Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Methanol

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • New trans

Votes: 14 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Aluminum drive shaft good for almost a full tenth at your current ET. Seen it back to back passes. Same day same track 2 runs steel shaft 2 runs aluminum shaft. Dads car picked up an average of .093

This is actually something I considered. I don't have any local resources for one, but if there's and affordable option out there I'd get on it.

I have a bigger cam if you are interested. Probably not enough to make a big difference though. It's a Howards .563/563 260/[email protected] 106. I also have the howards direct lube lifters to go with it. Pm if interested.

I would start with light weight wheels, bigger carb 850 Demon, and a ported Victor intake, then an 8" converter that will flash about 5000 rpm. Then a bigger tire.

My 65 valiant with ported have heads and a mp 590 cam 904 8" converter ran consistent 10.80's at 3200 lbs and then 10.20's at 130 in bracket mode once I put a back 1/2 and lots of tube in it at 2850 lbs

Bigger tire is the project for next winter. Do a mini tub and move the springs for a 28x10.5.

Light weight rear wheels will see more of a gain then fronts. If wanted to step up incrementally

Any testing proving this? I have only seen otherwise in my research. Going to do fronts then swap the axles to a 4.5" bc in the rear the same time I do the fitting for a wider tire.

-
Back