What would it take to carry the front wheels to the 60' beams?

-
lisa has a 100 lbs on her bumper,and her car is a small block,needs lots of hp,high stall convertor,transbrake,and a good hooking car and good track prep

This must be the wheelsup73 and Lisa Caldwell Dart. Lots of video on youtube, looks like it's running a four link. I like it! Although I was hoping to stay with caltracs.

I know a lot of drag cars running weight in the rear. I've personally never tried it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd3TadLVg9E"]Lisa Caldwell's BIGGEST wheelie - YouTube[/ame]

Move the engine back about 6 to 10'' is what I have seen , cut a tunnel in your fire wall and close it back in, this will transfer lb's to the rear and away from the front end.

once you get up to rollin you dont want the front wheels off the ground bro

i know it's not a dragster but still

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDeCh8Fb5fo"]The Biggest Crashes in the History of DRAGSTER - YouTube[/ame]

I agree moparlover, but he seems to want to look at the sky leaving the line.
my self I would much rather feel the G'es as I leave :coffee2:

You will probably need a lot of weight in the trunk. One of the guys that I race with runs almost the exact same ET as my car, but pulls 2-3 foot wheel stands on a regular basis (mine just pulls the wheels about 6-12 inches now). This video is of Danny Black driving Jamie Fenner's car at the US Nationals in Stock Eliminator....yes, that is a 340 in that 3400# car....I think he hung the hoops a little too high on this one :D.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOHYMWvJz4w"]2007 US Nationals Danny Black wheelstand - YouTube[/ame]

You will probably need a lot of weight in the trunk. One of the guys that I race with runs almost the exact same ET as my car, but pulls 2-3 foot wheel stands on a regular basis (mine just pulls the wheels about 6-12 inches now). This video is of Danny Black driving Jamie Fenner's car at the US Nationals in Stock Eliminator....yes, that is a 340 in that 3400# car....I think he hung the hoops a little too high on this one :D.

2007 US Nationals Danny Black wheelstand - YouTube

In a sea of drag cars there is a few cars burned into my mind that I'll never forget. Most of them are wheel standers like that and a couple small tire sleepers like the Jim Henn Nova seen at local tracks live and in person.

compression, a big *** solid or even a bigger roller, 8" 5500 stall convertor, real good flowing heads, single plane intake or tunnel ram, good carb/s, slicks and tall gear.

What goes up, must come down.
Make sure you have a good skid plate so your oil pan doesn't get creamed......

This must be the wheelsup73 and Lisa Caldwell Dart. Lots of video on youtube, looks like it's running a four link. I like it! Although I was hoping to stay with caltracs.

I know a lot of drag cars running weight in the rear. I've personally never tried it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd3TadLVg9E

I run ladder bars. I have 50#s in the trunk as well as a 10 gallon fuel cell and 2 group 65 batterys that weigh 45#s a piece. 4.56 gears in the Dana and 2.77 first gear in the 904 trans with a continental 5700 8 inch converter and a turbo action brake. My motor is making around 575HP and is 11.7 to 1 410 stroker with a solid Hughes cam 276/280 @ .050 631 lift and Edelbrock heads. My car weight is 51.7 % front heavy and the car weighs in at 3160#s. I would start with 100 lbs in the trunk and see what it will do. I took alot of time and 2 oil pans to get it where it won't come down hard from a wheelstand and hurt parts. Good luck with it. Here is a vid of how Lisa's car use to leave before I got it to drag the bumper. This vid is the 3rd shake down run with the new stroker motor in 2007.
[ame]http://youtu.be/l2CggdLuLPc[/ame]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd3TadLVg9E

I run ladder bars. I have 50#s in the trunk as well as a 10 gallon fuel cell and 2 group 65 batterys that weigh 45#s a piece. 4.56 gears in the Dana and 2.77 first gear in the 904 trans with a continental 5700 8 inch converter and a turbo action brake. My motor is making around 575HP and is 11.7 to 1 410 stroker with a solid Hughes cam 276/280 @ .050 631 lift and Edelbrock heads. My car weight is 51.7 % front heavy and the car weighs in at 3160#s. I would start with 100 lbs in the trunk and see what it will do. I took alot of time and 2 oil pans to get it where it won't come down hard from a wheelstand and hurt parts. Good luck with it. Here is a vid of how Lisa's car use to leave before I got it to drag the bumper. This vid is the 3rd shake down run with the new stroker motor in 2007.
[ame]http://youtu.be/l2CggdLuLPc[/ame]

http://youtu.be/l2CggdLuLPc

Thanks for the information.

Other than it looking cool and no doubt the Dart is a crowd favorite. Is there any racing reason for setting up the car up to wheel stand like that? Maybe it's a little distracting to the driver in the next lane. :-D

I believe Ron's Valiant had #90 welded into the back bumper...that definitely helps with putting the car up on its *** when launching lol

I believe Ron's Valiant had #90 welded into the back bumper...that definitely helps with putting the car up on its *** when launching lol

Yes, it did have a bunch of plate welded on behind the rear bumper.

Found that the bumper doesn't need to weigh enough to hold down the house in a hurricane. I had the ballast bar in the backseat and it made mine deadly consistent at the tree, leaving on the bumper, pass after pass. 1.41 60' times and could manage 10.70s @122mph, because the 906 heads stopped breathing at .550 lift. I wasn't as good as I thought I was, with a die grinder. The trick to mine was ladder bars and transbrake, combined with a super duper converter.

I think that would be a blast! Running 10's and carry the front wheels out to the 60' beams.

What do I need suspension and/or H.P. and torque or both? lol...

Here is what I'm working with 65 Valiant post mini tubbed and cage.

2 or 3 Big Block Chevy Iron Cylinder Heads mounted as far back as Possible in the trunk.... Slow the car down just a tad, But makes for a great EXHIBITION...
See you at the DALE... :)

65 Valiants have an inherent disability when it comes to carrying the front wheels farther than a few feet. So I think you should just sell me that little red Valiant and be done with such foolishness.

Lots of tire and good suspension. A 400+ cube stroker would do the trick. Looks like the 66 Dart has a delay box and a tranny brake. Otherwise you need a stick car.

I told this story before but i will keep it short, Lisa's Dad and uncle built a 69 Dart back in the 80s and he moved the motor back 18 inches ,put a big tires on the back ( tubbed) and put together a 360 with TA heads. The first pass out it wheelstood through 3 gears( 400 feet) and went straight as an arrow( ran 10.40s) and so the wheelstand started a family tradition. They races that dart at sears point and won tons of races with it. A few years later lisas dad who raced Comp Eliminator for many years, built a chevelle to pull big wheelies also, and it did running 9.50s at 139 and carring the wheels 250 feet.. So once we got enough power in Lisa's car( stroker in 2007) we started working on the wheelstands and it is what we have today. When your pulling a wheelie you know the car is hooking hard, and her car won't very .01 all day in 60 foot times. We run a 10 inch tire on a 10 inch rim pulling 1.32 60s or 1.44 on the back tires so we need all the weight transfer we can get.
The thing with big wheelstands is the car is never boring to drive and I don't care how many passes you make you never quite get use to the car powering the front end way up and carring the wheels like it does and thats what makes it so much fun.

I found it a real gut wrencher the first few dozen times,, hoping and praying it's gonna come down going in the same direction you pointed it .. lol...

I was only carrying the front wheels about ten feet,, I can't imagine 60 ft.. sheesh..

The reason we don't dial out the wheel stand is that every time up to the line we always get a lot of mike time and my sponsors get mentioned.

Last time out are package was .017,018 and .021 in Super Pro.

Ladder bars,big tire's,3800 rpm converter,493 400 block engine.
No weight in the trunck.
2 battery's and 2 gallons of fuel in a 10 gallon fuel cell.

60 ft when we hit the cone with the front tire's on the ground 1.19 to 1.21
In the air 1.45-1.47

60 Ft Cone.

65 Valiants have an inherent disability when it comes to carrying the front wheels farther than a few feet. So I think you should just sell me that little red Valiant and be done with such foolishness.

You have a Red Valiant already lol... had me going for a split second there.

The reason we don't dial out the wheel stand is that every time up to the line we always get a lot of mike time and my sponsors get mentioned.

Last time out are package was .017,018 and .021 in Super Pro.

Ladder bars,big tire's,3800 rpm converter,493 400 block engine.
No weight in the trunck.
2 battery's and 2 gallons of fuel in a 10 gallon fuel cell.

60 ft when we hit the cone with the front tire's on the ground 1.19 to 1.21
In the air 1.45-1.47

60 Ft Cone.

In addition to making sense. It just flat out seems much more exciting for both the drivers and spectators with the wheels in he air.

Now I'm at a cross roads, ladder bars or leaf springs, probably both about the same cost overall. I would like to see some under chassis shots specifically how "A" body owners are mounting the ladder bar cross members.

-
Back