Wheel color change led to discovery of tire wear problem

-

57dodged100

Reaction score
I installed new wheels tonight on my /6 '72 Scamp- changed from black to body color. See below for current and past wheel looks. I'm still not sure what I like best.

I'm glad I did this because I realized how close I was to blowing out a front tire. Both were bald on the inside tread. I think this means chamber is out of alignment. Correct?

q958e_BgKaAOe28inPHRNhYvxzCWBazun-hm9u1YTVg=w480-h640-no

The manual says

"Excessive wheel camber, either positive or negative causes the tire to run at an angle to the road. One side of the tread wears more than the other. For best corrective results, have the front wheel camber adjusted to specifications." But I don't see those specs in the manual?

Where do I find the specs?

I don't think it matters but I was running 205/75/14 in back and 185/70/14 in front. Now I'm running 205/75/14 on all 4.

BDPK_H9ssow-ID9Gn6UIuVwIBZdngc2PT3AFAfW04Ow=w640-h480-no

Previously was...
iGhMr_95r5A7n_IxAJWNK11BYBU_pe82HhnEZONKwis=w860-h645-no

and before that it was...
hZkSy3NmapHseHDzeG7ubhUNCPMkfIQ16AEVo6DKhh4=w860-h645-no

Is the front end in good shape?

Attachments

• alignment specs.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 259
Is the front end in good shape?

I think the front end is in good shape. I swapped drum to disk brakes last year and didn't notice anything out of shape. But perhaps I need to take a much closer look. Does anyong have suggestions what to look for?

Thanks for that chart.

Time for an alignment if all parts are good! Excessive camber and a bad toe setting will chew up front tires fast!

Can't help ya with the tire wear but definitely go with the black wheels with trim rings!!

I think the front end is in good shape. I swapped drum to disk brakes last year and didn't notice anything out of shape. But perhaps I need to take a much closer look. Does anyong have suggestions what to look for?

Thanks for that chart.

You swapped to disc brakes and didn't get the front end aligned? The first place to start!

wow,how do they get that bad and you dont notice?wasnt it driving kinda queer?

-
Back