Why I can't buy a Tesla

-
Like this?

02996861-65E2-4AEF-BAC5-F59B0B132341.jpeg

It's a gimmick that the taxpayers have to contribute too. Here in Canada anyone who buys one get a 12,500 credit from our Gov (meaning us) to the cost of these cars. So you're paying for one whether you own one or not.
So the big question is "What is it going to do the hydro grid"? In the Summer we are asked to turn the a/c up a bit to try and conserve energy. I understand the batteries are good for around 10 yrs and are very costly. So is the average guy going to replace the battery or go out and buy another one and what happens to the old car and the old batteries. Will they go to a landfill or be recycled.
Another thing is these cars average around 400 miles or Km whatever it is and takes at least 30 minutes to recharge. So if you're on a trip that means every 400 miles you are forced to stop regardless and recharge for 30.
A normal car takes maybe 5 minutes to fill the tank and you're on your way.
Lots to think about.
Yes, there are already many brownouts. Our electric infrastructure is going to be hurting badly.

I Will Gladly! Once YOU Choke down some of that SWILL IN THAT battery...
Huh? Swill? It's a metal. And like most metals it's poisonous to consume. Like aluminum, titanium, mercury ect.. if even possible to consume. If Swallowed? It would just there in your stomach.

That's an extreme example. Another extreme is 400 miles in a less than 30 minutes on a supercharger.
That is still about 8 times what it takes me to get a tank of gas

(And I chose that example because it uses a typical wall charger, something half the street could do without blowing out the grid)

I know it's sad that our beloved cars are being out paced by new technologies. But that happens all the time.

Huh? Swill? It's a metal. And like most metals it's poisonous to consume. Like aluminum, titanium, mercury ect.. if even possible to consume. If Swallowed? It would just there in your stomach.
No, I mean the chemical concoction. Just like you asked me to drink 10w30, you drink the battery juice.. it was about The Earth, Remember? Thank You!

Tesla? Hey I have a question or two. Does the a/c compressor run off it's own electric motor? How much power does that consume and how good does it work? Same with the heater. Toaster ribbons take a bit of current It's -20° outside and the heater had better be designed with some overkill or I am going to freeze. Heated seats and wheel only do so much.

Tesla? Hey I have a question or two. Does the a/c compressor run off it's own electric motor? How much power does that consume and how good does it work? Same with the heater. Toaster ribbons take a bit of current It's -20° outside and the heater had better be designed with some overkill or I am going to freeze. Heated seats and wheel only do so much.
Man, I remember when I got my 02 4door Ram. Mack daddy stuff! I used them Heated seats, as the real glass was broke, and I just paid her off. 85 g new, I was 2nd owner. BUT, I'm in Fl... so.. moot point on my part! Lol

Like any rotating motor? An air-conditioning compressor does take away from overall performance. Heating is also an issue to cold climate usage. They are saying a 20% reduction to accommodate heating in winter months.

Winter months are not advantageous for any ground travels. My Cummins diesel hates cold air. Loves the heat. (However, once warmed? My 440 loves the winter air. Very low humidity and slightly higher oxygen density?) Umm umm good. Just can't expose the car to the road salts.

Like any rotating motor? An air-conditioning compressor does take away from overall performance. Heating is also an issue to cold climate usage. They are saying a 20% reduction to accommodate heating in winter months.

Winter months are not advantageous for any ground travels. My Cummins diesel hates cold air. Loves the heat. (However, once warmed? My 440 loves the winter air. Very low humidity and slightly higher oxygen density?) Umm umm good.
I've never owned a diesel, but, once warmed up, all the rides I've ever owned love the cool air. Yep, denser 02...

I've never owned a diesel, but, once warmed up, all the rides I've ever owned love the cool air. Yep, denser 02...
The problem with diesel? In VERY cold air? -10°f or lower? It never fully warms up. It's why the big rigs just keep them running. Everything hates stupid cold.

That is still about 8 times what it takes me to get a tank of gas

(And I chose that example because it uses a typical wall charger, something half the street could do without blowing out the grid)
That's an extreme example. I believe that most of the population rarely drive 400 in a day, and when they do, they are willing to stop for a half hour. Trips used to have to be planned around the availability of gasoline. Now people plan trips around the availability of charging stations, which are rapidly growing in number.

Winter months are not advantageous for any ground travels. My Cummins diesel hates cold air. Loves the heat. (However, once warmed? My 440 loves the winter air. Very low humidity and slightly higher oxygen density?) Umm umm good. Just can't expose the car to the road salts.
No, please DONT EXPOSE the Mopar to salt!

No, please DONT EXPOSE the Mopar to salt!
Yup. It's just running in the garage. I move it a couple inches to move tires. And that's it for winter fun. Lol. And then we all wait for that one good spring rain to rinse the streets. My motorcycle friends are also on this wait list.

Yup. It's just running in the garage. I move it a couple inches to move tires. And that's it for winter fun. Lol. And then we all wait for that one good spring rain to rinse the streets. My motorcycle friends are also on this wait list.
We get a HotAss Rainy season here... and It's Hot as Heck most months anyways, May to September. Even October is really warm here.

We get a HotAss Rainy season here... and It's Hot as Heck most months anyways, May to September. Even October is really warm here.
Yeah. My jealousy cup runneth over in these winter months.

They say that it just makes more appreciation to summer months? I say. "Loser talk!" The only nice thing is that are summers are not over baring heat repressive. But as I get older? My tolerance for the extreme cold is getting less. And high temps/humidity is not bothering me as bad.

Here is a video that shows where EV tech is today. One car in the video has an 850 mile range!

-
Back