What's your favorite Mopar magazine?

What's the best Mopar magazine out there?

• Mopar Action

Votes: 83 30.4%
  • Mopar Collectors Guide

Votes: 46 16.8%
  • Mopar Enthusiast

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Mopar Muscle

Votes: 137 50.2%
  • High Performance Mopar

Votes: 10 3.7%

• Total voters
-

Brad54

Reaction score
From a writer's perspective, I'm curious how you guys rank the Mopar magazines.

This info would probably be interesting to a lot of guys in the industry as well.

I'll keep it simple: If you could only buy one, which would it be?

Thanks,
-Brad

Mopar Action hands down.
E-Booger knows his stuff, i wouldn't trust anyone else's tech articles,the rest are disappointing to say the least (but good reading and pics).
I still buy 'em all though.

Mopar Action hands down.
E-Booger knows his stuff, i wouldn't trust anyone else's tech articles,the rest are disappointing to say the least (but good reading and pics).
I still buy 'em all though.

x2:cheers:

I don't buy any of them but, high performance Mopar was the best..do they still print it,as far as any of those writers knowing anything..they'll write and say what ever sell magazines...

Personally, I like MA. I keep referring back to the tech articles even those printed years ago. I like the "feel" of the magazine, too, in that a lot of the articles are written with a slanted sense of humor. Recently, though, and I've taken this up with Gromer through a few emails, is the idea that while the tech articles usually are written for a "low buck" mod, a lot of the feature cars are high dollar cars and not the garage builds a lot of us on here do ourselves.

i like mopar action, but i also enjoy the collectors guide. i dont buy them, i just get hand me downs from my friend as he has subscriptions to most of em on the poll.

I read this site & cancelled my subscriptions-- the feature cars were nothing I could realisticly buy or make --Lawrence

i don't subscribe to any of them any more but i do like :

i like Bolig in mopar muscle

i like verna and wagner in mopar enthusiast

can't stand reading ehrenberg in mopar action.

can't stand wolf in collectors guide.

in my opinion collectors guide and action jumped the shark years ago. both magazines are un readable to me any more.

Mopar Action is my favorite. Good tech & how to articles.
A close second & rising is Mopar Muscle.
their tech & how to articles are getting better.
Has there ever been an issue that didn't have a Hemi car in it?
I would like to see more Mopar race car how to articles.
I don't think I'm going to renew the Mopar collectors guide, I can only take so much sales pitch & coverage from the Playboy mansion, They might try filling their pages with more restored cars & less sales pitch. I do however, like how the article continues to the next page.

I got a chance to meet Rick Eherenberg at Island Dragway last Friday night. He seems like a good guy. I also got a friendly heads up race with the Green Brick. A close race but I won!

i don't subscribe to any of them any more but i do like :

can't stand reading ehrenberg in mopar action.

in my opinion collectors guide and action jumped the shark years ago. both magazines are un readable to me any more.
Boo Hoo, So he does not care for the RMS suspension , LOL !

I buy Mopar Muscle off of the news stand every so often. I can't seem to find Mopar action most of the time. I would like to see any magazine do articles on real world cars like mine that are on tight budgets! Not on these Foose dream machines in California. Real cars by real men.

I like MM the best. MA is to into the high end and resto stuff for me. I don't get any of them now though as I find the web to be the over all best place for info and you don't have to have a bunch of advertisments ramed down your throat.

Had a subscription to the Collectors Guide, but I let it run out. The adds
were great when there was no internet. Just to many high dollar cars for me.
I still get Mopar Muscle. Good tech articles.
But I also get Hot Rod and Camaro Crap/ Car Craft. Just to see whats going
on elsewere.
There has been alot of Mopars in Hot Rod lately.

Boo Hoo, So he does not care for the RMS suspension , LOL !

i don't care if he or anyone else likes rms products or not . in my opinion he has been un-readable for a while now. he was good 15 years ago. like i said jumped the shark man.

I don't buy any of them but, high performance Mopar was the best..do they still print it,as far as any of those writers knowing anything..they'll write and say what ever sell magazines...

This WAS my fav as the tech was indepth and made my head spin,lol! They are gone now..

I really dont buy any mags these days.Most mags have WAAAAAY to much fluff and not enough tech. This is the reason I quit buying mopar muscle mag as a while back they did a major facelift for the worse. It has a lot more ads now. Another negative for me. I realize that is how mags make most of thier money,but there also is a tolerance level and they hit mine.

Mopar action has a gem in ebooger but they cant have hime write every issue..most of thier mags suck but I buy the occasional one.Same for mopar muscle. Neither are good enough to warrant subscriptions or regular purchase.

I actually like tech that needs several issues for the story to be told.It makes me feel like Im getting my moneys worth.And tech thats well thought out with pics that are easy to see/relate to.

Some mag stuff makes me shake my head.

Personally, I like MA. I keep referring back to the tech articles even those printed years ago. I like the "feel" of the magazine, too, in that a lot of the articles are written with a slanted sense of humor. Recently, though, and I've taken this up with Gromer through a few emails, is the idea that while the tech articles usually are written for a "low buck" mod, a lot of the feature cars are high dollar cars and not the garage builds a lot of us on here do ourselves.

im with my uncle. i also have to say mopar collectors guide is a good way to look for parts and cars that you might not find here.

Mopar Action has always been my favourite . I've been reading it for 21 years now (!!) , ever since I saw a copy of their Octobre 1989 issue at the local liquor store .

Mopar Collectors' Guide has some cool feature cars in it ; but , the whole advertising deal is relatively outdated . Their "Enviromasochism" articles -- for the last 18 years ! -- are interesting .

Mopar Muscle is hit-or-miss .

Hi-Performance Mopar ? How long has that been out-of-print ?? They were mediocre at best .

Who remembers "Mopar Performance" ( I've forgotten their later name , their post threat-of-a-lawsuit-from-Chrysler name ) , and "Chrysler Power" ( didn't that guy end up moving to Mount Rushmore or something , now writing tech articles on vacuum tubes or something ? ) .

As far as the cars featured in their magazines is concerned :
They can only write about featured cars which actually 'exist' . They can't make up articles on actual cars if they don't exist ! ( lol ).

Yes , the whole Foose-built or even Foose-inspired cars are becoming a big "yawn factor" ( Foose is a nice enough guy , and I can totally appreciate his works from an artistic , creative point-of-view . From a business point-of-view : hey , the guys gets paid by people whom want his style done to their cars . Can't blame the guy for wanting to survive ! ).

The cars that bother me -- and this is my OPINION -- are the classic/muscle/vintage ones with those freakin' circus wheels and rubber band tyres !!
BARF !
Shaving door handles , trim , fuel caps , etc. , doesn't look good on older , 60's & 70's vintage muscle cars !
Save that stuff for 50's "Rat Rods" and Kustoms ( which I like , too , by the way ).

But , I divulge ...
Mopar Action is my #1 choice .

Currently, Mopar Action is a better read, IMO. Good tech articles and I get a lot of great ideas from them and like him or not, E-booger is very knowledgeable on most all things Mopar.
However, they are all Hit or Miss, to me. I have been buying Mopar mags for over half of my life. And still have, and refer back to most of them.

The current state of all car mags is disapointing. The're all biased towards the advertisers as I am sure that subscription sales have plummeted due to the Vast amount of info on the Internet.

There are just too many great sites like our own FABO to compete with.

They all have thier moments, but for me, Mopar Action Is the best currently available. Mopar Muscle is a close second followed by Mopar collectors guide.

I voted for MCG because these guys come up to Moparfest, and also promote it in their mag. The others don't. I like the old issues of H.P.M. and I buy all the other three. I also like Muscle car review.Oops, I've never read Mopar Enthusiast.Oops, yes I have. I got the first two or three issues, but haven't seen it on the stand lately.It was off to a good start.

Used to love Mopar Action. Ehrenberg's tech is still good, but the rest of the magazine blows now. I've started referring to it as Hemi E-body magazine because that's pretty much all they cover now.

I've emailed Ehrenberg and Cliff Gromer (the editor) asking for a dyno comparison of all of the latest Mopar small block cam grinds out there, Lunati Voodoo, Hughes, Comp, etc. It so far has fallen on deaf ears.

Wouldn't venture to say which is the best but i do subscribe to MCG and MM. I reup my subscription to MCG every year at Monster Mopar Weekend in St Louis. I have to go to reup. I like the classified sections in MCG. How else can you keep up on current pricing trends? Occasionally i will pick up a copy of Mopar Action at the grocery store and i find that MM and MA have some of the same cars and articles.
Small Block

Really no favorites, Just so happy to see them all on the shelf's :read2:

LH23h2R I forgot about the Chrysler power mag! It was kinda kool for sure but just disappeared. I still have quite a few copies and find myself going back to them all the time. Before they changed Mopar muscle they used to have decent tech articles all the time so I have lot of older mags.

Anyone wanna sell thier older mopar actions,lol? I dont have many of them so kinda interested in getting some older mags to read.

Does anyone remember chrysler car enthusiast? I have a few of those as well.I also have a mag they printed called chrysler engines volume one.It's loded with GREAT tech and is a mag I will never give up.I have no clue of they ever made more than one tech special but if anyone has vol two etc let me know please!

Im a sucker for tech compilation mags and will buy one almost every time I see it.
I also like photo specials. Hot rod did one that was a photo special of all the muscle cars.

I have bought a few mopar enthusiast mags and very much enjoyed them. Cant seem to find them anywhere now.

-
Back