Who's the "FABO E-Bay Feed" guy?

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Who's the "FABO E-bay feed" person trying to sell us parts? If we ignore him may-be he will go away. toolman

Who's the "FABO E-bay feed" person trying to sell us parts? If we ignore him may-be he will go away. toolman

Now that someone else brings it up - I think it's a shame that he posts a bunch of stuff on Ebay first without offering it to forum members first. Sounds like a scheme to squeeze a few more dollars from some people. :angry7:

I am glad he is keeping an eye out on E-Bay for us here.
Thank you Boss 8)

Now that someone else brings it up - I think it's a shame that he posts a bunch of stuff on Ebay first without offering it to forum members first. Sounds like a scheme to squeeze a few more dollars from some people. :angry7:

I don't think its him selling the stuff, he finds it on ebay and post it here in case any of use want it. I glad he does. I bought some used carpet for my Barracuda I didn't know was on ebay until he posted it here. So thanks....who ever you are:cheers:

I don't think its him selling the stuff, he finds it on ebay and post it here in case any of use want it. I glad he does. I bought some used carpet for my Barracuda I didn't know was on ebay until he posted it here. So thanks....who ever you are:cheers:
Exactly, I see it as a tool for us and it might help with sponsorship $.

It`s not Joeys auctions but items he finds that may be useful for us. I haven`t bought from these listings but I do find the ads that come up on the right of the screen from Ebay feeds are often times helpful. I`ve bought a couple things off Ebay that I saw here first.

WOW! So you think it a shame that he's tryin to make a buck?

A scheme? For what? A few crappy dollors and crap sold? You gotta be kidding me!

If such the case, remember, do not make a profit when you sell your house, you'll be in the same boat as he is that you put him in. That is unless you offer the house to FABO members at a cut rate price. (AKA $$$ Loss)

I dont have a problem with them. He is just finding stuff on e-bay and listing it for others to see.... alot like many of us do. Weird ? nope.

-RPM

It`s not Joeys auctions but items he finds that may be useful for us. I haven`t bought from these listings but I do find the ads that come up on the right of the screen from Ebay feeds are often times helpful. I`ve bought a couple things off Ebay that I saw here first.

this makes more sense, thanks for clearing it up.

WOW! So you think it a shame that he's tryin to make a buck?

A scheme? For what? A few crappy dollors and crap sold? You gotta be kidding me!

If such the case, remember, do not make a profit when you sell your house, you'll be in the same boat as he is that you put him in. That is unless you offer the house to FABO members at a cut rate price. (AKA $$$ Loss)

Even though I now know they aren't his auctions, let's assume they were. He puts all his ebay auctions up, then sends us the link? Why not try to sell them here, instead of having members here bidding against other unknowns for an item that could have been brought and sold on FABO much easier and without hassle to the buyer. But like I said, it's a moot point now that I understand they aren't his auctions.

No good deed goes unpunished....seems like Joey is being nice enough to look out for a-body parts on ebay and letting us members know about them. Thank you Joey.

I think he's doing us a service alerting us to parts available on e-bay.
He doesn't have to do this, and he isn't asking for a finder's fee, so what's the problem? It's just like the guys who alert us to cars and parts on craigslist etc.
Some people read too much into everything IMO.
Tom.

DAM you guys would Betch if someone cut your cake and feed it too ya i know i have seen parts on eBay that people was looking for but didn't know how to put it on here I"M glad i didn't now!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, I see it as a tool for us and it might help with sponsorship $.

Think you nailed it bud. I was wondering about this and came to the conclusion that Joey has struck a deal with eBay to list auctions that we would find interesting in return for $$ to keep the site running. I'd much rather see postings from FABO eBay feed than a prompt telling me I had to cough up X amount of dollars before I could sign in. It can't be cheap to keep enough servers running to cover the traffic generated by the membership we have. Personally, I think Joey deserves a big thumbs up for doing what it takes to keep the site free so cheapskates like me can come here and spout our drivel. :thumbrig:

Some people on here never cease to amaze me with their attitude/opinions.

Gift ideas? Office space - Jump to conclusion doormat

Think you nailed it bud. I was wondering about this and came to the conclusion that Joey has struck a deal with eBay to list auctions that we would find interesting in return for $$ to keep the site running. I'd much rather see postings from FABO eBay feed than a prompt telling me I had to cough up X amount of dollars before I could sign in. It can't be cheap to keep enough servers running to cover the traffic generated by the membership we have. Personally, I think Joey deserves a big thumbs up for doing what it takes to keep the site free so cheapskates like me can come here and spout our drivel. :thumbrig:

Well said :-D:toothy10: spout our drivel, You talking about me :-D

Sorry that is not true items don't always sell on FABO. I offered a bunch of stuff earlier on FABO, sold some and had no interest on the rest for a couple of weeks, So I put it on E-bay and I hope he post some of the e-bay stuff for me on FABO.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Only complaint I got is I tried to contact him to see how he does the link and he won't return the messages.:angry7::angry7::angry7:

Sorry that is not true items don't always sell on FABO. I offered a bunch of stuff earlier on FABO, sold some and had no interest on the rest for a couple of weeks, So I put it on E-bay and I hope he post some of the e-bay stuff for me on FABO.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Only complaint I got is I tried to contact him to see how he does the link and he won't return the messages.:angry7::angry7::angry7:

I`m taking a guess, but I thought the parts selected for a spot here were chosen randomly.

I'm sure it's well meant to tip us A-body guys about stuff that's available on ebay. Only trouble I have with it is that it kinda takes the fun out of hunting for good deals on ebay when the auctions are linked to this forum where thousands of other A-body guys can see them and make a go for it without even looking..

Dumb question ... if some of you guys are looking for stuff to buy on ebarf shouldn't you be looking on ebarf for them instead of sitting on here and bitching at those bitching about it ???

I think he,s doing us all a favour,afterall they are A-body parts for sale!It,s his site and can do as he pleases.If it helps the site..great!If you don,t like them?Don,t look!

-
Back