What will you do

-
I won't be alive when that happens. If gasoline was going away any time soon, why are the oil companies (Circle K, 7-11, Wawa, etc) spending millions of dollars building "MEGA" gas stations. In the last year, alone, they have built over 20 new stations in my area. Buckees just got approval for a Mega station with over 100 gas pumps, and a "new" interchange on I-75

I will do as described in the song Red Barchetta by Rush...

I won't be alive when that happens. If gasoline was going away any time soon, why are the oil companies (Circle K, 7-11, Wawa, etc) spending millions of dollars building "MEGA" gas stations. In the last year, alone, they have built over 20 new stations in my area. Buckees just got approval for a Mega station with over 100 gas pumps, and a "new" interchange on I-75
I don't think America is burning more gas now. I think the oil companies are trying to get a bigger piece of the pie. [increase the size of their monopoly]. At one time people owned gas stations. Then people leased gas stations. Then they got bought out by convenience store chains. Seven Eleven is owned by a Japaneast family, so you know where that profit goes.

Local gas station gets a delivery every day. 16 pumps. 8000 gallons times $3.40 [regular] times 20% profit = $5,440. Not a bad days pay.

A little humor….or is it common sense? You decide!

317A2145-D740-44CF-AFF5-E016A2E61D4E.jpeg

I got a jeep flathead six to run on everclear, and then on just about any liquor we cared to put in the sediment bowl.

Kinda pricey, but proof of concept.

I agree petrol ain't going away in my lifetime (I'm 55), although It certainly will trend more expensive as it always has through the dips and rises.

OTOH, I have no problem retro-fitting an electric motor in my classic when gas becomes either too expensive or too difficult to find. I'll likely get a performance increase as well.

...but again, I don't see this being anywhere near a "crisis" for decades at the earliest.

Last edited by a moderator:
It ain’t happening. I’m in the transportation industry and work on a major farming ranch. We have an electric tractor. It’s NOT working out well. Even our electric side by sides are bullshit. Our old Kawasaki Mules just keep on going.

I’ve been a tow truck driver for 15 years, ain’t no way no how an electric tow truck can keep up and do the same work our diesel trucks can do.

It’s all bureaucratic ‘make you feel good’ bullshit. Usually when some asshole decides something is better for the greater good of the people, it ain’t.

It ain’t happening. I’m in the transportation industry and work on a major farming ranch. We have an electric tractor. It’s NOT working out well. Even our electric side by sides are bullshit. Our old Kawasaki Mules just keep on going.

I’ve been a tow truck driver for 15 years, ain’t no way no how an electric tow truck can keep up and do the same work our diesel trucks can do.

It’s all bureaucratic ‘make you feel good’ bullshit. Usually when some asshole decides something is better for the greater good of the people, it ain’t.
Which electric tractor and electric side by sides do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Which electric tractor and electric side by sides do you have if you don't mind me asking?
The ranch is testing a Monarch tractor. It’s a company based in California. It’s smaller utility tractor.

There’s a Polaris Zero UTV I see the AG guys use out there. They much prefer the Kubota RTV

The ranch is testing a Monarch tractor. It’s a company based in California. It’s smaller utility tractor.

There’s a Polaris Zero UTV I see the AG guys use out there. They much prefer the Kubota RTV
Monarch's a good company and the tractor seems decent - to a non-user at least. Hopefully you received an incentive for it. Didn't realize Kubota's making an electric UTV. Good to know!

-
Back