Who else wants their old toys back?

-
My mom has my Evel Knevel set with the van and ramp. Can't seem to find the figure, though...

I had a Star Wars figure set that came out before the regular production run of 1977.
The engineering for "Luke" was not quite finished and the head, one foot, and the light saber were different. The set was a mail in offer from General Mills. Up until about 2 years ago, that set wasn't even in the collector catalogs. I remember a few years ago, they listed the "first" production run set (that contained the revised or "finished" Luke) at $400.

I wish I had some of my "anual" MPC models. Lots of those are lost to tooling revisions.

I still have a first run Mego Spock.

I also have some Tide 1972 Ford spring powered cars.
They look 48th scale and have GREAT detail for cheap plastic.

I almost bought a Speak and Spell, even though I was way too old, as soon as I heard the were reprogramming them to not say swear words.

My younger brother had/has a Speak and Spell. I think we got it to do swear words. Can't remember.

I have some metal bodied Tonka wind up cars. An Red VW Rabbit and a Orange Corvette. We ran them into everything.

Here's pics I found of one on the web:

20121003071136-DSCF0932121002.jpg

I've got this set too. But I don't think the guy with the yellow hat came with this set. I think he was from a Motorcycle set I or my brother also had. And that truck did not have those numbers on it. Must have been from another toy that I had also because those numbers match the "67" numbers I personally put on that Testors Dune Buggy I posted above! Wow! :

1_65bb8572f4d5084076f927e4c6108cb7.jpg

from my previous post:

attachment.php

Used to take my Schwinn 26" single speed down the road and play in the local brook, built a pretty good dam to play around in on hot days,...the dam is long gone cause of floods, but I still slow down and take a look every time I'm at Mom and Dads....Yes I know,...kinda wierd

OMFG a "fanner 50" I haven't heard that in about 50 years, LOL My little brother RIP used to drool over one of those.

One year Santa brought me the bullet loading Fanner 50. It had metal shells and plastic bullets with round caps that you had to peel and stick on the hammer strike area. It took too long to prep the bullets and load the gun, just like in real life so I went back to using my early roll cap model.

That turret... I would have lost my mind.

I have ALL my old toys.

But they were played with. Some are very much worn and some messed up pretty bad.

Just dug up the box my Diamond Back Silver Streak was delived in a few weeks ago. Of course I still have the bike with it's original tires and it's in great condition with only a scratch in one of the stickers near the chain.

Too bad the box got all beat up.

Autox,I hate you...(lol). My Silver Streak,got 10 fingered. Really cool,you still own it,seriously.

I got my first real BMX bike stolen in the 1st grade. I was a Gitane BMX all steel frame. Lower end model kids BMX..

I bought a used Team Mongoose frame and fork, stripped to the nickel, and ported all my huffy stuff onto it, then slowly upgraded eveything. I HAD to have full cro-mo. I broke mild steel and bent aluminum at age 13

Same here,YY1 . Not good,just aggressive....

Oh, man... Even though I'd probably look like a jerk riding one now, I'm such a freak for BMX. Saw a dude runnin a blue Mongoose with blue tires and matching pads, with a number plate on the v bars, near the Englewood Civic center where I eat lunch. This was before Mongoose was made in china and sold at Wally World. It had some old gear on it, but it was mint. Started having motor memory of pulling up on skinny grips to accelerate.

I had a GT/ DYNO, cro-mo freestyle frame. I was in to flat land and ramp riding. Not the best, I wanted a Standard or S&M, but I couldn't shell $600+ for a frame/ fork set like that, but the Dyno was nice.

I spent every single dime I had on that bike for two years, hotrodding it. Got rid of the plastic mags, got some 48 spoke Ukai double walls, stainless spokes with Phil Wood hubs that I set up, S&M pegs, biggest tires I could squeeze between the forks and dropouts, Exposure flatland bars and a Gyro brake detangler... Man, I miss that thing.

Took it to a friends house, couldn't bring it back home in the car for some reason. I left it in his kitchen, told him he could ride it, but not to leave it outside. He went to King Soopers (City Market) and paid someone $2 to watch it while he went in to get soda and cigarettes. You know what happens when someone pays you $2 and a bike for nothing? Yeah.

My%20old%20Dyno%20Air.jpg

About bought this one a while back from ebay. That's what it looked like before I set it up with nice gear.

He tried paying me back some, but I had over $1G in that rig. Gave up after that, went back to skatebaords for a bit and started saving for a car.

I do have all of my Transformers, though. I've got about 200 of them, complete, now. They are in boxes until I get a display case built the way I want it. I don't like cleaning them.

transformers%20shelf%20002%20small.jpg

Had to sell this to help my mom pay her mortgage when she was unemployed, a little bit ago;
Soundwave%20framed.jpg

Almost had a Unicron cel from the movie. That soundwave was from the 1st half, first season JP animation, before they went Korean and recycled the cels in use. Someone likely walked out of the production studio with that one. They are not easy to get. The Unicron cel, a friend had in a smashed frame in the garage, beneath a leaning shelf that tipped. The movie cels were all destroyed except for about 30 that got sold to some guy who toured with a Star Trek convention and was selling them. You had to be at one of those cons to get it, circa 1986. My friend was gonna give it to me, his dad was broke, I told him it was rare, they sold it to someone who now runs the new TF convention, for somewhere in the neighborhood of $9K that summer, about 6 years ago, after putting it in a new frame. I'd like a Transformers cel, again. And maybe keep it.

Just recently got the 4 TMNT turtles sealed on cards at a friends comic shop from someone who brought them in on trade. Stoked on that. Might get Shredder, April, Foot Soldier and Splinter just to have em.

Ex girlfriend ended up with all of the original Garbage Pail Kids. Like over 1000 of them. I'd like those back.

Once the car projects subside, I'm building some brass tanks and lights for Amy and I's JC Higgins cruisers that we built to match.

Not really things I had as kids, but wanted, would/ could never afford, include pinball machines and arcades. I've got 3 pins, 1 up and running in the house, one almost done. Workin on a cocktail Ms.Pac convert to multi-cade for the living room, at work. I'll have to get pics of those.

I like toys.

Same here. I'm building my Dart like I would have done back in the day if I could have afforded it. I went and looked at a 79 Little Red Express truck like I drove in the eighties. Last year, I built this 84 Yamaha RZ350. It was my dream bike when it came out.

RZ5-13003Medium_zps08fc85e1.jpg

Very nice!!

I want my blue 1978 Mongoose BMX with blue Tuff Wheels back.
MCS goosneck, Tange 1200 forks, blue futed handlebars.

i wish i woulda kept the old "super soaker 50". the BEST damn water gun made. better than all the others, light weight, not all cumbersome, and shot water 50 plus feet.

Del, that 440, 4 speed, dana car would be CHOICE to still have. Man. what a car.

I have back most of what I would want from my childhood, but not everything. I rebuilt both of my old BMX race bikes (Redline and GT) then collected a bunch more, sold some of them now. Have most of the computer stuff I had or used when I was a kid (Commodore, Atari).

I'd love to get an SST Smash em up Derby set though. Found one at a flea market recently, guy wanted $75 not even complete. Looking for childhood memories, not an investment!

It never comes cheap, does it? lol... I'm not into my toys for monetary gain. Most of the time, I can scope good deals. Usually end up paying for memories/ hobbies with more. Duplicates and lot deals are a gateway drug.

I'm not rollin in it, but if you're careful, you can snap up some fun things. That parachute game looks fun.

Good call on the Super Soakers. We went through about six 50's between my brothers and I. Had a 30, 50, 100... friend had the gigantic 200... The 50 is king.

$(KGrHqJHJBQFG-W-C08lBRyUo)rW-w~~60_12.JPG

I'd like to have the Crossman pump BB gun I got for my 12th birthday back.
Must a shot 50,000 lizards with that thing and a good amount of jackrabbits.
They don't make them like they used to.
Self striking stick matches were fun to shoot out of it too.

Well, that and my 69 440 roadrunner that I bought for 1,200 bucks.

Attachments

• 1969roadrunner.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 523
Oh good call, I'd like to have my original US-made Red Ryder BB gun back. Now they're all made in China or somesuch. :banghead:

the super soaker looks fun ....they can be had on ebay it seems but they are kinda spendy.

looks like newer versions are a lot cheaper.

i am actually having funner at my age now......when i was a kid, i didn't have access to brightly lit toys-r-us stores or walmart or ebay in central India ....so i never had anything cool as a kid.

but now that im a so- called adult in Colorado with a job, now is the time to have a good childhood because nothing stops me from going to the mall now and going to the toy stores and getting whatever i want.

only now as an adult i have the barbies and hotwheels sets i always wanted but never could have before and with ebay its easy to have a blast.

but nothing beats going to the mall and getting a pretzel and heading to the toy stores for sidewalk chalk, games, figurines, hotwheels, model cars ....you name it. LOL

I'm restoring a Playmobile Deluxe Dashboard from 1961
Pic is what it should look like. Santa brought me one when I was 5.
Wife bought me one last Christmas that needed a lot of work.
having the darn box professionally restored would be the most expensive part :(

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!hoFC70ibfGOBQ)2pOMkog~~resized.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 298
Wow, that dash is fantastic!

It's amazing that the packaging for some of these toys makes it double in value on a regular basis.

the super soaker looks fun ....they can be had on ebay it seems but they are kinda spendy.

looks like newer versions are a lot cheaper.

i am actually having funner at my age now......when i was a kid, i didn't have access to brightly lit toys-r-us stores or walmart or ebay in central India ....so i never had anything cool as a kid.

but now that im a so- called adult in Colorado with a job, now is the time to have a good childhood because nothing stops me from going to the mall now and going to the toy stores and getting whatever i want.

only now as an adult i have the barbies and hotwheels sets i always wanted but never could have before and with ebay its easy to have a blast.

but nothing beats going to the mall and getting a pretzel and heading to the toy stores for sidewalk chalk, games, figurines, hotwheels, model cars ....you name it. LOL

Oh yeah. I hear you. We had some toys, surely not as few as you, due to proximity of toy stores, but we were modest.

Never had 200 Transformers figures as a kid. I have my mom to blame for that one, though. Found a 1984 Optimus Prime in the box and gave it to me for my 16th birthday. Tricked me and told me she had something for me in the driveway. It was in a brown box, in the driveway (good one, mom).

After that, I decided to go and get as many as I could, before ebay was around. After that came about, people would scan figures on scanners (digital cameras were junk) and sell them online. I went on an inner-child vow to have all of them.

Now I miss going to arcades (home consoles killed arcades) so I'm after those. I can't touch half the machines I want, due to space and all the time it would take to set it all up. When I move into another house in a few years, I want a skee-ball alley and a few more pinball machines. The one in the living room seems over the top, at the moment.

Doozie%20in%20living%20room.jpg

Man, I should stop visiting this thread. It's making me want to blow all of my cash on more cool junk I don't need.

I had Legos when there were oly 2 types of wheels, and there were only 2 other types of special parts- roof (only one pitch) and rail. Instructions were in Dutch only besides the pictures.

I remember very distinctly, buying Matchbox cars in the boxes, from a hobby store, and also buying the Tom McEwen and Don Prudohme "exra long requiring special packaging" rails first run circa '72.

I've always been more of a Matchbox guy, but recently scored some VG Hotwheels including the original 68 mustang ($10!) and Charger ($20!).

Pit Change Charger.

Top of my list for pinball games-

Black Knight

Any Williams Comet/Cyclone series including Pinbot and Taxi.

I did have a Tekken II a while ago. Neat but had to go.

Old legos ruled it. Man, the Technic legos were a fantastic series, too. Spent a lot of time at a friends house up in the attic, playing with his younger brother and his set. We made a pneumatic controlled hand that you could control with a switch board and make it give people the bird or grab stuff. It was fun.

I would love to have some Technic legos.

Black Night is stellar. My friend, who just finish paying off a '68 A series van really wants one. They pop up for around $1800 around here. Tekken II holds a lot of memories. Best of the franchise. It's going on my multi-cade. If you are in to building arcades (the one I'm making is a cocktail for a coffee table), youtube Hyperspin. It's a front end that lets you run all kinds of system emulators, LED controllers and arcade ROMS (MAME).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbA-TSUIl3A"]cabaret multicab with led's and over 1,000 games mame hyperspin - YouTube[/ame]

Some of the cabinets on the Hyperspin website/ forum are nuts.

The next one I'm going after is an '82 Gottlieb Haunted House. The Black Night is a great game, though. I have a feeling that I'll be playing one of those on a regular basis in the near future.

This one is a '68 Williams Doozie with zipper flippers. 1 of 2 games/ one theme (free play/ extra ball versions) of Williams games with a zipper flipper. Back glass is dead mint, but someone coated the back with scotch tape (rather well, likely kept it from flaking), playfield screen printing is super clean. I replaced all the rubbers and plastics.

I was also into collecting skateboards for a bit. That got out of control/ too expensive after people started doing it seriously.

I'm restoring a Playmobile Deluxe Dashboard from 1961
Pic is what it should look like. Santa brought me one when I was 5.
Wife bought me one last Christmas that needed a lot of work.
having the darn box professionally restored would be the most expensive part :(

WOW! I've never seen that, that dashboard is just incredible! At first glance, I thought you had posted a real car dash for some reason!

Old legos ruled it. Man, the Technic legos were a fantastic series, too. Spent a lot of time at a friends house up in the attic, playing with his younger brother and his set. We made a pneumatic controlled hand that you could control with a switch board and make it give people the bird or grab stuff. It was fun.

I would love to have some Technic legos.

Black Night is stellar. My friend, who just finish paying off a '68 A series van really wants one. They pop up for around $1800 around here. Tekken II holds a lot of memories. Best of the franchise. It's going on my multi-cade. If you are in to building arcades (the one I'm making is a cocktail for a coffee table), youtube Hyperspin. It's a front end that lets you run all kinds of system emulators, LED controllers and arcade ROMS (MAME).

cabaret multicab with led's and over 1,000 games mame hyperspin - YouTube

Some of the cabinets on the Hyperspin website/ forum are nuts.

The next one I'm going after is an '82 Gottlieb Haunted House. The Black Night is a great game, though. I have a feeling that I'll be playing one of those on a regular basis in the near future.

This one is a '68 Williams Doozie with zipper flippers. 1 of 2 games/ one theme (free play/ extra ball versions) of Williams games with a zipper flipper. Back glass is dead mint, but someone coated the back with scotch tape (rather well, likely kept it from flaking), playfield screen printing is super clean. I replaced all the rubbers and plastics.

I was also into collecting skateboards for a bit. That got out of control/ too expensive after people started doing it seriously.

Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. I still have a bunch of those ROMs here somewhere.
Reminded me of a bit of arcade trivia that is mopar related...
For those who are familiar with the recalled steering wheel,
those wheels were used on driving simulator arcade machines.

Some say the recalled used wheels were resold to the simulator builder.
Others say the balance of unused new production wheels were sold to them.
I figure both is probably true.

I'm building a MAME machine in a Galaxian cocktail. I just picked up a 15" LCD to put in it, which was the last thing I needed. Now I just need to take the time to put it together. Most of the arcade machines I like were about '86 and earlier.

-
Back