

kenny b

Still looking for my old GTX:

RS23V0E102040, build date 9/69
1970 GTX
440+6
4 speed / hurst pistol grip
4:10 dana
power disc brakes
manual steering
FY1 / lemon twist yellow, yellow top, black side and hood stripes
black interior
6 way bucket seats
light package
15x7 ralle wheels
air grabber hood
hood pins
tic / toc tach, ralle gauges

any info would be appreciated......john

That would be my 68 Dart GTS. It was a 340 4 speed car with 391s in the rear. It was Forest Green Metallic with white bumble bee stripes and a black vinyl top. I really miss that car. I sold it for $500. #-o
Frank H.

It's a toss up between my 69 hemi orange 383 magnum Road Runner, with the black vinyl roof and 4 speed in high school. The car was 4 years old when I bought it for $500.00.
Or the 71 340 hemi orange Cuda I had in the mid 70's.

My 1st car...an A990 65 coronet sedan that dad and I bought off an old guy in Southern IL around 1985 for $700 firm. Dad drove it home and told me I'd never drive it as-is as it was too dangerous.

This one...
70GTX.jpg

70 GTX, RS23V0E car, 440-6, Pistol Grip 4 speed, 4.10 Dana, Air Grabber, Buckets, Console, Tic toc, Lemon Twist Black top and gut.

No, I didn't put the hood pins in the hood. Previous owner did that mangle job.

I had a Hemi E, a few Hemi B's, and other 440-6 cars. That's the one car I wish I had back. Kick myself in the *** for selling it almost daily. It's my "albatross"! :angry7:

Ok....Let me guess.
Cruise night, Van Nuys blvd, Van Nuys Ca ?
Sure looks like it.8)

My first car..1976 Vega V-8 white, chrome slots, 5 inch snorkel prostock hood etc.

Secondly my 1956 Chevy 150 , red with cragars, a zero rust New York car! It had a 327 engine and a custom gray interior. I saw it about 5 years ago and it is starting to rust, the paint is shot, cragars rusted, mold in the interior. The owner told me he parked it in a barn!

-
Back