what tips and trick in your stock front end (((drag car)))

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
ok guys what tips and tricks do you guys do to the stock front end????? i have talk to guys that run in the 8.5 range with stock stuff and looking to see what some here have done.....i know that if you can get it free (loose) your good so what do you do???????:glasses7:

Urethane bushings everywhere, if you can afford them heim jointed upper arms
No sway bar
heimed strut rod
light spring rate torsion w/ plenty of preload
plenty of travel
good shocks

I'll add lube the urethane with antiseize, an alignment done to line the tires up with the nose up, and a 2nd on the best shocks you can get.

I also agree with the previous guys and also you want as much pos. caster as you can get as well as zero toe. Both at as run/ racing height. skinny frt. runners, 40-50 psi. in them. A little nose high also helps with weight transfer. Good luck.

come on guys this stuff cant be top secret lolol :wav:

Some guys remove the upper control arm bump stops and replace with adjustable bolt to extend or limit the front end travel. I was looking at a Sox&Martin SS/B Cuda at a show and it had a quick cable adjuster that attached to the upper arm through the inner fender to a bracket with several holes about a 1/2 inch apart and a clevis pin to add or limit front end lift. I think it may help 60' times ??

If you are in good with a quality machinist, have him make you a set of aluminum bushing for the uppers and lowers with a spiral groove running around them. Drill and tap the arms, inserts grease fittings. We did it on our Dakota C/M truck and it made a world of difference in the way the truck launched, and settled as it went through the lights. Just my .02

Bill S.

I use tubular upper control arms from firm feel and I use the lower control arms pin kit from firm feel that is greaseable with urethane bushing. This gives you a lot of castor adjustablity and frees the front end up a lot. On the front strut rods I used urethane bushings (summit's cheap bushings). On the back side of the K member where the bushing goes in I feathered back the bushing so there is a small amount of contact to the k member. this really freed up the front end for me. I run a all steel 71 Demon 10.0 at 132 mph and the 60 foot is 1.35. I hope this helps you out.

Sorry I forgot a crucial point. I fixed the bumpsteer on the car by buying after market kits. 2 of them didn't work, 1 did. I got it at Lofgren Specialties. The bumpsteer says good with about 4 1/2" of travel up and down.

-
Back