Whats the stupidest thing someone stole off your car ?

-
Had a set of Tire Flys (light-up valve caps) back when they were first getting popular, on my '93 Dakota... Parked in a slightly shady neighborhood to visit a friend, and 20 minutes later they were GONE..... Nothing else has been stolen, mainly because I drive shite-looking vehicles, and when you drive a shite-looking vehicle, thieves just keep walking..... I DID have a badass stereo almost jacked from my Pathfinder....

Came out and the door was open (dunno how, all the doors but that one was locked, all the windows locked, and the door handle on the outside driver's side didn't work), and my stereo was laying on the center console with the wires cut (including my nice expensive RCA's running to my competition sub in the back, which was untouched).... Lucky for me I always run a double-strip of plumber's tape (steel ribbon) from the deck to a hard-mounted point behind the dash. Only thing that saved the deck... But, the dumbasses didn't even bother with the $250.00 competition sub and $250.00 Clarion amp that was screwed to the box...... But then again, if thieves were smart, they'd be politicians. ;)

Gonna get a custom sticker made in the style of car alarm stickers, except saying:

THIS VEHICLE PROTECTED BY:
A platoon of pissed-off underpaid Infantrymen with varying levels of PTSD.
:evil4::evil4:

Also, the 14 razorblades story: I LOVE IT!!! I may end up having to steal this idea.... :prayer:

- CK

We used to get dumb *** kids coming around on Christmas and Easter break using a BB gun to shoot out everyone's car windows. It stopped once my neighbor figured out their schedule and waited outside with a Shotgun. He shot at the car twice in the radiator and blew it good as there was a trail down the block. Probably made them crap their pants. Never had the windows broken again.

someone took the Tiger tail off my gas cap at a car show this past summer while I was checking out other cars.
the razor blade thing, been doing that for years.
Did watch a kid taking antennas off of cars in a parking lot once, called the police. Turned out the kid was mentally disabled and was a regular.

When me and my wife first got married back in the 80s she was driving a 73 Pinto,one morning she came back into the house and told me that her car wouldnt start so I went out and popped the hood to find out that some jack a$$ stole her carb and chrome air cleaner. That was probably a blessing in disguise We got rid of it after that.

My dad has a '76 Dodge W100 that hasn't run in years and when I went to get it fired up (to use as a temporary truck until I fixed my old truck) I found someone had stolen the oil filter and 2 of the spark plug wires :wack:

Who steals a used oil filter? I could maybe understand a spark plug wire or two, but an oil filter...

Had someone steel my boat fuel tank full of gas, walk across the street, filled up the car across the street and stole it,lol. never got the gas tank back. Never realised it for a week or that his car was stolen, we put two and two together, both had a good laugh.

They once busted the dash in my uncle's Charger to steal a BROKEN RADIO....

He didn't care about the broken radio, but that they f'ed up his dash...

My girlfriend had her car broken into. Thieves only took her CD's and a bag of salt water taffy..

I had a 96 F150, took the truck in to have the tires changed. Got home with new tires and realized one of the employees stole my chrome valve caps and replaced them with regular black ones.

When my car was in the shop someone stole the "I'd rather be Sailing" tag cover off my rear tags and put the tag back on. Cover was actually broken too.

Here's one for us A-body folks.
Last summer, a couple of buddies were going to the Pure Stock drags.
One goes and picks up his Duster and leaves it at the other's house, on a flat trailer, in the back of the driveway, and puts a cover on it. Next day his "Plymouth" front license plate is gone... One of those novelty tags...
We figured it was a joke and would show up. Nope.

Another time, I come home from work and notice a nice early VW GTi without a gas cap my next door neighbor's friend just got, I even mentioned "nice ride" to the guy...
Next morning my wife's GTi is missing the gas cap.
Don't see the other GTi for days, and had bought another cap when Asshole shows up, with cap on his car. Confront him face to face, and he say no, wasn't me. I tell him there was a very particular rust spot inside cap, and walk over and take his off. Guess what? Her cap.
I told him in no uncertain terms I'd be happy to take one of his fingers if he ever f#cked with it again...

I once heard of someone stealing a chevy...that doesn't make any since.

On a serious note though someone stole a lug nut off my truck wheel, and no it didnt fall off becuase this was the day after I put my snow tires on it so I knew they were tight.

-
Back