Who builds the best 904?

-

HemiD@rt

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone to build a 904 for my Gen III Hemi. It's supercharged and will put out 600+ Hp. I have a cheap TCI upgrade kit and cheap TCI converter right now. I know it won't last long...

Thanks!

I wanted to rebuild and upgrade my 904 to work with my 500+ HP stroker for the street. I knew it could be done as I was already driving it on the street / track with 495 HP. I called Cope, told him what I wanted and he hung up. LOL. PTC hooked me up.

the best...Pro Trans In Palmdale California...

bring your visa card....

the best...Pro Trans In Palmdale California...

bring your visa card....

There is a Divison VII RACER, in Grass Valley, CA named Len Schneider who has 30 years' experience building Torquflites and builds them for a whole lot of Stock and Super Stock racers in that Division. If you go to a Division VII points race or National event (NHRA) look for his "SCHNEIDER PERFORMANCE" decals on race cars... there are a lot.

He runs a one-man shop, which means if there are any mistakes made, HE has to deal with them.... so, he's especially careful.

He has won the Divisional points championship three times in Division VII with his Super Stocker, and is a multi-time NHRA National Record Holder, so he understands racing, and what it does to parts.

He's an affable and friendly guy who is very knowledgeable RE: Torqueflites and will be glad to talk with you. Call him up.... tell him I sent you.

His shop number in Grass Valley (just north of Sacramento in Northern California) is:

Len Schneider; (530) 268-3388 Grass Valley, California.

He'll appreciate your business!

Dynamic Transmissions

Who else can give you a full 1 year unconditional guarantee that if anything happens they will replace it?

And of course they mean, anything...

Me or you, in your garage. Plenty of information on here. Get to work!

There is a Divison VII RACER, in Grass Valley, CA named Len Schneider who has 30 years' experience building Torquflites and builds them for a whole lot of Stock and Super Stock racers in that Division. If you go to a Division VII points race or National event (NHRA) look for his "SCHNEIDER PERFORMANCE" decals on race cars... there are a lot.

He runs a one-man shop, which means if there are any mistakes made, HE has to deal with them.... so, he's especially careful.

He has won the Divisional points championship three times in Division VII with his Super Stocker, and is a multi-time NHRA National Record Holder, so he understands racing, and what it does to parts.

He's an affable and friendly guy who is very knowledgeable RE: Torqueflites and will be glad to talk with you. Call him up.... tell him I sent you.

His shop number in Grass Valley (just north of Sacramento in Northern California) is:

Len Schneider; (530) 268-3388 Grass Valley, California.

He'll appreciate your business!

My buddy mark Chauncey races a 63 max wedge fury and swears by Len. Heard he is an amazing guy to work with as well.

My buddy mark Chauncey races a 63 max wedge fury and swears by Len. Heard he is an amazing guy to work with as well.

Thanks a lot for the support. I'm sure Len would appreciate it. He's the only transmission guy I know of who has done a LOT of winning in NHRA Class racing.

I think that makes a lot of difference, somehow.

He's about as knowedgeable a T-Flite guy as I know. You could do worse... :cheers:

Thanks a lot for the support. I'm sure Len would appreciate it. He's the only transmission guy I know of who has done a LOT of winning in NHRA Class racing.

I think that makes a lot of difference, somehow.

He's about as knowedgeable a T-Flite guy as I know. You could do worse... :cheers:

I gave Len a call. He was very informative and told me to run what I got until it dies. He even said it might last a while if it was assembled decently. If/when it dies I definitely will go with Len on the new transmission.

I gave Len a call. He was very informative and told me to run what I got until it dies. He even said it might last a while if it was assembled decently. If/when it dies I definitely will go with Len on the new transmission.

Thanks much for following up on this. You won't be sorry. He's a straight-shooter and knows what he is doing. His 30+-years as a racer gives him an edge, I think.

And, he definitely will appreciate your business!

I wanted to rebuild and upgrade my 904 to work with my 500+ HP stroker for the street. I knew it could be done as I was already driving it on the street / track with 495 HP. I called Cope, told him what I wanted and he hung up. LOL. PTC hooked me up.

John hung up on you?? Are you sure the call just didn't get dropped?

John Cope, and PTC converters get my vote; very, very good service!

What part of AZ are you in? You near Apache Junction? http://www.buytransmission.net/ has done my trans work for years....until I moved away....

Click on the high performance button and scroll down to the Chevy section you will see my truck...

We Use John @ Magoo's Automotive, he builds all our transmissions, race or street.

John Shur
623-362-1765
he is up on Deer Valley and 88th Ave

tell him SS and AFX sent you

Was out at the Jegs Sportnationals Friday and Saturday...many Mopar Stockers and Super Stockers...

Ati converter and Pro Trans decals on them......never saw a CRT...or PTC decal on a mopar...was talking to one Stocker I mention PTC and he said Who?

Pro trans MAKES alot a billet parts....you can get many different gear sets ...I know one stocker who has a 2.66 first gear...another with a 2.89 first gear and a heavy E body car with a 3.09 first gear....

like I said..you want the best...bring your visa...cause those trans cost 6 grand.....

They also make the billet 904 parts that fit into a 727 case that the SS/HA car use....

If you want someone to just assemble a 904...do it yourself....

Was out at the Jegs Sportnationals Friday and Saturday...many Mopar Stockers and Super Stockers...

Ati converter and Pro Trans decals on them......never saw a CRT...or PTC decal on a mopar...was talking to one Stocker I mention PTC and he said Who?

Pro trans MAKES alot a billet parts....you can get many different gear sets ...I know one stocker who has a 2.66 first gear...another with a 2.89 first gear and a heavy E body car with a 3.09 first gear....

like I said..you want the best...bring your visa...cause those trans cost 6 grand.....

They also make the billet 904 parts that fit into a 727 case that the SS/HA car use....

If you want someone to just assemble a 904...do it yourself....

Tried googling Jegs Sportnationals and didn't come up with much. Were the cars from all over the country? If it was a local event I could understand not seeing CRT stickers since he's 2/3 of the way across the country from you. No comment on why the stocker didn't know of PTC but I've ran into people that have been around racing a long time and ran into that before (not knowing of a large company). IMO it doesn't mean the vendor is a "nobody". Cope trans. isn't the biggest trans builder by any means but he still does great work, just as some other small shops do just as good work as other shops that are bigger. They just don't have the advantage of being able to manufacture all their parts.

The OP's original question can never be answered cause it's a loaded question. I think we all know people that build great stuff and knowing their quality of work is why we recommend them.

The OP's original question can never be answered cause it's a loaded question. I think we all know people that build great stuff and knowing their quality of work is why we recommend them.

nice thing mine is a stones throw from him

We Use John @ Magoo's Automotive, he builds all our transmissions, race or street.

John Shur
623-362-1765
he is up on Deer Valley and 88th Ave

tell him SS and AFX sent you

I will definitely check out the AZ shops. Thanks!

I will definitely check out the AZ shops. Thanks!

If you are going to check out my buddies place let me know so I can give them a heads up....probably will get a better deal if I let them know you are coming....

-
Back