White or Black top?

-

PlumCrazyJay

70 Dart
Reaction score
I'm thinking of changing my black vinyl top to white. The car does have black interior, which I could change, and came originally with a white top. The only thing that is stopping me is how the white top would look with the tinted windows, which I want to keep (for heat reasons). I'm kinda biased to a white top, which I had on a Swinger when I was younger. I know everyone has opinions and here at work the guys are divided about half, half. The picture with the black top is original and the white top is photo shopped. Interested in any and all opinions and or reasoning. Thanks

Attachments

• dart white top.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0796.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 189
I like the white myself. Just looks cleaner and sharper, the black kind of blends into the purple and the white pops and brightens up the purple.

Hmm, I think the white is better looking with that paint color and I am generally partial to white tops but I really think the windows with less tint would help the white top look allot.

With the dark windows, I prefer the black top for sure.

I say don't put a vinyl top on it, but just paint it. I say paint it white

my Duster was plum crazy with black vinyl, black dual snorkel scoop, and black spoiler, so I like the black. But, without the scoop and spoiler to balance it, you could go either way...

I like the white. You'll be thankful for it in hot weather too....whether you have A/C or not. Even if it has A/C it won't take as much to cool it off.

I guess I'm in the minority but I don't even think it's close, definitely black IMO.

I vote white.. I like the way it looks with the plum crazy...

Man............Tough call IMO..........Both nice as well as your car too!............I think the white has more of a pop..to it.......If you know what i mean.............Either way shes great:cheers:

tough call . both look good . just flip a coin and be happy with it. either way you are a winner. if anybody makes a negative comment about it then piss in their beer.

I think the black looks way better.But what do I know I have a purple car with white...

Attachments

• Purple Runner.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 135

Attachments

• SOUND%20CHECK%20FUEL%201%20077.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 126
Hey memike, this is the car I bought down in your neck of the woods last year. It has a new black vinyl top and that is what is making the decision kind of tuff. The car had a white top but when the seller replaced it he went black instead. I'd like to go to white and I would in a heart beat but the tinted windows kinda have me wondering how it will look, so I had my wife photo shop it just to get an idea. I wish it didn't have the trim stripe down the side, then I would go white top with a bumblebee stripe. I had a co-worker say this is like picking between Cindy Crawford and Jill Ireland.

White balances it out for sure . With that in mind , I agree with the following :

- Lighter tint for windows
- Paint the roof instead of dedicating to putting a new vinyl covering on .

The Mod Top ( et al. ) is a potentially good idea . Problem is , none of the available colours would look good with Purple .
I'd imagine that you could either paint the roof with a Dodge version Mod pattern , OR you could have a vehicle wrap made for the top in whatever pattern / colours you choose :)

-
Back