What would it take to carry the front wheels to the 60' beams?

-
Womanator--So by keeping the tires on the ground you have a better 6oft time but you keep the wheelstand for obvious reasons. Nice car btw

I'm not sure how much slower I'm going with the wheels going that high.
What I do know is that I'm having to have the car go about 14 ft longer to trip the sensor with the back tire's instead of the front tires.

Ok--Yea I thought about that after I posted DAHHHHHHHH --Thanks Steve

You have a Red Valiant already lol... had me going for a split second there.

You can't blame me for trying. I think your car is awsome. Keep up the great work and keep us posted.

Dude I had a guy tell me years ago the only way to beat cubic inches is cubic DOLLARS. spend enough money and you have a wheel stander. As far as I am concerned going up in the air doesn't equal going forward. Just a thought..

Glass fenders, bumper, hood, super lightweight radiator, aluminum heads...drop some weight off the front and the amount of hp needed will go down. Would it be better to get away from the stock rear suspension as well?

There is definitely a fine line on the wheel standing cars. You see some cars go up then drop like a rock and go. Then of course you have the extreme bumper dragging rear wheels off the ground and coming down in a carnage of a mess.
I'm thinking something in between the two, possibly I'm in some dream world with my thinking, especially with my budget.:-D

If you don't think the Hemi Super Stock cars and their wheel stands are not bad ***, you might be better off driving a Kia.

Attachments

• ccrp_1006_34_+byron_dragway_wheelstand_contest+wheelstand.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 199
  • UMspWF.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 193
  • once-more-like-before-charlie-westcott-jrs-warfish-won.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 195
  • f6263888d7e9b89cd2c1efcbb84a2a74.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Hemi SS.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 186
Although it looks really cool, you are better off having the car go down the track with the front wheels on the ground. It takes horsepower to get the front end in the air- horsepower that could be used to lower your et. Now let the hating begin!! JMO

Although it looks really cool, you are better off having the car go down the track with the front wheels on the ground. It takes horsepower to get the front end in the air- horsepower that could be used to lower your et. Now let the hating begin!! JMO

It seems the OP isn't concerned with his times as much as the cool factor. As fat as the "fine line" goes, what I think the difference is the guts the drivers have. You get the front wheels up and get scared and immediately let off it's going to come down real hard. Stay in the gas and let it drop on its own or ease out of it and it will go a lot smoother. I have never gotten tires up in the air so I don't know but it seems like the first time you get a big wheelie your going to say oh crap and drop the front end breaking a few things.

Holly Crap Z... Are you saying your going "Holton Hemi" NOW ????????????
YOU DA MAN !!!!!!!!!! Woooo Hooo
Hemi Power Babie !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hanging the HoopS !!!!!!!!!!

Whats everybodies thoughts on tethering control arms,so wheels don,t drop fully at launch.Look at that WarFish,s wheels.

Holly Crap Z... Are you saying your going "Holton Hemi" NOW ????????????
YOU DA MAN !!!!!!!!!! Woooo Hooo
Hemi Power Babie !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hanging the HoopS !!!!!!!!!!

Nope just saying the Hemi Super Stocker could be faster if they didn't wheel stand. :-D

Whats everybodies thoughts on tethering control arms,so wheels don,t drop fully at launch.Look at that WarFish,s wheels.

you would probably find alot of those cars have front end limiters to control the how much the wheel drops...

alot of super gas cars use them also to get the front wheels out of the beam faster..

I wonder if there would be any profit in making something like a hole shot device for cars. For those not familiar with it they use it on dirtbikes. It locks the front suspension down to keeping the front wheel from coming up when the gate drops.

And you are right! When was the last time that you saw a pro stock do a wheel stand?

Different animal, full tube chassis race car vs a back half factory production car. One was built to race and well one to take the family to the races. :-D

I think if the guys with the Hemi Super Stockers thought they would be faster without carrying the wheels thats what they would be doing. I think they want to go as quick as they can.

I think if the guys with the Hemi Super Stockers thought they would be faster without carrying the wheels thats what they would be doing. I think they want to go as quick as they can.

I guarantee they would be quicker. Watch a real fast small tire car like X275 they'll pick the tire a few inches for a short distance when they make the fast passes. The SS/AH cars have a lot of power and a very limited front end for the power level they are at. Believe it or not, torsion bars kinda suck.
Wheel stands add ET, blow shocks out and bend up mounting points, knock alignments around like Mike Tyson on a white guy and look cool as hell. I get it, it's cool, they're fun, but a lot of people don't consider the downside to pounding the car like that.

I guarantee they would be quicker. Watch a real fast small tire car like X275 they'll pick the tire a few inches for a short distance when they make the fast passes. The SS/AH cars have a lot of power and a very limited front end for the power level they are at. Believe it or not, torsion bars kinda suck.
Wheel stands add ET, blow shocks out and bend up mounting points, knock alignments around like Mike Tyson on a white guy and look cool as hell. I get it, it's cool, they're fun, but a lot of people don't consider the downside to pounding the car like that.

One of the vendors I talk to that use to run a Hemi Barracuda. Said they had to run the small ball joint per class rules. Said it was stupid and a accident waiting to happen. They have a small fortune in those cars.

There is a guy in my area that runs a VERY fast super stock chev. He redid his rear suspension and put the four link up in the wheel wells so the car would sit lower and launch without doing big wheel stands. At the first race out another buddy of mine was at the starting line and was talking to another racer that ran the same class. After John Armstrong launched the guy looked at my buddy and said that it looked like John was on a bad pass until he saw his ET!! Shows that car DO NOT need to do wheel stands if they are sorted out properly. If you are on a marginal track a wheel stand will help with weight transfer to help your car hook.

And you are right! When was the last time that you saw a pro stock do a wheel stand?

You are talking 2 different animals here.
Pro Stock are chassis car and SS Hemi cars not.
Chassis cars are lower to the ground.

You are talking 2 different animals here.
Pro Stock are chassis car and SS Hemi cars not.
Chassis cars are lower to the ground.

There is no reasoning with some of these guys. They knock the wheelstands because there cars can't do them. Prostock are 300,000 dollar race cars that excellerate at such a high rate of speed a wheelstand would be a an accedent waiting to happen.

[ame]http://youtu.be/N6v55H0vriw[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/1HtN08OzO0s[/ame]

Believe me I like a wheel stand as much as anyone, but feel that it is not the best use of horsepower. It would be more efficient if the car went straight with the wheels on the ground using all the horsepower to lower your et. JMO

"They knock the wheelstands because there cars can't do them....."

I can't believe I just read that....

We did wheel stands all last year because they are cool and my sponsors were announced
every time the went up to the line.

If you give the track something to remember the car about it will be noticed.

If I was running a stock class or where the fastest car wins I would be after the fastest et every time.
Even racers who race in stock and Super Stock race other class's and have to dial in and run there numbers.

But running a dial in time I'm only worry if I can hit the numbers.
Last outing the package was.017,.018 and 021.
The best this car has done is 8.98,but we run it in the 9.7-.8 range so it can go pass after pass.

-
Back