What would you pay for this 1972 Duster 318/727?

-

limelight72

Reaction score
10352278_1420169741602701_9053056558188538798_n_zpse6786bf8.jpg

1976959_728047103902251_382833336_n_zps3b4b1b7b.jpg

1972 Duster 318/727 column shift. Disc brakes up front along with power brakes and power steering. Seats and carpet done. Have brand new vinyl headliner conversion to go on, new headman headers, headers include bolts/3 inch collectors and gaskets. The 318 has been rebuilt with a mild cam, edelbrock performer rpm intake, and chrome valve covers.
Has an aluminum 4 core radiator with braided lines to transmission. Aluminum driveshaft and 8 3/4 rear end with 3.55 gears. Body is straight and only rust is on the bottom quarter panel on drivers side. This car as a daily. All the lights, brights, blinkers work. Needs the speedo gear for tansmission and rear drums. Part is 46 bucks on ebay for speedometer. Dash is cracked but already has cover just needs glued down. Needs a horn button to be inspected.
The shift linkage will need to be adjusted a little but it's no problem to drive whatsoever. Has a aftermarket radio already molded into dash(needs 1 rear speaker and needs to be hooked up). Rear main seal leak(tiny one) The body needs sealed to prevent rust from happening again. All it needs to be inspected is the horn button.(Steering wheel is the 84 daytona style) Seats are bench and have no tears in them. Carpet is nice. Will need weatherstripping on trunk and a trunk mat. Fiberglass front bumper.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw"]1 million dollars - YouTube[/ame]

Seriously, around here, $3000

I wouldn't hesitate at 3k. I gave $2,200 for mine and it doesn't near have all the stuff done that that one does.

that is a very hard call-- since all we have is pics, this would definitely need a local inspection.

concerns --rear main leak-- no such thing as a tiny leak there. questionable rebuild comes to mind,
a lot of unfinished stuff,
what is the primer hiding?
what does the new interior pieces look like?

would have to really check the sheet metal/frame rails for rust.

price is anything 1800-4200 .

the good disk brakes/ 8 3/4.. 72 car bbp or sbp?? is it really a 727?

paint is not cheap ---- how much do you have to spend?

Lawrence

I wouldn't pay anything cause I don't want one.

theres a lot of "will need" on that list.

add a hood to the things needed since someone put he scoops in the wrong location.

i'd have to see it in person and look at the int for myself and under the hood. i'm thinking maybe 2k-2500 max. it may go up or down seeing it in person. then some dumb *** may pay 4-5k for it so ya just never know.

Here in California I see similar cars going for 4-8k. Depends on what the buyer is looking for. Rebuilt engine is a plus if it's been done right but realistically I'd pay no more than 3 myself. Needs allot of stuff done and time and money to make correct. ..like others mentioned the scoops are all wrong for that car.

Assuming a solid body & floorpan ( really don't care about the driveline) & the new parts are good, I can see 2k-2,500.

What would you pay for this 1972 Duster 318/727?

Not what they are asking for it, that's for sure.

With that said, I can kinda understand why people price them that way after the money invested and time.

I have many hours in my car and I would probably ask around 5K if I were to sell it, knowing it would not garner that much.

There seems to be a lot of "little" things. Why wouldn't he finish them before selling? Call me skeptical

And...if the guy doesn't know where the hood scoops go...what else is done half a$$d?

Depending on the part of Texas you're in, rust means it's not a local car (unless it's just surface rust). Go over lower parts of doors, fenders, and quarters with a magnet. I've seen too many times where primer is used to camouflage body filler.

$7k for the pictured Duster??? No way, Josè.

-
Back