who daily drives their classic ?

-
Drove my 69 dart daily for about two years then weekly after I put the first built 340 in it.

I even drove it the the first two winters in Indiana , man I will never do that again to an old car

Now 3 engines 33 years later I drive it every week in the dry summer months, and it sits in a heated and air conditioned garage

i don't think i would even pat 3k for it. quarter is toast. god knows what is under the paint. look ok in the pic but in person i'll bet its a cheap paint job. motor sounds lazy and that noise in the video bothers me..

i'm all for DD a classic. but i'd want a better one then at that dart..

if those jeeps bring that little around you when i'm ready for one (gonna be the next toy i think) i'm looking in your area. i'll drive the 4-5 hours for a clean one.. kids beat the hell out of most of them here. and most have a ton of miles around here..

I um, like dont even um, like cant even um, uh string a sentence together man, so, um like Im not really sure on the uh, um, maintenance of the um, engine. But we did um like get rid of the horrible um, original color for ya. Keep the Jeep!

Thanks for the honest input Joe, I've never been an impulsive buyer. I always do some research first ! Maybe if I had an the smallest amount of emotional attachment to my Jeep I wouldn't have even given it any thought. I did get excited though just thinking about driving a classic daily !

I traded my 01 dodge diesel dually for this 72 and it is my daily driver. In last week I have put 800 miles on it. Kinda too nice to be a driver, but I do not build them to sit in garage. However, I cannot build one for how cheap they are going for right now!

Diesel truck had a lot of issues, and now I jump in and go

That dart won't pull the value of that jeep. Around here that Jeep is worth around 6500.00 -7,000.00 if it is as nice as the picture. Sell it outright and offer the guy 3500 for the dart tops.

My d.d

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 251
Another

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 259
Southwest out near martinsville international speedway

oh ok, My uncle is in Danville ! Goes to all the car shows in that area, He drives a '72 charger and just finished a '50 something ford on an s-10 chassis powered by a Chrysler 413/727 !!

Just watched those crappy youtube videos again, pretty confident the car is a '71 judging by the flush marker lights and caught a glimpse of the grille

My newest rig is an 80 Volare, bought it for ft brake parts for my 62. Driving the 80 for now till I get my 77 d200 engine/ trans/ cab swapped.

]I drive my 68 base model Coronet 4 dr everyday, I think it was a radio delete car, the only code on the fender tag is the heater, still no radio.

1092916_10201291843390595_801272584_o_zpsf6b2f0e2.jpg

I don't drive my 64 Plymouth Signet everyday, yet I do drive it couple days and nights during any week which puts a couple hundred miles on it..... I got 5 vehicles, all of which are earlier than 1990 and each one has it's purpose. I think the big problem these days are parts and the fact that there are too many a--holes out there looking to rain on your parade while you're driving your classic...

In all the years I've owned my 64, I've had more luck with it than with any home computer

I daily drive my`1974 Dart Sport.......but of course:
I rebuilt the:
Engine
Transmission
Driveshaft
Front Suspension - 3 times
Front Brakes
Rear Brakes
Rear Differential
and restored the interior.......and installed a CD player, 4 speakers....:burnout:

30,000 miles and still LOVIN it!!!

I get so much attention in this car.......cant get gas or a soda without a 15 minute conversation about it and WHY it has OREGON plates on it, IN Texas.

40 years old and appreciating everyday.....
Not MANY vehicles are worth 3-5 times what they cost new....

drove the 76 feather duster last year 5 days per week, 64 mi per day. couldn't find a buyer at $2500, all rust reapired, new gas tank etc... traded it off for a project I like better...
dailey driver now is 72 slant duster in shape condition. its for sale at same price, no rust, faded red paint..... love drivin it.

My buddy Don ( Demon 408, FABO name ! ) lives near this guy, he is going to look the car over for me tomorrow. Leaning towards making a cash offer and work on it until its truly road worthy !

I just got my AC working THIS MORNING!!!.....when You achieve:

Daily Driver V8 Mopar with AC....you will really enjoy it!!! :prayer::cheers:

I just got my AC working THIS MORNING!!!.....when You achieve:

Daily Driver V8 Mopar with AC....you will really enjoy it!!! :prayer::cheers:

Nice ! I'll be there one day ... you running a newer sanden compressor ?

I daily drive a 68 dart sedan slant 6, I had my silverado for a long time but decided it was too new for me and the amount I was paying for insurance and gas I sold it.... Best decision I made the dart is cheaper on gas and insurance and 10 times cooler in my opinion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 167
i drive this everyday

Attachments

• Picture 297.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Picture 024.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 165
IMHO, I wouldn't trade that Jeep for that Dart. I have found that model of Jeep to be a very reliable vehicle and still miss ours we had.

Now as far as vintage ABodies for daily drivers. After job loss in 2008, all we have driven is Dodge Darts (usually one for each of us). We drive what we can afford and what I can repair myself. That leaves out new cars with computers, miles of wires hoses and lines of unknown origins.

Of late we have been driving a 79 Aspen wagon with a super six, and my 64 Dart 170 4 door with a 273 all original. Our son drives a 1969 Dart custom 4 door with a slanty and these are our only cars. We just bought back a 75 Dart we used to own so we could retire my 64. My 64 still has it's studded snow tires on it from this past winter. The only thing was this winter was so cold (under 0 here) we had to have a small halogen shop lamp under the oil pans over night so they would crank and start the next morning.
This summer I will be installing oil pan heating pads so all I will have to do is unplug and go this winter instead of crawling under two cars every morning to fish out the lamps before driving.

SO, we drive ours every day, where ever we go. Work, day trips, and vacations. We have found them cheaper to insure, maintain, and buy gas for. I have even been seen at Lowes loading stick lumber into our Aspen wagon while it was raining. I love being able to haul lumber in the rain without it getting wet!

Only draw back is the endless supply of people wanting to talk about our cars everywhere. It can be frustrating sometimes when you're in a hurry at the gas station and they want to tell you about the Dart their family owned when they were kids. Especially since we are at the point now where we don't think of them as show cars or vintage anymore. They are just our cars to go from point A to point B. But we love them and I love knowing that when I start the engine and leave home, that I will be usually be returning home with no problems or weird stuff happening to the computer or injection system! They were popular back when they were first made, with families mainly due to their inexpensive maintenance and reliability not needing maintenance very often at all!

I highly recommend using A Bodies as daily drivers. There is no other way of driving for our whole family. We'll never go back to the multi tens of thousand dollar vehicles with monthly payments as high as our house payment again!!!

WOW, 64dart170, thats awesome ! I have a good friend that owns nothing newer than '72, i never hear him complain ! I told the guy i will not trade my reliable Jeep for his car which will need who knows what to make it reliable. Once my friend takes a look at it we will talk money. I feel the same way as you, i dont mind driving old cars everyday. I dont need power windows, locks and all the other creature comfort bullshit ! Just give me music and a/c and i'm good ! .... I tried to get my wife on the same page about 3 years ago and she just laughed, she on the other hand NEEDS those creature comforts.
My grandmother had a '77 Aspen wagon /6. I still have the owners manual and brochores that came with the car when she bought it new ! I wanted that wagon so bad when i started driving, had some pretty cool plans for it in my head ! But being from NY, by the time i was driving the frame so rotted past the point of return and was scrapped. I looked a while back for one to play with, but dont find many in decent shape for sale ...

I wouldn't.. But different strokes for different folks. I rarely drive my old cars. Keep miles off and keep them nice.

-
Back