Where can I find

-

amzchad

Reaction score
A front end rebuild kit for my car. I would like poly bushings. My car has a front and rear sway bar 8 3/4

where did you get yours?
do you have a link?
are you happy with it?
how much?

Thanks

Chad

I used the PST kit with the rubber LCA bushings like the originals.
I think the rest was poly though.

I have not had any issues with any of it yet, but I used big ol torsion bars for a stiffer ride, and welded on the LCA stiffening or "box" plates from Mancini racing to keep the LCA's nice and tight.

All in all, the kit was easy to install, but there were a few tricks I learned from a Mopar action tech article from years back where they rebuilt a duster front end which helped immensely.

I also installed the master power brake manual front disk kit which left me with some extra ball joints and upper control arm bushings from the PST kit.

Pst. I personally havent used them but they have a link on the side of this page advertising all the time.

Another vote for PST and polygraphite! Great quality, reasonable prices and good customer service. It's been a few years so I don't recall offhand exactly how much it all cost, but I'm thinking it was about $300.00 for everything, including front/rear sway bars. Installation wasn't difficult and the instructions were clear and concise. I have a few leftover bushings too.

I used Energy Suspension Poly,complete front suspension 2 yrs ago,drives and handles great.Did mine with the black one's,other color's available.Good Luck

I just ordered a rebuild kit and sway bars from Just Suspensions. Good customer service and quick shipment.

PST is good. Also try http://www.performancesuspension.com/

I am actually in the process of rebuilding the front end on my '68 Cuda right now. Here's what I did:

-Got tubular upper A-Arms, adjustable strut rods, and a factory 11" iron
disc brake kit with new 73 big ball joint spindles all from Bill at Reilly Motorsports.

-Ordered lower ball joints for the 73 spindles, rubber lower control arm bushings, a new pitman arm and idler arm all from RockAuto.com. They are all Moog parts. Rockauto had these parts the cheapest...

-I got 1'' torsion bars from Just Suspension off Ebay.

-Ordered a Hellwig 1 1/8" front sway bar from summit.

- Got a set of Firm feel 11/16" heavy duty tie rods, with adjusting sleeves. (this wasn't necessary, just use C-body tie rods, they have the 11/16", It'll save you a hundred bucks, believe me)

-Reinforce the lower control arms. get the plates from Mancini Racing. 22 bucks i think...

Of course, you don't have to get all crazy like I did...It will probably be easier, and cheaper to get a complete kit from PST, or Performance Suspension Components....I was just giving you an example of what I did...

pst seems to be the way to go

but now that i think of it i may wait till i get the 73 and up disc brake kit

For those of you who have used the p-s-t kit, did you order with the rubber bushings or the polygraphite bushings?
Which are easier to replace in the control arms?
Did those who used the polygraphite notice any squeaks or other annoying features?

I ordered the PolyGraphite stuff and love it. It's been in my Cuda for a long time now, but mileage on the car isn't great. But, the last 15 years have been quite on the graphite parts.

They are very hard to install and may require a PRO's help unless you have a press at home. Both my guys that did the bushing said they were tuff stuff. But there in and workin fine.

For those of you who have used the p-s-t kit, did you order with the rubber bushings or the polygraphite bushings?
Which are easier to replace in the control arms?
Did those who used the polygraphite notice any squeaks or other annoying features?

I did the whole poly kit and it squeaked/creaked to no end. Ended up switching everything back to rubber.

I have used one PST and 2 Justsuspenion kits I vote just with Tublar upper arms

in my 75 dart that now i am selling, lol

used all PST and energy suspension poly everywere, was awesome, front and rear leafs,

addco and hellwig rear/front sway, KYB shocks,

onlt thing i didnt do was weld/ stiffin LCA, that was 9 yrs ago, so didnt know if they had part out, you can always fab it for the LCA as well,

huge difference

also , get a PS Box, from steern gear or firm feel, or have yours rebuilt as well

and no squeaks!! from energy or PST must use lube they give!! follow there directions, or youtube if not sure,

also like others said, i had access to a 12 ton press, and a have torches,

you will need them at the minumum, depending how bad /rusty stuff is.

not a fan of polybushings, went to Napa and got all Moog and Dana Spicer parts....last poly kit i bought ball joints wore out quickly....

maybe you did something wrong or didnt do.

if ball joints , new ones wore out quickly, then must be other problems in susp

i replaced whole front end, including PS box,

-
Back