What's your least favorite "A" body and...

-

Frankie

Member #9641
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what are your least favorite MoPar "A" bodies, and your least favorite MoPar over all. It's not a contest, or a bitchfest, just an opinion, and nothing said here makes the comment that your car, or your favorite car isn't a fine example of automotive history (so keep the slamming and the flaming to yourselves).

I'll go first:

1. Least favorite MoPar "A" body:
This is a tough question, and, I'm not even sure if it was an "A" body, but I think it would have to be the early 60's Lancer. It's very European (of the period), but try as I might, I just can't seem to warm up to them, although, I wouldn't mind owning one. I like the station wagon version, though. :yawinkle:

2. Least favorite MoPar body or platform style:
Most of the front wheel drive cars, except for the first generation Neon. For some reason I like them, though I have no idea why.

My least favorite A bodies would be anything 1973 and up that's a "beak" car. Not to insult anyone who owns one, but that's my personal preference. I don't like them. I know there are some NICE ones right here on this site...and they are nicely done.....but I just caint help it. They never appealed to me.

My least favorite Mopar.....since AMC has been brought into the Mopar fold, I will include here what I think is the all time FUGLIEST car ever made. The AMC Matador. Absolutely positively disgustingly hideous. What year you ask? Doesn't matter. Pick one. Dammit...now I gotta go vomit from just thinkin about it.

...and far as the front wheel drive stuff.......especially from the late 70s and through the 80s....I THANK GOD for them. They saved Chrysler's BUTT.

I love a-bodies but would never own a a 62 Lancer

Superbird, Yuk! Roadrunners were crappy cars then they made them ugly, they should of crushed them and kept the Chrysler Turbine.

Ok, so I am weird

Any year duster.I would buy a chevy before I would have a duster. Mark

The 66 and earlier Dart

The body just doesn't work for me unless it is a period correct race car built with altered wheel base.

ok if i had to chose all every car made in 1966 abody yuk what the hell was they thinking
they got it right in 65 messed it up in 66 and got better in 67

Any year duster.I would buy a chevy before I would have a duster. Mark

Ditto. The body lines just don't do it for me... but every so often I see a black one with chrome Torque Thrusts and I CONSIDER changing my opinion... :snakeman:

Most cuda notchbacks seem unproportional to me, too... I know--I'm a piss poor Mopar guy.. :butthead:

Least favorite Mopar platform..? .. The Chrysler K cars.. *shudder* And they made them until 1995! GM had some sleek and streamline cars from 1993+ already! Chrysler was stuck on that boxy, ugly crap.

...although the K car is Red Green's favorite car to make things out of .. haha.

93_dodge-aries-1981.jpg

i323985.jpg

I never thought I'd ever see hate for the '62 Lancer. What a beautiful little car.

Attachments

• LANCER1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 411
  • LANCER2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 415
  • LANCER3.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 450
any four door, always my least favorite in any body style or year
K-cars! YUK! BLEIGH! PUKE! I have seen hyundai's that I liked better!

P.S. LANCERS ROCK! great looking cars and I WANT ONE!

I never liked the grille on the 66 Dart, nor the idea of marrying a Dart and a Duster and making a Scamp (although I like the looks of them), and I'm not too partial for the 74 and up Darts, but that Lancer has them all beat. Nothing about that car turns my crank!!

Worst Mopar overall??? Have to be that Lancer!!!

By the way, anybody hating on K-cars never saw my buddy Jim's Aries-K custom. Just something about that solid gold dash treatment changed my mind about the K's forever. Sadly it's gone to the chrusher, but that dash will live in infamy!!!LOL!!! Geof

I want to yell at everyone that hates the 1973 up darts but thats ok...... evreyone has there own preference. I never associate hate with Ma MOPARS love evreyone of them

I want to yell at everyone that hates the 1973 up darts but thats ok...... evreyone has there own preference. I never associate hate with Ma MOPARS love evreyone of them

This thread isn't about "hating" anything. I merely asked which of the "A" bodies was your LEAST FAVORITE, and your LEAST FAVORITE MoPar. That doesn't intimate that you don't like a particular car, you simply like other MoPars, better.

very well said

This thread isn't about "hating" anything. I merely asked which of the "A" bodies was your LEAST FAVORITE, and your LEAST FAVORITE MoPar. That doesn't intimate that you don't like a particular car, you simply like other MoPars, better.

yup I know just saying what I say :tongue9:

My least favorite A body mopar is one that I see rusting in a junk yard or someones backyard.

And well the K car was well what can u say except can I have of what they were smoking LOL

All kidding aside All Mopars are nice in the own way. Some I like more some I like just a little less, but really enjoy looking at any old cars. Regardless of what make and model they r, becouse someone put the wrench time and the love into that vehicle.

Rick

I love a-bodies but would never own a a 62 Lancer

Superbird, Yuk! Roadrunners were crappy cars then they made them ugly, they should of crushed them and kept the Chrysler Turbine.

Ok, so I am weird

so you would own a 61 lancer.....

My least favorite A bodies would be anything 1973 and up that's a "beak" car.

Worst A-body: I agree the '73+ "beak" messed up the clean look, but the protruding bumper which started then added to the "face issues" (federal reg.s required shock bumpers). 73+ have superior technology, just not as attractive. The 66 is almost a tie, with its square front on a still-round body.

My least favorite Mopar.....The AMC Matador.
My parent's had a '71 Matador station wagon. Nice, clean-look that would still turn heads today. Flush door handles, slightly square but not overly sharp. Unfortunately, they sold it cheap to my sister. When she couldn't get a rear door handle replaced, she traded it towards an ugly GM wagon that sucked her money.

Worst Mopar: The early 80's K-cars. All cars were bad then and better than most, but my 82 Aries still drove me nuts. Carb-kludged vacuum mess w/ poor documentation, air pumps, erratic electrical connectors, crazing paint, square body when square wasn't cool anymore.

never been a fan of the beak cars or the early valiant..... not to say I wouldn't own one if it was givin to me but I bought my 71 swinger for a reason. Also not a fan of dusters, I think it's the rear overhang that turns me off and the big front bumper on all years.
I however would rather have one over any chevy period. Don't really like the 66-67 chargers as well or the 65-66 barracudas.... but I would own one.

-
Back