Where To Get High Octane Gas...

-
I have always 1 bottle of rubbing alcohol per 15 gallons gas. I use the 70%alcohol, 30% water mix. The Alcohol richens the gas and the small amount of water just creates a little steam to add combustion. I know this sounds nutty, but I promise It works.

Theres a place right here in Gilroy, Ca. It's the VP racing gas station on the corner of leavesly rd and monterey st. i think it's 6 bucks or so a gallon for 100 octane..

Does anyone know the research octane and motor octane numbers for aviation gas that is called 100 LL (low lead?)

I have access to that, but am curious about what kind of pump octane numbers it would be rated at (R + M divided by 2).

Also, what color is this 100LL????

Thanks for any information...:read2:

PS What's an "FBO"????

There are probably 100 Rebel stations here in Vegas that have 100 octane pump gas... there are 2 within 5 minutes of my house!
Am I going to notice any difference with the 100 in my 225 - 6? :lol:

Unless you're running a high compression engine that pings on the 89 to 91 octane gas you usually find in the gas stations, you won't notice a difference, you're throwing good money away.

My Dad has been running avgas in his sand car. Picks it up at one of the airports around town. Been working well in his 700HP LS-7.

100 LL gas is some where around 114 to 118 demending on how old it is and how long it has been in storage at the airport also the read vapor pressure is way off for cars and is very dry, it is ment for high alltude. that being said here is how some of the race gas is made 9gal. of 100LL and 1 gal of high grade tolulene from the paint store it make it so it is great 10.5 and up t0 about 12.5 engines the lead content is about twice what it was when the quite selling lead fuel for cars they call LL or low lead because it is has less lead the the old loo oct. aircraft fuel I run this inmy demon T 50/50 mix with 982 un leaded on the street and 75/25 mix at the track hope this helps

Unless you're running a high compression engine that pings on the 89 to 91 octane gas you usually find in the gas stations, you won't notice a difference, you're throwing good money away.

I'm running a Vortech superchaged 360 Magnum with a true 9:1 compression ratio. Boost is 10 pounds....

Detonation is not an option (cast pistons, cast crank and OEM composition head gaskets.)

I don't think I'm throwing my money away on Av Gas....:salute:

anyone know where there is race fuel in levittown pa 19054 ir vacinity?

Barracuda441-vi.jpg

Kinda hard to read, but Cam 2 is $7.49 for the 100... $7.99 for the 110. This station is located on Hempstead Ave. in Malvern just off the Southern State Pkwy. Exit #16 IIRC.

Glad my engine is only 10:1 :drunken:

OMG! I remember that place!
I'm from Elmont. I lived on Franklin Ave. small world.:-D

Last summer they were selling BP110 leaded here in detroit for under 5 bucks a gallon.:cheers: Let's hope they keep up the good work.

I buy 100 octane unleaded at the pump in Van Alstyne, Tx (north texas between Dallas and Oklahoma). Was around $5/gal last time I bought some.

What about the SoCal area? Anyone?

Here's where I get my fuel: http://www.sawyerpetroleum.com/fuel_s.htm You need to bring your own 5 gallon cans. Sawyer is near the cross streets of Oxnard and Hazeltine in Van Nuys

I use the 118 octane and mix it with 91 pump so that I get around 95+ octane. My engine has a serious problem with pinging (MSD 6AL can dial in my advance from in the car and even when set by to "0" it pings on 91 octane) so I have to run better fuel. It's way cheaper for me to buy the 118 than it is to fuel up with the 100 or 101 octane available from two stations in my immediate area.

and local boys around sw houston know where to get race fuel?

I wish we had stations like cali. The track is the only place I know. I thought cali had strict emmissions standards and they can buy leaded. Whats up with that?

Does anyone have a source for high octane fuel in Southwest Florida - preferably Lee or Charlotte County? :supz:

i use and additive to pump gas boost juice gives me 110 for 6 to 7 $ for 15 gals of high test.... you get it on the internet great stuff just got 5 cases and yes it does work

All your small airports around here will sell you airplane fuel its a low lead around 5.75 a gallon.

There's a Sunoco station on East Main St. in Torrington, CT that sells 5 gallon cans of 110 Sunoco leaded for $55 a can ... I found the same gas in Burlington at Hollands Service station today for $7.50 a gallon, bringing your own containers.. $45, or $9 per gallon if you want the can ...

Does anyone see any harm in mixing this gas with regular pump gas for street use ?? I mixed it 1/2 and 1/2 and didn't seem to notice any power loss

There is no issue mixing fuels. Many racers mix fuels to fine tune the octane that works best for their car. However, you should not use a higher octane than your motor is built for. At the very least you are wasting your money, at worse can cause you motor to gum up. I used to mix 110 octane 1:5 with 93 to get a 96 octane blend. I have a spread sheet someone gave me that calculates the blend octane with inputs of two fuels. If you want a copy email me your address.

I have a owners manual for a 71
Mercury and it calls for reg gas for 302/351/400 at 91 octane
429 2v and 4v premium at 99.8 octane
1971 octanes were different than today's ?

Hi octane gas? :dontknow: :munky2:

How about sitting in a room with Asa & Cliff??? :fart:

-
Back