wheres the lowend tq...

-
hey thanks adamr yor on top of things..I like this board alot you dont get bashed for asking or replying.....thanks again

FWIW, the SS springs don't work very well without a snubber. Good starting point is about 1" between the snubber and the floorpan with the car on the ground. Depending on power, you may have to reinforce the floorpan above the snubber. A little more revs at launch might help too. Had a Dart that hooked a Hemi at 6500 RPM with SS springs, a snubber, and 28X12.5 tires. Hope this helps.

Hey earth, you asked about my combo, here it is in a nutshell. 72 duster 2785lb with driver, 408 11:1, j heads 2.02 home ported, comp 1.5 rockers .565 solid flat tappet mopar cam, 830 holley, 4.88 gear, vic jr intake, 904 with 4200 dowdy converter. 31x10.5w slick. 1.40 to 1.42 60' 6.65 best 1/8. 8.65 in 1000ft, 113 mph. Sorry no 1/4 times (our track runs 1000ft)

no way it's really 12.5:1, the cams in right, and you have 185psi in them. You have an issue there. You should be much closer to 200psi or better... I would doubel check all the sepcs (meaning pull things apart and measure) and check the installation of the cam. It may be in retarded a little. That hurts in 340s.

Is the cam degree in. If not it could be retarded. I put a cam in that was retarted eight degrees when installed straight up. This would have killed bottem end tq. SB mopars seem to like any where from 2 to 4 degrees advance. I built a mild 318 with a 3 degree advance key this summer that will burn the tires off.

hi, it's NOT a SS motor!!!! its a stocker motor!!! big difference. anyway, do you degree in your cams?? thing is, big intake durations kill cylinder pressure, which is torque!!! most cams are installed 2-4 degrees advanced, depends on cam grinder and grind!! in a race motor, intial timing is not really considered, only total and at what RPM it's set at.mopar recommended to set it at 1200-1400 RPM full advance. but, what do they know?? if the motor is launched at 1500- 2000 RPM , he is not getting total in on launch. if he wantsto keep launch RPM there, then reset total at 1200 RPM. it's the old saying, timing is everything!!! a large duration cam will usually show a low cranking number, because of overlap. bleeds off cylinder pressure, also retarded will give same results.

yea this motor has been something ..I paid alot of cash to have it done then found out that it is not any where close to what it should be ............so thats why I'm in the progress of checking thing myself.....shop said that heads where 55 cc then I cc them 68 cc so thats what got me looking into things... I paid 3600.00 just for the machine work and cam and lifters ,rings and bearings,motor was put togeather. nothing else..... they made me get eagle h beam rods cause stock would not make 500 hp (chevy guy)..... not in the 3600.00 .I could have got a short block for that....but what do I know????????Looks like nothing paying that much right????????anyway the cam was suppose to be degreed in I do not know myself .as far as the ss springs go there are alot of people that want run a snubber with ss but I dont know thats why I ask........I plan to check and see just where my pinion angle is at this time and make sure it's around 5/7 down then see where I go. so keep the info going.......and thanks for the ego boost

-
Back