Whats the deal with my 273 engine on eBay?

-

SlotCarWon

Reaction score
I have listed this engine before on this site and others, then I tried eBay with the engine prett much fully dressed with carb, air cleaner, exhaust manifolds, rocker shafts, etc - the only interest was for specific parts like the krinkle paint valve covers.
I sell the carb, air cleaner, valve train and exhaust manifolds locally.
So I list the left overs as an incomplete engine and the bidding flys past $500!!!! (Note: I've emailed the top two bidders to make sure they understand there are a lot of parts missing like the valve train. )

What is the deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=220287830778

I think casting date numbers and also it,s getting harder to find an original 65 Dart GT 4 Speed engine.You should get a good buck 4 it.Good Luck!:read2:

Everything on ebay goes that way. Depends on when the buyers arrive.
What brings only 20 this week might bring 60 next week.

timing,,i dont watch e bay for weeks or months at a time,, maybe 2 guys seen your add,,both had to have it kinda like barrett jackson,,

Everything on ebay goes that way. Depends on when the buyers arrive.
What brings only 20 this week might bring 60 next week.

Think that happened to me in reverse - bought a 273/235 from a 66 Formula S 4 speed Barracuda on ebay for a measley $150.00 - only 2 bidders. Had to drive like 200 miles to pick it up but that was no big deal. Other than the Commando valve covers and chrome air cleaner, it was a complete motor. After hot tanking the bore only needed a hone so the original high compression pistons could be used. The rods and mains were all standard so everything worked out great money-wise. It will be a perfect replacement for the 273-2 in my 65 Barracuda.

When you listed the engine on here I did not have the money to spend on it. Though now it is a different story so I'll be looking at your ebay add. It will be a good replacement for my 273 2brl.

What is the milage on the engine, if you know?

yes on ebay just depends on whose looking and how many are in need, so if the reserve is not met relist it a couple of months later, winter months are better for selling i find and summer better for buying!

-
Back