Who is into Tractors ??

-
I have a 1941 Ford 9n. It's a handy little machine. Pushes snow, pplows dirt, hauls logs, cuts brush etc. Her name is Fergey

I had a 39 9N ...Painted it like an 8N..Perfect for small acrages. Did a lot of work with it then sold it to my Cousin who uses it to this day.

Im a fan of old Internationals............ My Dad worked for them for 55 years

I have a few Olivers
From John 140.JPG
christmass004.jpg
oliver002.jpg
trunk drop 005.JPG
baler 001.JPG
Februrary 2016 002.JPG
Feb 2015 003.JPG
duals 003.JPG
1800 002.JPG

did someone say '' cletrac '' . heres my early 20's track layer . my dad bought it back in the late 60's , stood it on it tail , once and only once . it got parked after that . have the fuel tank hind for safe keeping .
69680015.jpg
69680016.jpg
69680017.jpg

we used a gas powered super 77 with a nh67 baler and diesel jd 4020 with a nh68 baler.
at the end of a quarter mile row running as hard as we could the 77 was behind by about 50- 75 feet. time after time same results.

we used a gas powered super 77 with a nh67 baler and diesel jd 4020 with a nh68 baler.
at the end of a quarter mile row running as hard as we could the 77 was behind by about 50- 75 feet. time after time same results.
Not bad being the 77 was 1/3 of the horsepower.

My 40 cockshutt is pretty fast in the big wheel, but i rarely use it, no where to run it to.
The loader is a tad weak, but its like 60 years old. Handy machine, but lately its been a target for pigeons. They will be in my sights soon enough.

I have a 1956 Oliver 88 with the wide front end. I mow with a 10 ft bush hog and it does great. If the motor ever go’s I’m thinking of repowering it with an old Hemi.

I've got the 1946 B Farmall we used on the farm when I was a kid. My dad restored it in the 80s. I can't find a single photo so I guess I better get a few this spring.

This was a Sears SS16 I had for awhile. paid around ? 300 with the blower, it needed 100 bucks worth of parts I just sold 3 garden tractors last year this one included, before I got the part time job

View attachment 1715143753

At the time this was referred to as "the fleet". The Green sears blower was a complete POS. "On paper" it is the same as my present Ariens, same HP same chute size, and the Ariens will run circles around it......literally
View attachment 1715143755

The failed rear mount blower project.............would have worked if I'd had about 20hp instead of 10. Those single stange blowers use up a LOT of power
View attachment 1715143756

View attachment 1715143757
Damn!! I have an SS16, was My late Uncle's, runs but needs a few things including Me to put all the patches I've already made for the deck in to finish it. Got a
back-up gearbox for it, the one in it is jumpin' out of reverse, & that plastic dash is falling apart...lol.....

Last edited:
I have a Farmall M with a Farmhand F-10 loader-the one with cables to operate the bucket. It has an 8 1/2 foot wide bucket that is useful for a whole lotta stuff, both carrying and lifting. Swapped a 318 into a Cordoba in about an hour all by myself! I also have on OLD F-12 Farmall that my dad put an Onan 13 horse air-cooled twin into. That engine is so light you can drive it with one finger! I let little kids drive it because third gear is about walking speed.

I have a Farmall M with a Farmhand F-10 loader-the one with cables to operate the bucket. It has an 8 1/2 foot wide bucket that is useful for a whole lotta stuff, both carrying and lifting. Swapped a 318 into a Cordoba in about an hour all by myself! I also have on OLD F-12 Farmall that my dad put an Onan 13 horse air-cooled twin into. That engine is so light you can drive it with one finger! I let little kids drive it because third gear is about walking speed.

The two "best money" I've ever spent was the little Farmall and my 2 post hoist

Here, the Farmall is "guiding" the cherry picker for an engine

img_1075cs-jpg-jpg.jpg

Used the 2 post and Farmall, junked out this rolled Dakota. Only straight panels on the entire thing was the rear gate and front/ rear bumpers

img_1070cs-jpg.jpg

img_1072cs-jpg.jpg

Buddy got a nice little farmall M
And proceeded to destroy it.
Left the can off the exhaust pipe and siezed the engine. Thats 2 or 3 now. Rain caps are cheap.

Buddy got a nice little farmall M
And proceeded to destroy it.
Left the can off the exhaust pipe and siezed the engine
. Thats 2 or 3 now. Rain caps are cheap.

Here is a story from the old days you just will not believe, but I swear it is true..........

My dad saw a plow sitting in a field, had been there a long time. The owner told Dad "you can buy it cheap BUT YOU MUST TAKE IT ALL". There was an old dump rake, an old harrow, and this Case, I forget what model. THERE WAS NO EXHAUST and no cover. The manifold came up, and had a drain hole in the bottom. That was enough to somehow protect the engine over 20 some years or more that it had sat there. We got it running in the early seventies. Found a new carb for a 28 Chev and adapted it (updraft) Dad bought a new Wico mag, the old one was bad. The engine was stuck but not bad. We pulled the head and had the valves done which were minor. THE SLEEVES LOOKED NEW. Almost NO rust at all in the engine. Dad found a NOS set of Case decals and painted the thing. Used it several seasons doing spring plowing.

What you see here is around 1976 This thing had a HUGE engine, either it or the M Allis crawler was 318 cubes......in a 4 whanger

case.jpg

Last edited:
I love them, but have been trying to stay away from them as I know I'll get drawn in quick to that hobby.

My dad's family always farmed, but after college and one tour in the Army, instead of going back to farming, he became an appraiser. Dad has always shared his farming background and used to take us to my grandpa's farm as we were growing up; those were good times.

Growing up, dad and mom would take us to the county fair every year and I used to love going to the tractor pulls; even the garden tractor pulls.

One of my neighbors a couple years ago was parking both of his vehicles outside while he had an old tractor in his garage. I know I would be just like that if I got into it, so I try to stay away from them to prevent getting hooked. Later this year I will be getting my dad's cub cadet from my uncle. My dad bought it the same year I was born. I'm really looking forward to that, but I have to make some room first.

Last edited:
-
Back