where to get a replacement 2bbl

-

DartConvertible

Reaction score
hey, I need to get a replacement carb for my 318, and I want to stay with the 2bbl, keeping it stock. Any recommendations for new/rebuilt/rebuild kits and suppliers would be a great help.

thanks

Peter

I have my old one from my 73 Dart Custom. Make me an offer. It needs a good rebuild. Then there's shipping.

Have the one you have rebuilt by some old guy who understands carbs. The rebuilt carbs you buy from ANY auto parts store isn't worth the box they ship it in.

so, do you know anyone who rebuilds them? I had THIS one rebuilt by a guy in Santa Rosa, who was supposed to knowledgeable but the thing dumps gas out of the top tube all the time, smokes and has other problems. This isn't the original, but a later replacement of the same type.

so, do you know anyone who rebuilds them? I had THIS one rebuilt by a guy in Santa Rosa, who was supposed to knowledgeable but the thing dumps gas out of the top tube all the time, smokes and has other problems. This isn't the original, but a later replacement of the same type.

A lot of Jeeps came with these carbs also, I have seen several sites linked to jeep forums that rebuild them. Hope that helps.

Scott

Peter I have a stock 318 2 barrel, think it is either a 68 or 70. Still need one?
It is clean and nice.
Tom

Peter I have a stock 318 2 barrel, think it is either a 68 or 70. Still need one?
It is clean and nice.
Tom

hey, how much do you want for it? I found a place through a guy who is a friend of a friend, the guy being a machinist who has rebuilt engines for 50 years, and I'm taking it down on, yikes, tomorrow. I'm interested, being rural it helps to have spares.

Peter

I had a couple of 2bbls but the went in to the trash long ago..people really want them, gee

I believe it you look under Carter on Ebay motors you might even find a NOS once in a while.

-
Back