Who wants to relocate their springs?

-

Dusted_Ya

Reaction score
Going to start fabricating my spring relocator brackets and I'm looking for 5 people to help beta test. I'm thinking about two versions. One will be a stock to mild performance version that simply bolts in for people with limited fab experience and a race version that bolts in place then welds to subframe for added strength. The nice thing about either one is if you don't have a welder you could install then drive to a welder! Email me at [email protected] for questions, suggestions etc.

DSCF1506.jpg

so what exactly are you asking of people?

I have my springs relocated inward already....if you are looking for someone to test fit your relocated fab work just let me know and I will let you know how it fits....that is if that is what your trying to accomplish?

so what exactly are you asking of people?

I have my springs relocated inward already....if you are looking for someone to test fit your relocated fab work just let me know and I will let you know how it fits....that is if that is what your trying to accomplish?

If yours are already done why change it? Are you not happy with what you did?

Nice idea,but by the looks of the spring eye,your about 2 inches lower than the stock position.Does your car sit alittle higher now?

car pics 66 Dart 097.jpg

well, you posted this thread twice...probably by accident. But I just don't see how that will work...the mounting point is way lower.. lol

Nice idea,but by the looks of the spring eye,your about 2 inches lower than the stock position.Does your car sit alittle higher now?

Yes it raises the rear end of the car about 1.25" which I suppose could be corrected with a 1" lowering block but I like the looks.

Yes it raises the rear end of the car about 1.25" which I suppose could be corrected with a 1" lowering block but I like the looks.

I am not sure how that would equate to raising the rear only 1.25 inches. It looks like it would raise the rear a lot more as that mounting location appears to be at least 3 to 4 inches lower than the factory mounting point.

What is the pinion angle when all is said and done?

Please do not misunderstand my questions, I think it is a great concept. I just wonder about pinion angle and ride height. Do you have any pictures of this on a car?

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

I am not sure how that would equate to raising the rear only 1.25 inches. It looks like it would raise the rear a lot more as that mounting location appears to be at least 3 to 4 inches lower than the factory mounting point.

What is the pinion angle when all is said and done?

Please do not misunderstand my questions, I think it is a great concept. I just wonder about pinion angle and ride height. Do you have any pictures of this on a car?

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

That's why I posted it here first. I want to see if I can answer everyones questions... without getting stumped myself. The front shackle is about 2.50" lower but the rear shackle remains the same height so the centerline of the tire only moves 1/2 of the 2.50" or 1.25" and like I said the offset height could be corrected or even lowered more using a 1-2" block between the spring perches and the leaf spring pad. As for the pinion angle correction, I had to relocate the leaf spring pad on the axle tubes anyways so I installed the springs in their new locations with new polygraphite bushings and shackles, then put the axle housing back on the springs with the spring pads not welded up yet. Centered everything and adjusted my pinion angle to exactly where I wanted it with tires and wheels on and all the weight on the springs and then tack welded the spring pads on all four corners, double checked everything then welded up. As for pics I didn't document it very well but I'll try to send the pics that I have. Plus these pics actually show the second generation brackets. The first set I designed and built didn't line up the left and right sides as well as I'd hoped. The second gen. was fabbed using a jig I built to ensure accurate alignment. The third gen that I'm working on now is simply more cosmetically appealing.

DSCF1547.jpg

Oh yea here's a pic without motor, tranny, radiator and no bumpers. this allows use of a 49" flange to flange rear end (custom built).

DSCF1549.jpg

-
Back