what should my car run, with some garage pics!!

-

MOPARCODY

Reaction score
ok so i just did a few more mods to the dart first off the specs

65 dart gt

narrowed 8.75
3:91 gears
295 60 15 bfg drag radial
caltracks
90:10-50:50 shocks
904 3500 stall
360 395 hp mopar crate engine
with upgraded eddy rpm heads
1:7rr
rmp air gap
holley street avenger 770 carb
nos cheater system with 150 pill
1 7/8 hooker super comp headers
march underdrive billit pulleys

im hoping for low 11's

dart.jpg

dart2.jpg

dart3.jpg

march underdrive billit pulleys

with those pulleys..i think it should run high 10s

Hang on to 'er, you got yourself a ride there! 10's would be my guess, like 10.80's. I don't know much about those avenger carbs, how good they are at the track.

What did it run before? I'd think it should be around 11.50s on motor. Maybe 11.0s on the bottle.

wow im not sure about the 10s marker just yet, the car went 11.6 before the heads roller rockers and the nitros, take into consideration the car only weighs 2700lbs

yes transmission is built kevlar bands upgraded clutches lower first and planetarys

im skeptical about this carb with the nitros being its a vac secondary and doesnt have a metering block on rear that allows you to change the jets just the fronts

I say low 11's n/a and low 10's with the nos. i put a 125 shot on my 340and pic up a sec. take the jets nos tells you to use and reverse them nos/fuel to fuel nos and it will really pic up i did that and pic up 3tenths.most plate kits are set up on the safe side and are to rich. run fuel pressure at 6psi to plate.

Low11's .

What are the cam specs????

i'm not sure about the carb either.

Post some results when you get them.

288/292 advertised 501/513 108lsa thats a 1.6 rocker ratio but i have 1.7 i havent figured it out yet but its somewhere in the 305 duration and 550 lift area

You guys at sea level got it good. I'd bet you'd have a tough time getting out of the 12s at Bandimere with that combo.

I have a AED 850HO carb on my 410sb.These carbs are bolt and go.I love mine.Summit now sells these AED carbs for a reasonable price,maybe the AED 750HO for your combo?
View attachment 216472

how do you get a 410? what did the engine start out as?

those AED carbs look nice, but i think ima grab me one of the 750 speed demons, i used to have one and it worked great

You guys at sea level got it good. I'd bet you'd have a tough time getting out of the 12s at Bandimere with that combo.

yep i wouldnt have it any other way lol, i ran a couple years ago at mopars at the strip best run i had was a 12.7 @ 100 (had a 20MPH head wind slowin me down)

Nice little package...there's some pretty optimistic predictions but I just can't see a 10 with what you have...
If I were betting money...With those parts on the jug 11.20-11.50
You have nice stuff but with a real converter and a port job it'll fly..!!

Cool project..!!

well like i said before the car ran 11.6 before the heads and nitros so 10s really isnt an unreachable goal,and that converter is a hughes 3500 stall with an anti ballooning plate and heavy dute stator

If you don't have one ( NHRA rulebook ) which I am assuming you do since you drag race, looks like you will need at least a roll bar if you have unaltered floors and firewall, otherwise a cage to go 11.49 or faster.
How about a driveshaft loop?
Like I said you probably already know this just making sure you don't travel any distances to just end up not being allowed to race due to overlooked safety devices etc.

Looks like it should fly have fun!

i have a driveshaft loop but not a cage, but its all in the plan before it goes out

I'm with Rob. I have a hard time seeing it run 10s. If you're at 11.6s now, that's abour 325 to the tire for that weight. With a little more ratio, assuming you upgraded the valve springs to allow for more rpm, plus an extra say, 25cfm, you're looking at about another 30hp to the tires. That's .1-.2 at the level you're at. Then the plate. The faster your car goes, the less of a boost it will give. So if you've got another hundred ish, again, assuming the convertor does work with it, you're going to be somewhere around 11.1. Take a little off for the aluminum, and you're right around 11.0s. This is just my thought process anyway. There's a lot of assumptions so the best thing is get it to the track and let us know how she goes.

well the car is going out this coming sunday so well see, granted everything works out

Post some results and take some video.

Video is very helpful.

-
Back