Who Wants to Answer Some Questions For me For My Class Tonight?!

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have an assignment due in class tonight which requires a 2-3page paper as well.
These questions pertain to religion as well.
Well, here are the questions.
1. Who is Jesus Christ?
2. What do you think about the Church? (That's the Church overall)

That's it. Feel free to leave an answer whether you're religious or not, your opinions are very appreciated!!
Not trying to get any arguments started or try to get someone "converted" and what not.
Just want peoples opinions and answers.
Thanks everyone!! Oh yeah, if you could also leave your first name, that would be great too.

Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

The church as a whole sucks hind tit.

Rob

Why do you believe the church sucks?

The same reasons that Jesus did. Organized religion is a sham and a farce for the most part. Now, when I say "church" I mean the large entities such as The United Methodist Church, or The Southern Baptist Convention. Not the little independant country churches. But some of them are self serving too.

I was raised as a lutheran i was confirmed a lutheran at 16 the pastor and his wife were true germans they cared about the congregation,my father and others helped build the church [buildings] soon the old pastor passed away the wife went back up north and a new pastor took over full of vigor he ran off most of the older followers drew in younger/richer followers,my father laid on his death bed in the hospital the pastor came to visit and ask my mother for an offering she threw him out after a verbal *** whoopin. Point of this is that church was a place of worship and fellowship back long ago now it's just another way into your pocket/bank account.I am not a religious person i beleve in god an such but i don't go to church [in the bible somewhere it says your body is a temple] if so why go to church it's with ya all the time.

Organized religion as a whole has been the root of most wars all through history.

Google up "the inquisition," or the "holy crusades" and even in WWII and other wars, or Bush's late Iraq thing, mention was made alluding to "God was on our side."

Right this second, the Jews, the Chistians, and Muslams and Buddists cannot get along, one way, or the other in parts of the world.

Jesus was mostly a peaceful guy, but Mohammed was a Murderous son of a *****, who roamed large areas of the countryside burning, raping, maiming and killing, in the name of the almighty.

Of course that has not stopped some of the REST of us from using God or Christ as an excuse to "go to war." After all, he IS on our side

Google should be your best friend.. and who assigns this kinda hw anyway

Jesus Christ is the Son of God, equal with God, and with authority from the Father “Then they all said, ‘Are You then the Son of God?’ So He said to them, ‘You rightly say that I am’” (Luke 22:70). “For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother" (Matthew 12:50). “Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, ‘All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth’” (Matthew 28:18). “Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God” (John 5:17-22). Bear in mind that while a man claiming to be God is a radical thought, Jesus is the only leader of a world religion to have made the claim –not to mention backed it up. How? Keep reading…esus Christ lived a sinless life “Can any one of you convict me of a single misleading word, a single sinful act? But if I'm telling the truth, why don't you believe me?” (John 8:46, The Message).esus had the ability to sin; if He weren’t able to sin, He could not have been tempted genuinely and would be unable to be our sympathetic High Priest (Hebrews 4:15). When He was tempted, He always rebuked the thought with scripture (Luke 4:1-13). Because He didn’t sin, God was able to accept His sacrifice. 1 Peter 3:18 says, “Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit.”

"1. Who is Jesus Christ?
2. What do you think about the Church? (That's the Church overall)"

Simple, but look behind the words-
Jesus Christ is who to whom-
The son of God to christians, another proffet (sp?) to the muslims, what exactly to the jews...?

Second, is simply an opinion with an easy look up on the web as to what you want to base your opinion on. This question is what your professor is really interested in:
the church is bad because of:
experience_____, the horrors accomplished by the (catholic) church in the name of God,
{my personal opinion is that horrors are committed in the name of anything}
it judges people, and yet they are hypocrites....
many reasons...

or is good because of :

the do good philosophy makes good neighbors,
charity help to the poor and others
creates structure to some social groups with _______ positive results,
personal experience___________,
{same any organization can do good as well in the name of______}

or both if you need filler
philosophical questions do not need raw data to fill in your essay but references siting facts is the OLD SCHOOL English requirement in years gone by
You could type it all up in twenty minutes with your feelings based on what you know

If you were a faithful insightful christian, you might ask yourself whether or no your professor is looking for some philosophy of his/her own-granting you an opportunity to witness to them. Bible thumping and You should do this...in order to...REALLY PISSES PEOPLE OFF THOUGH-either judging someone or elitism-ing (grammar)anybody is a sure fire mistake no matter what outlook or social structure

Hey Duster, it's for my Developing a Missional Church class. The point is to really see how people feel about Christ and the Church and try to come up with ways to reach them to show what the true Church should be like...not a bunch of Joel Osteen garbage.
The Church itself has grown inward, only worrying about itself and not the world around it that Jesus commanded us to go and reach for God's Kingdom. Matthew 28:16-20 The Great Commission.

Christ was a nice Jewish boy who got in over his head and found out that sometimes it's not good to buck the syatem. That mistake cost him his life.
I don't have much use for Churches as we know them and think that if Christ came back today he would be appalled at all that has been done in his name. After all, he was a devout Jew and wasn't trying to start a new religion, he just wanted the rabbinate to adhere a little closer to the Jewish laws of the time.

to reach them to show what the true Church should be

That's usually established with

dialogue initially, (lots of listening, patience, keeping your trap shut)

questions about beliefs/philosophy,

and then a key question about their faith/lack thereof

You would have to work hard NOT to be insulting or come off as a salesman.

this is where most witnessing drops off at

-and if anybody was interested, I am a christian, but I am not going to force anything down your throat, argue, EVER ASK FOR MONEY, judge or any of that crap - i am just another guy like anybody else
simply leave sleeping snakes lie (not f' with them) and only give my PHILOSOPHICAL opinion when asked
-but if the baby's ugly, call it like you see it or keep your mouth shut

GreyMouser I completely agree with you. Too many people are out (if they do go out) to win numbers instead of friends and hearts.
I'm with you, that, I don't go out and try to make enemies by stuffing Jesus down everyone I come in contact with's throat.
I work at a weld/job shop and most of the guys there are pretty vulgar etc etc. They know I'm a Christian and going to school for pastoral ministries and counseling but do they hold back from cracking lewd jokes, cursing, being themselves...Nope nor do I expect them to. I laugh with them and I even go and hang out with them....they are my friends and I think that's the way Jesus intended for things to be to reach others.....to be there with them and for them. I don't tell them that they shouldn't be like that...it's not my job to. When and if they ask my opinion, then I give it to them. Which usually starts out, (jokingly)"Jeremy, you being a 'Man of the Cloth', what do you think about......? I usually start my answer with laughter. Jesus went out to the multitudes and Paul became all things to all men that one may be saved.

I can't answer those questions but I do believe organized religion is a sham. Money is all that is wanted. It is and was a way to control the populations as well. Anyone that has fallen in its grasp is in bad shape.

On the other hand the older I get the less I believe there is a "God". Why I have no clue. I guess its cause I'm getting older in age and don't have that child like fear I once had. But oh no I will be cast in a pit of fire!! I didn't ask to be here... alive... a being... a life.... so now if I don't follow his rules then I will burn. WTF is up with that? How about a refund?

2. What do you think about the Church? (That's the Church overall)"

There is the mistake. If you read the bible you will find it refers to the Church as the Body of Christ. People think the Church is a building but Bibically it is the members.

Below pretty well sums it up.

The Church Is The Body Of Christ
All who acknowledge the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord belong to His Body, which is the Church.

ROMANS 10:9 NKJ
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

COLOSSIANS 1:24 NKJ
24 . . . the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,

1 CORINTHIANS 12:27 NKJ
27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.

EPHESIANS 5:30 NKJ
30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones.

But oh no I will be cast in a pit of fire!! I didn't ask to be here... alive... a being... a life.... so now if I don't follow his rules then I will burn. WTF is up with that? How about a refund?

Lol, yeah Mullinax, that's how I feel sometimes. :protest:
However, it all comes down to having faith that there's a God who loves us and wants to have a relationship with us.

Very interesting view's on here: WOW

Who is Jesus??? He is exactly who he said he was"The SON OF GOD"

The Church???? The church age has ended and these buildings are full of apostates,Only a few TRUE churches remain just as the bible predicted it would happen

SRTDART---GOD BLESS YOU and mullianx95 I'll say a prayer for you tonight at my bible study

Money is all that is wanted. It is and was a way to control the populations as well.

you know a great example for your belief is that purple haired older lady on the God channel

SHE PISSES ME OFF TO NO END

all she ever says in every eight words is give us money

in their oak and cherry plush furnishings

-i would be more apt to believe them if they were in a trailor, simply dressed clean, maybe dressed up

but any organization has bad apples though its just the zealots that ruin it for everyone else

sometimes, when i am angry or feeling mean, I AM THAT GUY to a bunch of chevy/mustang wannabe's- simply pissing in their cherrios and blowin' out there candle until i smilin' for a week

hell, i called strokerscamp a rerod just the other day!

I agree with Oklacarcollecto.....that's what I mean to say, I should have worded that better..."What do you think of the Body of Christ?"
Just that some people who are outside of the "Church" may be a little weirded out when I'm asking them about the body of Christ. LOL. I can hear and see the reactions now....what the heck, are some kind of sicko asking about christ's body.
No,no, that's not what I meant. LOL
Well, I think that's funny.
But yeah, totally on board with you Okla!

Now as far as what the modern version of "Church" doesn't follow the Bible because most of them are money hungry, fail to reach out as to the non-believers and fail to share their wealth with the truely needy. Most of them don't go out to places where they are uncomfortable and possibly dangerous. They stay pretty much with their own type and social status in their associations. There is no need to save the saved but there is need to feed the saved with the word of God so they can go out in the world and save the unsaved.

Above is what I refer to as canned Church.

The Bible says, where two or more are gathered in my name I am there also.

Thanks Swifter!! Yeah Mouser, agree with you.

Guys, you really need to watch this Youtube vid, lighten things up....funny as crap
The screaming and farting preacher.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W51STsKkUo"]The Screaming Farting Preacher - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty awesome!

I agree with Oklacarcollecto.....that's what I mean to say, I should have worded that better..."What do you think of the Body of Christ?"
Just that some people who are outside of the "Church" may be a little weirded out when I'm asking them about the body of Christ. LOL. I can hear and see the reactions now....what the heck, are some kind of sicko asking about christ's body.
No,no, that's not what I meant. LOL
Well, I think that's funny.
But yeah, totally on board with you Okla!

Religion is a touchy subject. I am old school when country and small town churches really did reach out in the community. Pastors worked jobs like the rest of the people. They were in touch with reality for the most part. Give me a small home grown church any day of the week over the TV churches.

-
Back