WHY DO WE UPGRADE OUR SUSPENSION

Bergman Auto Craft

1. RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod Weenie idiot loser. FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    3:46 AM
    I don't plan on using it without a front, plus, I lowered the car in the rear with 1" lowering blocks. It has the XHD +1" and they were a little too high for me. Now it sits just right. But you're right, sometimes, especially with a light car, a bar on the back is overkill. It's gonna get one on the rear, I just need to be careful about the size.

2. BergmanAutoCraft

BergmanAutoCraft FABO Vendor FABO Vendor

Local Time:
    Most of the time this is true. They are huge variables here from mileage, type of usage and these days which offshore supplier you choose. Back in the day, under regular usage, they didn't last that long, hence my comment, lots of front end shops got pretty rich..

3. BergmanAutoCraft

Local Time:
    What you don't see is in the parts package. Basically, its a bolt through the frame with a larger hole on one side for an anti crush tube. This along with a spacer to sandwich a sleeve inside the eye bushing allow the round end rotate under suspension motion.

4. BergmanAutoCraft

Local Time:
    An alignment is an hourly job like anything else. Unfortunately, shops sometimes don't charge this way.

5. BergmanAutoCraft

Local Time:

6. BergmanAutoCraft

Local Time:
    I would venture to guess mopar guys don't need a rear bar. Its very common to have high ride height and/or springs in the rear that are too high rate. The best thing to do is test. If you are lucky enough to be able to drive in a large circle with increasing speed, you will find which end lets go first

• Agree Agree x 1
    • ir3333

ir3333 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      2:46 AM
      and the exact same thing happened to me Rusty...i bought my springs from Laura (Espo?) and asked for stock height.I think she second guessed me and sent 1" over which made the car sit too high.
      I lowered mine by making new front mounts and drilling the spring hole 1" higher to lower the car.
      I believe it was 3 1/2" square stock with 3/16" wall thickness...a perfect fit for our mopar springs.

• GMachineDartGT

GMachineDartGT Senior Member

Local Time:
      That worked out to be a good thing. You just did the “geometry correction” that some of the big guys do.

• RustyRatRod

Local Time:
      I traded for mine with a member here who was gracious enough to see I needed springs. I knew they over the XHD ride height already and tried them. They looked cool, but for practical reasons, I used some 1" blocks and now it sits perfect.

• Like Like x 1
      • RustyRatRod

Local Time:
        You may well be correct. At the height I have the car now, it's probably a 50/50 shot. And yeah, I got a real good place to do just that. I'll have to try it out when I get the glass back in it.

• Cranky

Cranky Banned and proud

Local Time:
        2:46 AM
        I've found some cars where you could get more camber than some others.

My 71 340 came with the factory front and rear bars still on it when I bought it in late 86 and with good bushings etc. It was a bit loose but I like them that way. A car that pushes pisses me off lol. My 92 318 reg cab short box Dakota had lots of push in it but a good stab on the loud pedal usually induced way more tail happiness than anyone would care to have. Funny how the same size Dakota with a V6 handles so much better with less weight on the nose....especially with 255-65-15 GY Eagles on 8" wheels. Front bar only.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.