who daily drives their classic ?

-
No offense, but those of you in sunny states without winter aren't exactly being troopers by driving a classic year round....
If I lived in California, I would drive mine all the time too. :burnout:

Um, it snows in California too. Not all of us live at the beach. :violent1: But they don't salt the roads here, so no added rust issues.

I've driven in more snow than this too, but it's harder to take pictures when you start pushing snow with the K member. ;) The "hiss" from the headers pushing through the snow is pretty entertaining though.

IMG_0711.jpg

My Challenger and Duster are currently sharing daily driver duties. I typically drive 10-12k miles a year, and my '74 Duster is the newest car I own. I've put over 45k miles on my Challenger, and it was my only driving car for a little over 4 years. I did share some of the miles with my '07 Triumph Speed Triple. I drive my cars year round- rain, snow, 100+ degree heat, whatever. You haven't really lived until you've power-slid one of these old beasts through the snow. Or on a gravel road, I have family ~3 miles back on a dirt road so my cars do some off-pavement time too, probably a good 80-100 miles a year.

Driving them is the best part about having old musclecars! :burnout: No point having them otherwise as far as I'm concerned.

Here's one of the photos I sent my wife. I was completely alone when I parked and that entire fence line is parking.

View attachment Photo_04.jpg

I'm always the first one at work in the morning at 5am so I have my parking spot I always use. It's super wide and then I pull all the way over to the curb to leave a wide gap. This guy decided to use all the room available I guess. We chuckle over these people.

View attachment Photo_10 (1).jpg

Robj, That would piss me off in my '70 ! But I want a driver that I can take anywhere and not be as mad when a ding happens ! I'm gonna pass on that blue dart, my buddy looked at it and it needs a good amount of work to make it road worthy !

Robj, That would piss me off in my '70 ! But I want a driver that I can take anywhere and not be as mad when a ding happens ! I'm gonna pass on that blue dart, my buddy looked at it and it needs a good amount of work to make it road worthy !

Like I said take your time but keep looking and be ready when you find it because they go fast when they're a solid car at a deal price.

I'm looking at a '74 Duster /6 that would make a super driver. It's an old timer guy who has decided to sell. I don't need it but will have hard time passing it up. He hasn't advertised it. A sports car friend of mine knows the guy and thought of me when he said he was selling it.

I will. When I'm 100% ready I will start my search. This car just kinda popped up, but it's not the right car. I'm not ready for a full on project right now! A Clean, solid/ 6 car would be ideal.
I was in the navy with a guy from Redding, ca. Can't remember his Damn name!

Me... drive mine all the time, just took the 13" winter tires off and bags a salt out of the trunk in April... now after seeing 340plot I'm thinking of a trailer hitch too... that'll turn heads ha ha ha

not my daily driver but i drive it a bunch.

Attachments

• 057.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 001.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 004.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 034.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 125
Because I like them. It's kind of like hanging onto a fine wine that you drink on special occasions, anniversary's, Friday nights, but if you drink it every night you won't appreciate it as much.

That's cool, I get it. I love looking at the super clean low mileage restorations. They are very nice.

I just enjoy driving mine so much that I practically get a boner every time I fire it up. Never gets old tooling down the highway gripping that pencil thin wheel, with that rumble behind me, looking out over that old school hood. If I ever owned a car that I was afraid to drive very much, I'd still have to have a second one to drive.

I daily drive Lucy:
blogger-image-1695044984.jpg

Here in MD, winters suck with salt and all that nasty, but the ol' girl has gotten in her fair share of the white stuff. I don't use her as much in the winter now that I have '79 Scottsdale to beat on, but I still manage about 10,000 miles a year on her. It's been fun.:)

As an aside, for a short period last summer she even doubled as a farm truck for me! Hauled 400lbs of chicken feed in the trunk! Haha, that was a experience.;)

And keep in mind, the more you use these, the more likely something will happen!

Coming home from work yesterday, I was hit by a landscaping track that fled the scene! I wasn't giving up that easy tho! Followed after him as I was on the phone with 911, got the trailer liscence plate and the company name off the side of the truck, gave them the information, now let's see what the Rhode Island State Police come up with. ;) They tried to pass me in a no passing zonewith on coming traffic, had to pull in earlier than expected and didn't compensate for the trailer that had in tow and my drivers side front fender, molding and bumper felt the impact from the trailer!? I flashed lights at them to stop, had my hand out the window telling them to pull over, made eye contact with the driver and mouthed to him pull over and the kept going.

It doesn't look that bad, but on the way home she started pulling to the right when applying the brakes and my passenger side directionals stopped working all together......have to look at all that today.

So just a heads up all, always keep an eye out, we have to compensate for a Aholes out there!

Ok, wondering how many of you actually daily drive your classic Mopars ? And I mean an honest daily driver because its all you got ! QUOTE]

Well, the sencond sentence disqualifies me. But I'll match daily miles and cross country trips over the last ten years with anyone.
Might be surprised though.
Oh, in all fairness I know that people who live in the rust belt are disadvantaged.

Oh, in all fairness I know that people who live in the rust belt are disadvantaged.

Indeed. I know all my buddies back there have their own formula as to how many rains must happen to wash away the salt before taking them out on the road. I used to live in Minnesota and I know about salt and rust.

And keep in mind, the more you use these, the more likely something will happen!!

To be fair, you're right. I've been in 3 accidents (2h&r) in Lucy...it sucks. But I would rather break her and fix her any day if the week than be afraid to take her out on the road. No car will last forever, I figure that I'm doing my car a service by using her.:)

-
Back