what size carb for a 416 stroker

-
Simple test. Get the car warmed up and give the distributor a little twist counter clockwise, if the engine picked up RPM... IT WANTS MORE TIMING at idle.

Burn your eyes has more to do with ignition timing than anything else in most cases. Timing first, then tune the carb up.

It never fails!! You 6 pack guys naughty up every thread you can!!! LOL.
No we don’t!
E52ACE55-14E2-4809-B8C7-0768D7D50449.jpeg

I honestly think Six Packs look cool. But they never out performed a big 4 corner circuit Carburetor. I had plenty in my day. They are like the Harley's I own, An Ego trip compared to a 1000R. But I wouldn't mind having one on a stock driver for the shows. They look so massive but accomplish so little compared to the pain in the *** they are on a big cam motor. They now have a EFI system I have seen that bolts to that intake,Now that would be the ticket.

yes for Max effort absolutely a high performance 4 Barrel and single plane will give you the most HP and sorry for mucking up the thread. But as far as a fuel injected 6 Barrel nothing really Mopar about that

And as far as a six pack doing so little? I have personally seen a 340 six pack turn 10.6 in the quarter mile yeah an underachiever for sure LOL

IMO, there the best dual plane dual purpose intake manifold from the old school days only topped by the Edelbrock RPM/AG.

Did anyone happen to notice that members here have tried the RPM vs a single plane and somewhere around that time above is the break point between manifolds?
Did you notice or remember that the MP tips goes to a single plane right about the same area?
Hummmmmmmm.......

yes for Max effort absolutely a high performance 4 Barrel and single plane will give you the most HP and sorry for mucking up the thread. But as far as a fuel injected 6 Barrel nothing really Mopar about that
Once the air cleaner is on who would know? I never noticed until I heard the guy talking about it and I looked closer.

Currently running a holley avenger 770. Holley website says I should be running an 870 cfm carb on a mild 416 stroker motor. My issue is that at idle my car seems to be running real rich when I smell the eye burning exhaust. Once I am underway it seems to clean itself up. I was thinking that maybe the 770 is not providing enough air flow at idle which is causing it to run rich. I have edelbrock aluminum heads with a performer airgap intake.

770 is fine for your engine. You don't need a bigger carb, you just need less fuel. That is what they make jets for. The power valve doesn't do anything at idle so that isn't the problem. Your idle circuit is probably the issue. Adjust the idle mixture screws and see what happens. Add more ignition timing and see what happens. You'll eventually figure it out.

Square the primaries and idle off the secondaries with a 4 corner carb or drill 3/32 holes in the throttle blades as pictured. No matter what you need to have the primaries square or less. It won't run rich then of idle. Sounds like your into the transfer ports at idle. My car idles at 1500 off the secondaries. Primaries are closed. 3 size larger air bleeds in the primary side. The more air it sucks the less fuel it sucks. Put your fingers over the air bleeds and watch how rich it gets then.

I have seen cars so rich they could knock a buzzard off a **** wagon at 100 feet with one stab of the throttle.

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

download (3).jpg

-
Back