Who wants a mopar turbo kit?!?!

-
Can't wait to see this.....I want to see the Introduction Price, and contents

I'm interested....what manifolds do I need to start looking for? Currently the car has TTI headers and a 340 ....and how much will the kit cost in Canadian dollars .....JK

Perfect I just dropped this home a few weeks ago for another car

IMG_0665.JPG

Yea magnum pickups seem to be plentiful at wrecking yards and being parted out on personal ad's lately in my area so I've just been waiting.

Yes you can use the a body driver manifold, but they are very hard to come by. My kit does work with power steering...

Very nice! Thought it was manual only. Good selling point. I ditched power steering, it was a pain with all the hot pipes. You've done good work.

Are you testing the Demon's set-up with the Thermoquad in the pic? Or is the T-Quad just for mock-up? Thanks.

share%203_zpsfapymaym.jpg

My 360 recently took a dump and I have a roller-cam 318 LA coming down the line (along with the original non-roller 318 I took out of my '70 Duster) so a turbo build is now a much closer reality...

My 360 recently took a dump and I have a roller-cam 318 LA coming down the line (along with the original non-roller 318 I took out of my '70 Duster) so a turbo build is now a much closer reality...
Khalid ,he's on YouTube,under the same avatar handle....Good stuff.

Yes you can use the a body driver manifold, but they are very hard to come by. My kit does work with power steering...

Starting to make me wish I hadn't shitcanned my stock manifolds...such is life. I could probably find more if I needed to though.

Oh yeah, still going on...just waiting for spring here in Michigan to start testing.
Dizuster, I have see your 360 Turbo Savoy on Youtube. Awesome car, but i have not seen much on your engine combination.
Are you running a hydraulic roller cam or flat tappet cam and what lift and lobe separation and are the heads ported? I have a Plymouth Roadrunner and having a problem finding a decent 440 block. But i have a .60 over 318 and the idea of turbocharging it fascinates me.

Its spring already, what happens?

It would be nice to get an update!
I think these guys are from Michigan.
But if their weather is anything like Ohio's weather, It Seems like it's Raining Every Stinking Day.
I'm sure their test time is limited.

Dunno about Turbo, but I was recently checking out Paxton superchargers for Carbed Small Block Mopar...

Dunno about Turbo, but I was recently checking out Paxton superchargers for Carbed Small Block Mopar...

I like the simplicity of a supercharger, but it seems that anything for Mopar is around $5,000-$6,000.

Dizuster said he is trying to make these kits cheaper than the supercharger kits that are out, or he would scrap the idea if he couldn't.

Build your own.... To many it seems overwhelming but there are so many resources out there today that if you have some fabrication skills then it will come together easier than you think.... Part of what would make something like this nice is the tech support but there again support options are readily available for this also.....

JW

Hardest part is the hot section. And the alternator relocate is fun. I'd imagine a hot section kit wouldn't take much time after the first design to build in bulk. If I could do it over I wouldn't have gone with stainless exhaust. Too many flex bellows, purging pipe with argon, worry about cracking pipes. Mild steel and magnum truck manifolds is the way to go. It's going to be wrapped anyway. The downpipe from the turbo is a hard part to make for sale without providing a turbo and a wastegate so flex joints are a must and fitment is complicated with a 3" pipe between the trans and firewall.

Dizuster, I have see your 360 Turbo Savoy on Youtube. Awesome car, but i have not seen much on your engine combination.
Are you running a hydraulic roller cam or flat tappet cam and what lift and lobe separation and are the heads ported? I have a Plymouth Roadrunner and having a problem finding a decent 440 block. But i have a .60 over 318 and the idea of turbocharging it fascinates me.

Google "dizuster build" he has posted his combo all over

One of the first returns on google is from the yellowbullet website where he seems to post quite a bit. Very worthwhile to read through his many posts there, and learn from his R&D :icon_fU:

Hardest part is the hot section. And the alternator relocate is fun. I'd imagine a hot section kit wouldn't take much time after the first design to build in bulk. If I could do it over I wouldn't have gone with stainless exhaust. Too many flex bellows, purging pipe with argon, worry about cracking pipes. Mild steel and magnum truck manifolds is the way to go. It's going to be wrapped anyway. The downpipe from the turbo is a hard part to make for sale without providing a turbo and a wastegate so flex joints are a must and fitment is complicated with a 3" pipe between the trans and firewall.

I totally agree with your thoughts and you have done it already so you're a step ahead of me lol.... It was the intention of doing this to my 72 this winter coming up but life changed and so it goes....

Personally for me I would try to go under the back of the motor with the crossover pipe. It would take time to fabricate it but that's the direction I would head.... As for the down pipe, it would be no more than a 3" but I am okay with using a 3 bolt turbo there would be more than adequate power to be obtained and get thrown out of any track just because of the safety requirements (or in my case, lack there of lol.)

Selling something like this is tough. You need to have a way to fabricate in house IMO and that ain't cheap. Stack on top of that the limited number of units that will be sold and it would turn into a labor of love more than solid cashflow. Ain't no doubt that the OP of this deal is flying with his own equipment....

JW

-
Back