what single plane manifold for 360 magnum?

-

maca

Reaction score
Hey all
I have a 360 magnum with a vortech supercharger set up.
I currently have edelbrock heads and duel plane intake.
I have one plug showing its a bit leaner than all the others so I was thinking of installing a single plane manifold. I like to keep all my parts the same for better match up if possible but it looks like edelbrock don't do a single plane for the magnum. I can only ffind a Mopar Performance one. Can anyone tell me what single plane manifolds are available for the 360 magnums? and has anyone used the mopar performance ones?
Is there going to be any negatives to swapping to the single plane
cheers Maca

Of course you can redrill your heads to accept LA intakes......

Well im gonna guess you have a carb. That blower and carb mix fuel very well and you shouldn't have much problems with a single plane unlike the NA guys. I have A MP single plane mag manifold, fuel injection style wth a 62-1 turbo and I like it a lot. Though I'm only in the tuning stages. Good luck!

Thanks guys
I would have to redrill the M1 if I go that way. How is the M1 different to the Mopar Performance one or are they close to the same?
I currently am having issues with my new build but with further tests today I think it might not be the manifold. I have tried all sorts of tests but with no luck. Will keep trying to find the problem

Gonna start calling you "hard luck Maca" :)

Have you tried an open spacer or considered removing the center divider on your current manifold? Pump shot and jetting will more than likely have to be re-tuned.

The "M1" is MoPar's designation for there intake manifolds. You have to state what intake it is by style, dual plane, single plane, tunnel ram, cross ram or six pack.

The Magnum engine has a M1 dual & signal plane only but they have various styles of single plane intakes available. Carb 4bbl. Stock throttle body with the injector holes, tall and taller. The list is short but varied.

The after market? Only dual plane. Edelbrock rpm, Hughes engines version with EFI bosses, crosswinds and other small companies dual plane.

Gonna start calling you "hard luck Maca" :)

I know. I am not having much luck with this engine. Chasing lifters not pumping up for 2 years with 3 cams and 4 sets of lifters. So I have gone solid and now still having issues. Even the local engine builders and tuners cant find my issues. LOL
I am coming to the USA for the 1st time for a family holiday in January. I think I might look out for a good running magnum then I know it will be ok.

The manifold I was looking at getting is a single plane carby one. But I feel this may not be my issue. I am seeing a Chrysler engine builder this week so I hope he can find the issue
cheers

I know. I am not having much luck with this engine. Chasing lifters not pumping up for 2 years with 3 cams and 4 sets of lifters. So I have gone solid and now still having issues. Even the local engine builders and tuners cant find my issues. LOL
I am coming to the USA for the 1st time for a family holiday in January. I think I might look out for a good running magnum then I know it will be ok.

The manifold I was looking at getting is a single plane carby one. But I feel this may not be my issue. I am seeing a Chrysler engine builder this week so I hope he can find the issue
cheers

I've had lifters not pumping up, caused by heavy oil,, i use 5-30 oil , no heavier. or related additives.
after 1,000 miles go to 10-30 no heavier. Depending on temp. cured several times. cheap try.

This looks like a old thread. But indy cylinder head makes a single plane intake for the magnum heads

Not my intake.

Screenshot_20231230_172529_Facebook.jpg

This looks like an old thread. But indy cylinder head makes a single plane intake for the magnum heads
There a tea spoon over $1,000 for there intakes now.
Soooooorry! Not worth the entry price!

Damn!!!. Thats crazey
Indy has new owners and a new web site with new prices that are insanely priced. As a note, there have Edelbrock cast the intakes.
Anytime a small run of parts are made, they’re expensive. No way around it.

It’s just a darn shame that the Indy is the only single plane available new. The MP-M1 single is no longer made and any other intake is a dual plane. Save the Mod Man from Indy.

Damn I just found this intake and it already says pending most of the time I see them at close to 900-1000

Screenshot_20240105_065241_Facebook.jpg

-
Back