Where to get heater to vent air ducts?

-

lee01

Reaction score
My 71 Duster is missing quite a few things, and one thing I notice is that its missing all the ducts that goes from the heater box to the dash vent.
Its a non AC system and I was wondering where could I get new ducts or any information regarding this?
I didn't took the car apart so i don't know how its routed through the dash.

A diagram would be nice, anyone as a link to one?

Some auto parts stores do too.
They had it in stock.

Its a great place, but 75$ dollar in shipping charge to Canada is pretty expensive for 8 foots of tubbing.

Its a great place, but 75$ dollar in shipping charge to Canada is pretty expensive for 8 foots of tubbing.

I agree and sorry their shipping charges are so ridiculous :wack:

Maybe there is a member just south of the border near you that will take delivery and ship to you? Just thinking out loud here........

I know there is a thread somewhere that said NAPA stores handle or can get generic defroster tubing by the foot.

We use 3" rubber hose at work for air lines, it looks a lot like heater duct hose. I was going to use it on my car when I got to that point. Its a lot cheaper than $75.00 for eight feet. Its rubber and has a metal wire coiled though it. I'll have to get a picture and post it. Maybe it will work and we all can save some $$. The only down fall I could see is its a little stiff.

I think I bought mine by the foot from Car Quest but most auto parts stores should have it available. Measure all the inlet/outlet tubes. Ma Mopar usually throws one in with a larger diameter. Get one hose in the bigger size and cinch the other end tight with a tie strap or hose clamp. tmm

Any GOOD parts store sells defroster/ heater ducting. Even the local dam poor NAPA here stocks it.

O'really has it but their stupid webpage evidently can't find it generically.

Why not contact Nostalgic Air and inquire about the shipping rate to Canada? That just doesn't sound right. IMO, their hose and adapter work/fit better than parts store stuff I've seen.

I bought mine from O'Reilly, they had them in stock. Cost me around $15.00.

-
Back