Who wants a mopar turbo kit?!?!

-
The first kit is done...last biggest challenge was to see if I could make it fit the early driver side waterpump outlet. Unfortunately that just flat out won't work. Just not enough room between the battery tray, lower hose, fan shroud, etc... still hoping to have the car running before winter, but I went back and started my Masters degree so that is what's mainly slowing everything down.

Glad to hear progress. I have had a my battery in the trunk since I build my car, so I totally forget about how tight that is over there, with a battery there.

Yeah, trying to accommodate multiple cars, years, etc...is a time consuming problem. If I only had to make these fit one body, or one year, I could knock one of these out REAL fast!

No cost will be reased until they are through testing and tooled up/ready for sale. Just too many variables that can change cost until it's all sorted out and tooled up.

Just waiting for the snow to melt now to start testing...

I've hesitated to show pics, but the design is pretty solid now so I don't mind showing pictures. The bright green is in an A-body, and the brown is a B-body.

share%203_zpsfapymaym.jpg

Share%202_zpsbz2pp6ky.jpg

Share_zpsacen0e1m.jpg

Share%207_zps7mvfaimg.jpg

Share%204_zpsz3qzomwi.jpg

Share%20DP_zpscolylp0n.jpg

Share%20DP%203_zpsqd8yvjye.jpg

Just waiting for the snow to melt now to start testing...

I've hesitated to show pics, but the design is pretty solid now so I don't mind showing pictures. The bright green is in an A-body, and the brown is a B-body.

View attachment 1714998882

View attachment 1714998883

View attachment 1714998884

View attachment 1714998885

View attachment 1714998886

View attachment 1714998887

View attachment 1714998888
Now here comes all the questions, this is a stock bottom end right? How much boost do you plan to run?

Now here comes all the questions, this is a stock bottom end right? How much boost do you plan to run?
I'll start at 8psi and go up from there. The car is going to be run non intercooled on e85, so I know the fuel will take quite a bit of boost. I've run 23psi with my good pistons/rods in my green car. (still a cast crank).

Yea I understand e as a benefit, but I'd like to street drive the car and stations that carry e85 aren't real plentiful out here in California yet.

Yea I understand e as a benefit, but I'd like to street drive the car and stations that carry e85 aren't real plentiful out here in California yet.
Oh yeah, it'll all work on pump gas, it'll just make more on e85 or race gas.

Oh yeah, it'll all work on pump gas, it'll just make more on e85 or race gas.
Looks really good, can't wait to get my hands on one! Wish winter was gone,but I really can't complain it's 82 degrees here in South Florida. Sorry, don't mean to rub it in.

Looking good... :)
subscribed. is it true that turbos at easier on a bottom end than non turbo h.p. ? have been told they were, due to the rods and stuff being loaded all the time, versus loading and unloading in the engine cycle.

I run 13 psi e85 on my 318 mag efi, non intercooled just like that and I make awesome power.

It's a shame in cali you can't get a little alcohol!

Yes, a turbo is MUCH easier on parts to make power with. Not only does the piston maintain more pressure on the exhaust stroke (which is easier on rods/rod bolts), but more importantly you end up running a lot less timing on a turbo motor. As max pressure gets near TDC, it just tries to push the crank straight out the bottom of the block, rather then rotating the crank. Turbo (or any boosted motor), runs less timing, so the peak pressure is later. That means the crank angle larger, so you have forces that create more rotation (and less force against the main caps).

My personal motor is a cast crank/stock block 360. It does have good rods and pistons in it, but obviously the crank especially isn't anything special. The car has been a best of 9.55@144mph at 3740lbs on 23psi of boost.

So we'll see how much a truely stock bottom end will take, but I'm guessing the pistons are the limiting factor more then anything.

Yes, a turbo is MUCH easier on parts to make power with. Not only does the piston maintain more pressure on the exhaust stroke (which is easier on rods/rod bolts), but more importantly you end up running a lot less timing on a turbo motor. As max pressure gets near TDC, it just tries to push the crank straight out the bottom of the block, rather then rotating the crank. Turbo (or any boosted motor), runs less timing, so the peak pressure is later. That means the crank angle larger, so you have forces that create more rotation (and less force against the main caps).

My personal motor is a cast crank/stock block 360. It does have good rods and pistons in it, but obviously the crank especially isn't anything special. The car has been a best of 9.55@144mph at 3740lbs on 23psi of boost.

So we'll see how much a truely stock bottom end will take, but I'm guessing the pistons are the limiting factor more then anything.
So now I wonder will my stock bottom end ( except forged piston) hold up to that much boost with race gas. Are you running a block girdle?

What's the compression on your motor?

Are you running head studs or main studs?

-
Back