which headers are best?

-
Not sure if anyone will respond to this since this thread is old.....but, I have a 73 Duster 340 with 4 speed, I was looking a going with doug's headers. I'm just trying to find out if they will clear the z-bar. I'm currently running the 340 Hi- po manifolds from the aar an t/a 340, with tti down pipes. I had to ding the driver's side down pipe and shim the trans mount to clear the pitman arm. I'm just trying to find a header that I can install with out modifications. I don't want to do any hacking smashing bending prying, or cutting and modifying the z-bar. Any advice or first hand experience or knowledge appreciated.

Not sure if anyone will respond to this since this thread is old.....but, I have a 73 Duster 340 with 4 speed, I was looking a going with doug's headers. I'm just trying to find out if they will clear the z-bar. I'm currently running the 340 Hi- po manifolds from the aar an t/a 340, with tti down pipes. I had to ding the driver's side down pipe and shim the trans mount to clear the pitman arm. I'm just trying to find a header that I can install with out modifications. I don't want to do any hacking smashing bending prying, or cutting and modifying the z-bar. Any advice or first hand experience or knowledge appreciated.

Not going to happen!

Both Dougs and tti require modifying the z bar. It's not hard to do.

All depends on what "best" means. A set of $189 Hedman 78030 B-body headers will fit a low-deck big block, manual steering, mini-starter A-body with just a few small dimples... BBD has the pics, and I put them on my car too.
B-Body Headers In An A-Body

Certainly the $800 TTI's will breathe better at the top end. "Speed costs money, son. How fast do you want to go"? ;)

=============
uh... "Never Mind", didn't realize the question was about a small block. Sorry.

i'd be wise to listen. I have a big block car there Mr. Miserable.. so i'm here in this thread for entertainment only. And what would I like, hmmm, maybe a dyno comparasin or a strip comparasin.
Wait, hold on one second Rocco. Let me get this straight. You want Crackedback to provide dyno and/or slips as proof that the headers work or not?

Right?

Who the frak does this just to "prove" to a person on the net who doesn't even have a small block, cares less about it because he has a big block?

Seriously brother, when you make a dick of yourself, you do a good job.

Oh, entertainment purposes? So your here just to piss people off then?

Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

OMG! From cool dude to jerk in a post.
Dang!

Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

OMG! From cool dude to jerk in a post.
Dang!

The post you are referring to is from 2014.

Cracked back later gave a very good "proof" if you will and I complimented him on it.

There is only ONE header to use in your application. You MUST have manual steering. They are no longer available new, but I found a used set and have seen others for sale. They are 5303 Hookers. There is nothing else that fits and works like them. Not dougs, not Hedman, not TTI, none of them. The Hookers are a giant PITA to install and they are very tight, but once installed you can get to all the spark plugs, oil filter etc.

In a pinch, you can buy Hooker 5204's but they are small for your application. They work and fit as well. You can buy the 5204's new.

Don't skimp. This ain't a dinner date with a bimbo. It's a serious commitment.

TTI..best headers made those that say they're not don't have them or can't afford them,and Dougs are NOT the same like some people claim..

TTI..best headers made those that say they're not don't have them or can't afford them,and Dougs are NOT the same like some people claim..
You are 100% correct! You get what you pay for. We have sold a block hugger for our TJ swaps for 15 years but they are now $500+ for coated and people ***** constantly about price. They are hand gas welded in USA from virgin US steel, 3/8 flat flanges and 14 GA tubes. I have had to start selling $249 Mexican made thin ground O ring headers just because nobody was buying good ones and getting Scummit chinese crap for $250. Guess people like changing collector gaskets every other weekend just to save $250 over a life time of driving....go figure.

-
Back