what spark plugs to run on my rhs heads

-

winstoninwisc

Taint easy livin free,season ticket ona 1wayride
Reaction score
finally getting back to my engine now that it is above 30 degree"s ,its going in next week and I was wondering 2 things they are 2.02 rhs 360x heads bowled with a victor intake 525 lift with about 300 advertised duration .automatic.3:23 sure grip with a tsi tranny m.s.d. 6 al will be gapped at .045 on 97 0ctain pump fuel out of my 650 duel feed until I get my 750 . vac secondairys d/f holly any true support on spark plugs would be appreciated . 2nd do the tti headers trueley drop in a 65 barracuda with a small block or is there a lot of work to do yet. 4-6 weeks out how much HP would I loose using shorties? yes $ always a problem here only 2 1/2 years behind with this last cold *** winter ,it just didn't pay to heat the shop, solor heat on its way I hope thanks for any info on plugs sorry to all of you that have been on hold parts will be available soon for your 64/65 barracuda"s slow but sure thanks fabo

IMO Champion RC12YC heat range is TO hot for harder driving on the street. its cheaper to fowl a plug than burn holes in pistons. IMO.

NGK V-Power...GR5
You will love them. Its like adding more power. They really make a difference.
Shortie headers are not that bad unless you plan on drag racing, I have them and have no complaints.

You're going to get several answers but the NGK V-Power ZFR6E-11 (Later Magnum/Dakota R/T plug) is a good safe choice. They come pre-gapped at .045 btw.

You could try the NGK FR4 (spec'd for early Magnums) but I found them to be too hot.

I'm partial to NGKs (easier to read), but the Champion RC12YC (early OE plug) is also a good plug. The heat range is somewhere around the equivalent to an NGK #5 and comes pre-gapped at .036". You could also do the RC12LC4 (later OE plug), with the only difference being they're pre-gapped to .040".

-
Back