which tranny 727 or a904

-

Mrkidd

Reaction score
my tranny just went out on me and im looking for a replacement what do u think i should go with...my setup is a stock slant 6 my car is a 69 dart
i beileve it has a 727 in it now...but im not sure...is there a visual way to tell or i have to get the part number...?

the reason why i said the 727 is because when i posted that im looking for a slant 6 tranny...people have been replying sayin that they have a 727 that came off a six...???
so i was tring to find out whats goin on with that....

unless for some reason they used a 727 in a truck or van behind a six, I don't think they would have done that in a passenger car.

Hmmm, I didn't know you could get a 727 for a slant six..........

You betchya. I've seen um in trucks and vans but never cars. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, though. To answer the question though, 904 all the way.

thanks for the help.....ill pick up the tranny...

yea also the pickups had the 727, but with a different tailshaft. i 904 will be good for the stock 6 and will be just an R&R

oh also the 67 and earlier slant trans is different, it has a different torque converter, so make sure that it is out of a 68 and new car...

I raced a /6 for years, even though I'm only 28 lol...
904 without question. If you want a healthy 904, replace the innards with V8 904 guts.
The 727's came in few cars and some trucks, they simply suck up to much power.

The last /6 727 I had in a truck and the fellow drove a few hours to get it!!

-
Back