Why I dont drive Fords

-
I've got a 96 Ford F150 4x4, 302 5 speed. I've owned it for years and the ONLY problem I've had with it is the clutch master (in the engine bay) froze and cracked because of the freezing weather, and leaked fluid out. Fixed it, been driving it problem free since then.

Dad bought a 93 Ford F-250 new in 93. four wheel drive, club cab, long bed , 460, C6. That thing was a hoss. Only problem was, when we put an 8 foot Fisher plow on it the front suspension sagged terribly. We had to add 2 leaves to each side so it would handle it. Decided it was time to get a smaller truck so he bought a 97 Dodge 1500 sport new in 97. 4 wheel drive 360, short cab, short box. It was a good truck but we lived in PA on an 85 acre farm and had to do a lot of plowing in the winter. No one around us would put a plow on it for us. The dealer told us it had to be a 3/4 ton with a V8 only. The suspension wouldnt hold up with a V10 or a diesel. So, the only other option was our 97 Tahoe, also 4 wheel drive. We put a Boss V blade plow on it and that thing was very impressive. No suspension problems or anything and had plenty of *** to fly into a 6 foot drift and not miss a beat! Now I'm not a Chevy fan but that thing did very well considering the competition! he has owned chevrolets ever since.

The dealer told us it had to be a 3/4 ton with a V8 only. The suspension wouldnt hold up with a V10 or a diesel.

That is strang. I got my truck from a guy that lived in South Dakota. He had a plow on it and it is a F-250 V-10. Don't know how much he used it though.

I don't think I have ever owned a total POS lemon. Here they are, in the order that I have owned them:

1983 Toyota Corolla SR5
1988 Chev Cavalier Z24 convertible
1989 Olds Eighty-Eight Royale
1988 Chev Beretta
1989 Pontiac 6000 STE
1970 Dodge Dart Swinger
1988 Honda Accord EXi
1997 Pontiac Grand Am
1991 Honda Accord (a)
1991 Honda Accord (b)
2006 Pontiac Vibe
1962 Ford Falcon Station Wagon

I still own the Swinger and the last 3 on the list. The Beretta was the worst... it had an anemic 2.0 litre engine and the sloppiest 5 speed in the history of manual transmissions, but it never gave me any issues.

We bought an '02 Windstar SE new and kept it in the garage from day one. It had 72,000 miles on it when we got rid of it in Sept. 2008. I always maintained it; ran synthetic oil, flushed the coolant, flushed the brakes, kept it waxed, vacumed it out all the time etc. Under warranty the power streering pump had to be replaced because of whining and then the whining came back and dealer couldn't fix it. So I flushed the power steering fluid multiple times and sound never came back. Leaky side door dealer could not fix, had to fix myself. After warranty was up it had all the common problems for that year Windstar like bad EGR Sensor, leaky intake gaskets, sliding door hinge broke, then the ABS module went bad and that is when we took it to car max and sold it to them for $4,000; still shiny and only 72,000 miles on it, zero rust under it etc etc. Ford knew all those defects existed in all those vehicles but decided to screw the customer instead of making it right. No discounts on parts or repairs, just bend over and pay out the butt for defects that should have never been there in the first place. I have bought quite a few brand new Fords over the years but that Windstar was the last one for me. Too much money for something with that many problems.

has anyone heard of what ford is doing to the tailgates of their trucks in cold areas?

they are putting in heaters so that when you have to push them your hands dont get cold. :toothy10:

but every one that i know that has a ford or has had one had nothing but problems with them so i plan to stay away from them thats why i have a mopar.8)

ROFL LOL OMFG That was probably one of the funniest jokes in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a '94 Bronco that the trans. failed at only 90k. my uncles '88 Bronco got all the way to 330k before its trans. finally fried. right now i have a '96 Chevy K1500 and it has 166k and not a single problem, the '64 Darts /6 had god knows how many miles and still ran like a champ until i swapped it out for the 318.

I rather push an import than drive a Ford or Chevy! I have been given cars and I will not take them because they are a GM or Ford! I have owned many of both and they are garbage. Ford doesn't make a transmission that will hold up for me and there isn't a Chevy engine I can't blow up. Every one of these brands has had the same problems, GM engines and Ford trannys. Imports don't hold up well for me either, except Suzuki. The only vehicles that hold up for me are old mother Mopar vehicles. I have worked at dealerships of all three. GM has the worst customer service and they do not want to warranty anything, Ford never has parts for the repairs and Mopar warrantied everything and did everything professional. I have shown my whole family and now they all have traded in their GMs and Fords for MOPAR! If it isn't a Mopar, RAM it off a cliff! Just my two cents.

I rather push an import than drive a Ford or Chevy! I have been given cars and I will not take them because they are a GM or Ford! I have owned many of both and they are garbage. Ford doesn't make a transmission that will hold up for me and there isn't a Chevy engine I can't blow up. Every one of these brands has had the same problems, GM engines and Ford trannys. Imports don't hold up well for me either, except Suzuki. The only vehicles that hold up for me are old mother Mopar vehicles. I have worked at dealerships of all three. GM has the worst customer service and they do not want to warranty anything, Ford never has parts for the repairs and Mopar warrantied everything and did everything professional. I have shown my whole family and now they all have traded in their GMs and Fords for MOPAR! If it isn't a Mopar, RAM it off a cliff! Just my two cents.

AMEN brother. At least I have found another purist around here that doesn't think I am crazy.

Mopar Jeff

AMEN brother. At least I have found another purist around here that doesn't think I am crazy.

Mopar Jeff

If anybody comes to my house to visit or even stop by and they don't drive a Mopar, I tell them to park their piece of **** in the street, only Mopars in my driveway!!! And believe me, I was a bowtie guy until I went to my first Nationals. MOPAR or no Car!

Ugh, had my 98 windstar strand my wife about 30 min from helen GA with a trans that wouldn't shift out of 1st.......1 week and $3600 later ( opted for a new rather than rebuilt trans) .....flash forward 18 months while we were visiting the mother-in-law the motor LOCKS up on Christmas day....1000miles from home.....didn't knock,tick or anything...just stopped like I turned the key off. Freaking hilarious guy at the ford dealer it was towed to to fix the trans said "well since it's paid for we can do the financing give you $1000 off a BRAND NEW windstar :) OH LUCKY ME :( anyway, after the motor seized (stuck #6 rod bearing) went to the nissan dealer UGH UGH because the wife HAD to have the quest ( it looks cool was the reason I was given ). In the 2 years I've owned it, it has had both front rotors and tires, driver side front wheel bearing and rear lift gate motor/mechanism replaced under warranty. Oh and 2 TSB's, one for the rear storage being 'full' of water.

Lets face it, it's called planned obsolescence but I'm not going to buy a new car every 3-5 yrs like the auto makers want me to.

Now that there is funny :toothy10:.

Anyone who would buy a Windstar deserves the crap that they get (nothing personal). What a POS those things are.

The only thing funnier, is that the Quest is made by Ford :-D.

Myself, I own two Ford products and have not had any major problems with either, yet. My '86 F250 4x4 has been great, what with it's 11.5-1 bored out 460 and uber low gears, it's fun to drive. Sure scares the hell out of slow drivers when I bounce the front end up and down in low gear to let them know to move it or lose it :thebirdm:. The big solid steel winch bumper helps a bit too.

The '95 Mazda B2300 that I just picked up for a winter ride has been great so far, it's made by Ford. It has 395K on it and still purrs. And no rust, not like those POS Toyotas. Now there's a truck that I'd never, ever even think of driving.

I'm not too high on the newer Ford trucks, too much of a pain to work on. You have to unbolt the cab to remove the motor. What were they thinking?

But then, I don't like much of the newer vehicles. Too much electronics and no thought to repair or maintenance. And F airbags, what a pain in the *** they are.

Oh, and by the way, I did blow up the rear end in my '76 Charger. Sure it's only a 9.25", but still..................

I'll give ya' one thing you purists are good for a laugh..:toothy10::toothy10:..ram tough,more like lamb tough!!!

-
Back