Whatt to do?

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
I just picked up a numbers matching numbers 1969 Dart GTS with a 340/4sp. The car has 55K originals miles and is a true survivor. F7 with black vinyl roof and interior with the black bumble bee stripe. It looks beautiful. But I have a 950hp 571ci BBC just sitting in my garage I want to swap out because the 340 is so wimpy. Do you guys/gals think that is a good idea?

I just picked up a numbers matching numbers 1969 Dart GTS with a 340/4sp. The car has 55K originals miles and is a true survivor. F7 with black vinyl roof and interior with the black bumble bee stripe. It looks beautiful. But I have a 950hp 571ci BBC just sitting in my garage I want to swap out because the 340 is so wimpy. Do you guys/gals think that is a good idea?
Horrible Idea. putting a chevy engine into any mopar is just bad voodoo. Especially a numbers matching 69 DART GTS with a 340 AND a 4 speed. that car is among the most desirable A BODIES. you'd be better suited selling it and buying something else to put that chevy in.

Normally I'm all for custom builds, but this is one time where I highly reccomend leaving the original drive train in. If it was a slant 6/auto car, that'd be different.

He's playing with you to get a rise out of ya. He knows he will destroy the value of that car or he would not have said numbers matching and wimpy 340.

You're joking, right?

Leave the numbers matching Dart alone and go find a/6 car if you want to put your BBC in something.
It's only original once.

I have a 69 Z28 with the original 302 in it, all "numbers matching" of course. It just so happens that I have a Poly 318 laying around and I'm thinking of swapping engines. What do you think?

The best thing we can do is not respond to this thread. The op just wanted to stir the pot. If we don't respond this thread will be lost back on page 5 real soon. I'm done!

The best thing we can do is not respond to this thread. The op just wanted to stir the pot. If we don't respond this thread will be lost back on page 5 real soon. I'm done!
Lock it and ban the troll

Sell the car as it is.

Use the money to buy 50 (or more?) Camaros.

Use your engine in one of them, then scrap the other 49 for gas money.

hell yeah - a couple motor mounts and a cross member... wire it and fire it. Personally I'd make it a convertible too.. 20min. with a sawzall...

My LS3 powered original 66 hemi belvedere will smoke that piece of **** no matter what you stick in it

Last edited:
I have a 69 Z28 with the original 302 in it, all "numbers matching" of course. It just so happens that I have a Poly 318 laying around and I'm thinking of swapping engines. What do you think?
I'd at least get a stroker kit for that poly 318. ;)

Sure, go ahead, just make sure to wrap that mill w/a ballistic diaper & cover so that when it explodes into more pieces than you'll have time to pick up, you can restore the
car to original w/o all the bodywork...........:D

Hook line and sinker. Sure guy.

-
Back