What to use when drying off car after wash?

-
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions! Very helpful!

I have a paint chip on the top of the driver’s side fender (right next to the gap between the fender and hood). I need to find touch up paint ASAP. The cars color is listed as Two stage Electric Blue, which was supposedly a

Post some more pics of your Duster. I think we all like to see pictures. :)

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions! Very helpful!

I have a paint chip on the top of the driver’s side fender (right next to the gap between the fender and hood). I need to find touch up paint ASAP. The cars color is listed as Two stage Electric Blue, which was supposedly a

Not saying that I used their product, but their commercials are interesting.

You can go to a local automotive paint house or some auto parts stores, and they have a spectrophotometer. They use it to sample your current paint. Then they take the info from the photometer and mix up your color. They can put it in a pint can or even a spray bottle. My local O'reilly store did this for me. It cost around $40 for a pint, but it matched perfectly and I'll have plenty if I need to do it again.

You can go to a local automotive paint house or some auto parts stores, and they have a spectrophotometer. They use it to sample your current paint. Then they take the info from the photometer and mix up your color. They can put it in a pint can or even a spray bottle. My local O'reilly store did this for me. It cost around $40 for a pint, but it matched perfectly and I'll have plenty if I need to do it again.
Great information! Thanks Brian!

I use this and then a towel for any remaining water spots

1714997871969.png

I use Meguiars Water Magnet drying towels. These things work so good, I even use them in the kitchen for drying dishes :)

Well... here it is, guys. 1972 Duster 340 Tribute.

Attachments

• dusterpics2.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 32
Thanks S-C! I'm trying to learn as much as I can about it. Lots to learn! Especially with me being a "motorhead" ignoramus!
No problem!

You are on the best site in the world for A- body info.

Ask away if you need help with anything. Most on here will help you out, you may run into a few negative comments here and there but pay no attention to it.

Get used to the search function in the top right of the screen as most questions you have will already have been discussed at length.

Don't worry about being new to Mopars.

We all started the same way.

Cheers!!

No problem!

You are on the best site in the world for A- body info.

Ask away if you need help with anything. Most on here will help you out, you may run into a few negative comments here and there but pay no attention to it.

Get used to the search function in the top right of the screen as most questions you have will already have been discussed at length.

Don't worry about being new to Mopars.

We all started the same way.

Cheers!!
Thank you so much! And I appreciate your comments and the opportunity to belong to this forum!

I NEVER "wash" my old cars with a hose and water. I don't want to fill the cracks and crevices with water EVER. The paint on my current car is absolutely beautiful and I wipe it down when dirty with a damp cloth , then use hand glaze to polish , then a spray on finish polish. My car shines like glass and I know I don't have moisture deep inside the nooks and crannies starting rust.

IMG_3362.JPG

I NEVER "wash" my old cars with a hose and water. I don't want to fill the cracks and crevices with water EVER. The paint on my current car is absolutely beautiful and I wipe it down when dirty with a damp cloth , then use hand glaze to polish , then a spray on finish polish. My car shines like glass and I know I don't have moisture deep inside the nooks and crannies starting rust.

View attachment 1716247616
Great idea! That car definitely looks shiny! What year/model is that Plymouth? Awesome!

View attachment 1716247616
I have to commend you, not too many people could wipe down a dirty car by hand and not swirl the paint badly, especially black, that's why as a former painter I never recommended that, but good on you for finding a way to make it work. Beautiful car!

I am a former auto detailer and learned years ago how to take care of a cars paint. At one time I had 4 Black vehicles at the same time! Yes beautiful when clean but when is that? Seemed all I did was clean dirty Black cars LOL :lol:

Last edited:
-
Back