What Was the FIRST Cinema Movie You watched?

-
herbie the love bug with don knotts

Hey!....me too! At least that's about as far back as I can remember. We had a '67 white VW beetle and the whole family went to Hollywood's Grauman's Chinese Theatre in it to watch Herbie the Love Bug. I thought we were so cool in it.

Close Encounters. Scared the **** out of me! I was just a little guy.

Ben Hur With I beleive Chareton Heston

And then Sound of Music,

These are movies back when most of you guys were just a glimmer in your dad's eye

Vanishing Point, I was about 4 and had no idea what the movie was about, but it had fast cars and that was good enough :cheers:

You guys are making me feel really old!!!
But at least the first movie I remember going to was a 'talkie'! LOL.
Actually, it was "Oklahoma" when it first came out in '55. My mom and older sister took me because my dad (Union Pacific railroad engineer) was out on a run and they couldn't find a sitter for me.

I know it was a Bruce Lee movie(Enter the Dragon maybe)I swear we kicked every fence on the way home!LOL!!EEEIIIIYYYYY!!

:clock: the first one for me was the Alamo with john W. in the back of a 47 dodge p/u.not sure the year somewhere in the late 50s early 60s.

I was a DriveIn baby (probably in more ways than one...), but the first movie I have even a partial memory of was Mary Poppins. I remember Dad grousing about how long the chimney sweep scene was:angry7:.The movie that had the greatest effect on me was a first run showing of American Graffitti in the theatre. WOW! When that 58 Impala pulled up to the light in traffic at dusk...that's when I irreversibly became a car guy! How ironic that I'm not much of a Chevy fan:-D!

I know I saw the pink panther at the theater but the one I remember going on my first date was to E.T.
I seem to oppress my childhood memories and I don't know why:scratch:.......I had a happy childhood:dontknow:

Revenge of the Pink Panther... I think it was in Rockville Center on Long Island. Think I was like 4 or 5?

Chicken run was my first movie too. I was older though. I think it was 1999 or 2000. I was 15 and saw it with my grandparents. I was soo hott and the theather was cool. The last movie I saw was Zombieland, which was better than chicken run. Since when do chicken have teeth anyway?

I remember my mom took me to watch "Chicken Run" when I was about..6?

What was yours?

Red River, in about 1948... I was ten.... (no typo):angry7:

All you guys talking about getting old because the first movies you saw were in the sixties (Beatles, etc.) are breakin' me up!!! I was 30, in 1968...

Song of The South. Had to be '73 or so but the movie came out in the '40s. I think it's been banned for 'racial insensitivity' or some such thing. Scared the crap out of me.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show, went with my older brother at age 11

the first movie i rememeber seeing was in the early 1960s,,was at a drive in and a double feature,,," hot rods to hell " and " hells angels on wheels " was in the back seat of a 59 merc station wagon,,,,,with my parents,,,,

but the first moive i went to with out my parents was in my opinion,,the greatest movie,,,, " american graffitti " 1973,,kools cars,, great music,,,

-
Back