Which Clutch should i go with

-
I'd spend the extra to buy a centerforce. I have one in my Dart and it works good.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...&N=700+4294865886+4294908110+115&autoview=sku
this guy is totally right if your planning on going faster later on but if not i would just stick with that clutch i had the exact same set up as that in my 75 dart and it was awesome and belive it or not it was a re man clutch... not even borg and beck style. if your talking about the comp extreme energy 268XE that is and awesome all around cam as good as a purple stick.

its not that the hipo used a special bell or clutch,,, all 273 2bbl or 4bbl used the 9 1/2 inch clutch,,

you can upgrade to a 10 1/2 inch clutch,and then havea wider choice of clutches to choose from by using a later model bell housing or a scatter shield,,

all small block bell housing will bolt up to your 273 and your 66 tranny will bolt to any mopar smal block bell housing or after market scatter shield,,

im sure you can find a bell housing on this site if you loook around

Wayne Brewer at Brewers Performace set me straight. When I pulled my clutch out of my 273 hipo, it was a frikin 9 inch clutch meant for a six cylinder. I am now running a 10 inch clutch with the SAME bell housing and flywheel ! He called it a 'bastard clutch' and it works by notching the plate, and installing with special screws. The plate is also a little taller, and now my pedal is back the way it should be. NO slips or vibration to 110 mph.
By the way, it took me 5 hours to stab the HEAVY, awkward, 833 trans back in......by myself.

clutch 001.jpg

clutch 009.jpg

clutch 010.jpg

clutch 011.jpg

clutch 012.jpg

clutch 015.jpg

clutch 017.jpg

clutch 018.jpg

clutch 001.jpg

clutch 009.jpg

clutch 010.jpg

clutch 011.jpg

clutch 012.jpg

clutch 015.jpg

clutch 017.jpg

clutch 018.jpg

5 HOURS ??? did you use a pilot tool to line up the clutch disc ??

I used the pilot tool. Once I was able to figure out how to keep the trans from slipping off my jack, ( 45 degree stab ) and twisting, (awkward sob):by using the ROPES, it slid right in.

-
Back