Wheel vintiques sucks! So does Cragar

-
wow!! i'm glad i'm just a poor Mo boy, need different wheels, I go to the country yard, $8 ea, but all I need to do I replace those 13's with 14 SBP!!!! $150- $400 a rim, i'd have to take out bank loan!

you are pulling 15" small bolt wheels from the junk yard for $8 each? let me know where this is. i'll buy a few sets of those.. :)

I haven't been through the aftermarket wheel system yet. My car had two ralleys on the front and two aluminum slots on the back when I bought it. I scrounged up two more ralleys at Carlisle, and I am going to repaint them. I would like to find two small bolt slots and have two sets of wheels though. A Mopar acquaintance told me "don't throw anything Mopar away, even if you think it is junk". Good advice? I don't know. To the OP, it sounds like if you wait, eventually you will get your wheels. You can get into a call them once a week and ***** routine, and that may motivate them, then again, it might not. There are a lot of middlemen in the business, and the guy you are bitching at may not necessarily be the guy who is actually making the wheels.

Team III! He'll make you 4" BC wheels in the designs that can fit it. Almost any offset and width you want too. They are great quality. http://www.team3wheels.com/production_wheels.html I had these custom made a couple years ago:
071511_07.JPG

071511_06-1.JPG

And those wheels come shiny too!

http://www.team3wheels.com/classic_v.html

Attachments

• cv_polish_158.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 200
I must've gotten lucky as well. I ordered a set of custom BS steel wheels from Wheel Vintiques and they were done very quickly. Hardly any runout and great price too!! I'd go back to them in a heartbeat. I'd stay away from Stockton wheel (Do a google search on them).

I purchased custom offset steel wheels directly from Stockton & they made them in a few days with no issues. Point to this is do your research before you buy & you'll have much less frustration. Buying through a 3rd party even if it is Summit can have issues. You probably know this but converting to BBP would open your options a thousand fold.

i got a pair of WV sbp 15" rallye's from summit for drag radials. came in in about a week, brought them to my tire guy and right out of the box the wheel wobbles on the balance machine. yes we check the wheels before mounting tires. called summit, they shipped a new one out, i put the bent one in the same box and applied the enclosed shipping label and problem solved. you would THINK WV would CHECK the product BEFORE shipping it out !

Not throw gas on the fire, but some of you guys need to understand business! How much of call do these companies get for wheels that have bolt pattern that was used almost 50 years ago? Anything that is custom made today takes allot of time , if they are making money off production run items that sell that is what they are going to do first every time and your special gets pushed to the bottom of the pile.
Switch to 4.5 bolt pattern and you can have wheels tomorrow.

speaking of sucking centerline sure does , had custom wheels made for my street rod , they forgot to undercut the area for the valve stem , wtf how does this make it through quality control . wanted me to send them back so they can finish there mistake , and make me pay for return shipping ,gfy . good thing i have a machine shop . what about the average guy how dosent . imo dont buy there stuff either. ed dartman 440

I bought a set of wheels direct from Centerline several years ago. They sat in the boxes in my garage for awhile until the tires I wanted went on sale. Took the wheels to the tire shop to get everything mounted up and discovered one of the wheels was lacking a valve stem hole!
Luckily, the Centerline factory is just a few miles away. They took care of it immediately and apologized profusely.
I just wrote it off as a funny story.

Custom made 15" small bolt circle rallys by Stockton wheel.

Originally made for HemiDenny's first (green) Hemi Duster they are now on Hooshpuppy's
recently completed 383 4-speed Duster. 15x5 front with 205/70-15 tires and 15x7 rear with
275/60-15 tires. Shown with trim rings on Denny's car and without on Dan's; the wheels
were powder coated in the factory finish.

DennysGreen472_zpsu3d88s8b.jpg

DHD4_zpsvrjyqm92.jpg

The 15x5's are a particularly nice fit on this body style.

DennysLast2013011_zpsacxdsgsm.jpg

Check out Coys wheels, just bought a front set for my wife's dart and soon to get the rears, look like the torque thrust d and cheaper, made in Utah.

Check out Coys wheels, just bought a front set for my wife's dart and soon to get the rears, look like the torque thrust d and cheaper, made in Utah.

coys are made in utah? maybe sold in utah but i'm pretty damn sure then are made in china like most.

Custom wheels take time, plain and simple. I've purchased from Stockton(many years ago) and Wheels Vintique, and every time they were custom and took weeks to get. 4-6 weeks is standard for both companies. if you look at WV website, they don't even list the SBP anymore, so maybe it was an extra special run, which is taking more time.
These are production lines, with runs scheduled weeks out for the vast options of wheels they produce. One hiccup anywhere in the process, can delay many other orders behind it.

A follow-up: The two steel wheels with custom backspace I ordered from Wheel Vintiques finally showed up today - 6+ weeks after ordering (and 2 weeks after the promised ship date).

-
Back