What work did you do today on your Mopar?

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I did nothing today,but pulled the 8 3/4 back out of my 66 Dart lastnight.A shorter one is going back in.:cheers:

Replaced my dented and rusted up fenders and went to line up lower valance and it didnt line up so got pissed and came to FABO!

I did nothing due to the rain and dreary weather. But I did think about all the things I should be doing.

I went to the shop and picked up m grinder and brought it home with the intention of getting the new floor pan ready to go in and then did nothing...cold, cloudy, wet day, I took a nap instead...there's always tomorrow..

Welded and ground down the body side molding holes on one side of the Swinger. Did the brakes, replaced the outer steering tie rod end and got new tires on the wife's family truckster. Stared at the pool, intending to sweep it. Instead, came inside and looked through a Jeg's catalog and watched my wife change for work. Now I'm watching Star Wars.

Haaaaahahaha... Johnparts and I shaved door handles and locks, trunk lock, all 4 sidemarkers, pass. side mirror, antenna... It's been a loooong day!

Nothing her ether pettybludart :angry7: Sounds like you got allot of heavy work dun today to me :happy10:
I did take a walk in her nest and checked my trip lines to make sure no one's been out there and stored my new parts that grumpas sent me so I can get disc brakes on here soon :cheers:

Haaaaahahaha... Johnparts and I shaved door handles and locks, trunk lock, all 4 sidemarkers, pass. side mirror, antenna... It's been a loooong day!
I bet you have a heated shop up there :cheers: Sounds like a full day to me :happy10:

Went to a out of town tool meeting until mid afternoon. Got a call from a Mopar friend and made plans to go to the Farmington Mn. show the first of June. He also has a glass bead cabinet I can use any time for my motor parts. If yesterday counts, I reordered a couple valves that came in wrong on my last order. (2 valves were a different style head than all the rest. They were in an old box.)
Mike

Welded and ground down the body side molding holes on one side of the Swinger. Did the brakes, replaced the outer steering tie rod end and got new tires on the wife's family truckster. Stared at the pool, intending to sweep it. Instead, came inside and looked through a Jeg's catalog and watched my wife change for work. Now I'm watching Star Wars.
More work dun :cheers:
Sounds like a nice day down there in Fla. Enjoy the movie :happy10:

I finished putting the tubular upper control arm on my cuda, tightened the ball joint nut to spec, put the wheel back on. and I finished making the tranny cooler lines, started it up to see if they leak, and NO leaks!!

Glad to see everybody doing alittle something to their rides,even if it is small.Small things add up quick!:cheers:

I got me a welder and tried it out on a small hole. I also cleaned my hand with a wire wheel. :cheers:

Got me a welder 002.jpg

Got me a welder 014.jpg

R&R'd the front wheels.....previous owner had Ford steelies on there.....couldn't have that. Tossed on some 15X7 Diplomat rims I've had laying around as "paint shop rollers". About 4 or so days ago, I dropped the fuel tank and R&R'd the sending unit. The fuel gauge used to always read "E"......when I removed the old sending unit, the brass float had DISINTEGRATED! Only 1/2 a float was there!!!.....musta had some wicked old varnishy fuel in there at one time.

Continued soldering terminals to my custom auxillary dash harness for my 65 wagon

got this thing off the engine stand and with the help of a couple of friends dropped it in my 68 Dart. yes there is work left to do before "fire in the hole", but its still a whole lot better than hanging on the stand.:cheers:

IMG_0009.jpg

Finished up my block work, to get it ready to send out. I need to make sure this engine is ready to blow a certain '66 off the road. Then I had a few beers with my car, and we listened to some tunes. My son came up to the shop, and we bantered about our rides for a few more beers. He drives a Mustang(damn, I can't convert the little brat)

Bought a carb off of craigslist this morning, brought it home and cleaned it up, bought a rebuild kit and ordered some replacement parts for it. Did some detail painting on some little parts for my engine. Finally removed the masking from under the hood of the Duster, then buffed and waxed the month old paint. Ended the day getting my trans ready to go to a friend's house for rebuild tuesday when I'm done with my finals.
My dad did some more body work on the Super Bee and compiled his "parts needed" list for the upcoming Mopar shows and swaps.

Installed my new billet aluminum gas cap... and fired it up and took it for the first ride of the year.. Pretty rare to be able to go out this early in Winnipeg , but just had to take it around the neighborhood a bit.. Another week or so of this fabulous spring weather and I.m gonna get out to the closest highway..

Any one else interested for next weekend in Winnipeg?????? Maybe a quick trip up to Lockport??

Sorry 67 dart..

Stared at it as, usual; I can't figure out wether to use Nason sealer first, then shoot epoxy primer, as thinking about Sherwin williams paint.

Did more research, like I do every day. Learned that the A/C blower motor is different than the non A/C one and that those fancy blower motor delete plates will not work on my firewall.

And the Mallory dist ,coil, and hyfire VI is in. Afraid to start it. What a wiring nightmare.

dist.JPG

coil.JPG

hyfire.JPG

I actually worked on a Chevy today, yuck, son called at about 10 last night "the Monte died on the hill be the house" grrrr.

Went down to look, started it up, so whats the problem? I go and take off and it sputters and dies, oh fuel filter. I manage to coax it up the hill.

Go to Napa for a filter this morning, ask for one, go home its the wrong one, its the kind inside the carb so i couldnt see it. Of course they dont have it, wait a hr, go back to get it.

5 min job ended up taking two hrs, thats what i get i guess for working on a Chevy.

-
Back