Why are there so few blown small blocks?

-
That's true lol, well that's why you get two tunes, one low boost for street and high for race lol

Well there’s about to be one more blown small block. Here’s my Billet 671 going atop my 408. Maybe next summer.
Waiting on Max Wedge Performance for my manifold.

5BE36F95-3C60-422C-9F9E-EDDE0B3914C8.jpeg

9AFF9230-8517-4EA1-911E-689E87C187B2.jpeg

254EEDF0-1D9E-4483-A950-BC901AC8D9B0.jpeg

I could probably get by without notching because my engine is 2" forward (long story). I also sectioned 2" out of the firewall around the tunnel. It turned out ok I still have 50/50 weight distribution and I can easily get to the bellhousing bolts from the engine bay.
Wow! THAT'S Killer! How did that happen?

A pic of my car with front end installed. My favorite pic. The reason I had to move my engine up 2" and 2" forward is because of my poor engineering skills when I designed my new K for installation for my Lamb struts and R&P steering. My rear sump deep truck oil pan was almost dragging the ground. I had to raise the engine and section the deep pan to get it 3+ inches off the ground. I also extended the sump to just behind the rack to add more oil capacity. The amazing thing is that even with the heavy blower and moving the engine forward I still ended up with 50/50 weight distribution. Now that I'm going back to NA config I should have more than 50% on the rear.

IMG_3699SCR.PNG

A pic of my car with front end installed. My favorite pic. The reason I had to move my engine up 2" and 2" forward is because of my poor engineering skills when I designed my new K for installation for my Lamb struts and R&P steering. My rear sump deep truck oil pan was almost dragging the ground. I had to raise the engine and section the deep pan to get it 3+ inches off the ground. I also extended the sump to just behind the rack to add more oil capacity. The amazing thing is that even with the heavy blower and moving the engine forward I still ended up with 50/50 weight distribution. Now that I'm going back to NA config I should have more than 50% on the rear.

View attachment 1715947959

What did this car run with the blower on it?

What did this car run with the blower on it?
Unfortunately I only got 2 passes and neither were very good. I didn't even keep the time slips. I ran up against a family imposed age limit and didn't see any sense in working on it further. I'm going to go back to NA with carb and probably put the race car up for sale. It should run hi 9's with the single carb configuration.

Most and I said most blower cars are more show than go. People think they are cool on the street and can beat anything around but they rarely hit the track because the owner is actually embarrassed and knows he is going to get his butt kicked. Especially with a small block. We had a speed shop owner years ago pour his heart into his big block furd with a blower and it made a lot of noise and ran high 8’s in a lightweight mustang. But then again they got the “WOW” factor going for them.

I have seen one 6-71 blown 440 make passes at the race track, and NO roots blown small block Mopar.
The one blown 440 was singularly unimpressive. 11.80s at 3500 static altitude, if memory serves. Agree with PBR, most Roots on the street are eyewash. You can tell by looking at the blower pulleys. If the blower isn't overdriven 10%, it's loud eyewash.

Lots of blowers on smallblock Chevys because Chevy guys are poser / wankers. :)

Most blowers I see are on old man cars like model A’s, coupes, rat/street rods, etc. If ya put it on somethin meant for business like a fastback ‘cuda, now then you’ll really have somethin. :)

They for sure have the cool and wow factor. Glad I went with a pair of twin instead. Wouldn't mind a blower car at one time, and under drive it with that awesome lope they have.

20200928_104140.jpg

I remember the Dick Landy blowers you use to be able to get back in the day. Once in a blue moon one will pop up on FABO.

-
Back