Why is Pro Stock Dodge down on horsepower ?

-
Ok, lets look at it another way. "Cheatin is cheatin".......I can go along with that.......BUT think of this......

How may were "cheatin" back in the day and came up with something useful? Something we still use today?

I have to say, I cannot agree to something bein "cheatin" if it didn't say NOT to do it in the rule book. Some of the best ideas ever have come from "creative thinkin".

Ok, lets look at it another way. "Cheatin is cheatin".......I can go along with that.......BUT think of this......

How may were "cheatin" back in the day and came up with something useful? Something we still use today?

I have to say, I cannot agree to something bein "cheatin" if it didn't say NOT to do it in the rule book. Some of the best ideas ever have come from "creative thinkin".
That sounds like a similar quote from ex President Bill Clinton. " Define Sex"

AJ not being competitive is a result of engine archetechture. The Hemi's intake valve is on the intake side of the chamber, and the GM stuff has it's valve on the side of the chamber. This makes for a longer intake tract on the GM engines, and with the hood rules, they are able to tune for the 10.5K rev limit. The shorter intake was why the Dodge was revving 500 or so RPM higher under the old rules.
For any given length of intake runner, there is a "resonant" RPM where they work best. Look no further than the Ramcharger Plymouth. That huge, long intake was to ram the charge into the cylinder at around 5000 rpm, about as high as the tech of the day allowed. Now, the "tunnel ram" manifolds are much shorter, and work at a much higher RPM.

AJ not being competitive is a result of engine archetechture. The Hemi's intake valve is on the intake side of the chamber, and the GM stuff has it's valve on the side of the chamber. This makes for a longer intake tract on the GM engines, and with the hood rules, they are able to tune for the 10.5K rev limit. The shorter intake was why the Dodge was revving 500 or so RPM higher under the old rules.
For any given length of intake runner, there is a "resonant" RPM where they work best. Look no further than the Ramcharger Plymouth. That huge, long intake was to ram the charge into the cylinder at around 5000 rpm, about as high as the tech of the day allowed. Now, the "tunnel ram" manifolds are much shorter, and work at a much higher RPM.
Sounds like it was all done to keep chevy out front to try and sell cars and trucks. They still haven`t recovered like everyone thinks they have.

Personally I don't believe the latest rules changes in PS came about because of Dodge or it's engine architecture. It was a move to bring the fuel systems into the modern era. All the teams play under the same rules, there are no exceptions for any brand. Some teams have more money to test and r&d, plus multi car teams have more data to work with than single car teams.

IMO PS stopped being anything about "stock" years ago. The only thing "stock" on those cars is the shape of the manufactures decal. They all look like half of a jelly bean and without the decals the average person would have a hard time telling you what the car was. I'd rather watch stock and super stock run, at least they look like real cars.

Hell freakin yea! ^^^^^
What he said! ^^^^^^

I only watched PS til Allen Johnson was out this past weekend. Mopar hasn't been competitive for years in that class.

Pro Stock stop being Stock in 1973 went Bill Jenkins show up at Pomona with a tube chassis Vegas.

All I can say is "Mopars are built by the best" and then there is all the rest, Just whatever's....

Use to be...now there mostly foreign made imported ****!!!..not even owned by Americans!!!

Personally I don't believe the latest rules changes in PS came about because of Dodge or it's engine architecture. It was a move to bring the fuel systems into the modern era. All the teams play under the same rules, there are no exceptions for any brand. Some teams have more money to test and r&d, plus multi car teams have more data to work with than single car teams.

IMO PS stopped being anything about "stock" years ago. The only thing "stock" on those cars is the shape of the manufactures decal. They all look like half of a jelly bean and without the decals the average person would have a hard time telling you what the car was. I'd rather watch stock and super stock run, at least they look like real cars.

How is the "modern era" junk working for the class. The cars are slower, they look like crap and no one cares.

They should have let the RACERS decide what they wanted...carbs and scoops, EFI and scoops, no scoops...why didn't they? Because EFI would have been the LOSER and it would have went by the wayside.

As far as I'm concerned they finally put a dagger in pro stock. I like the scoops. I would much rather watch super stock or stock. At least you can identify with the cars. And don't get me started on the delay box, throttle stop bullshit they call racing. The most hated class by spectators in the world.

As far as I'm concerned they finally put a dagger in pro stock. I like the scoops. I would much rather watch super stock or stock. At least you can identify with the cars. And don't get me started on the delay box, throttle stop bullshit they call racing. The most hated class by spectators in the world.
Rev limit rules were due to the idea new teams could not afford valve train replacement intervals needed when turning higher rpm. I suspect the ability to turn big rpm was great at Denver. Gear and turn it til it breathes enough air to make power.

Rev limit rules were due to the idea new teams could not afford valve train replacement intervals needed when turning higher rpm. I suspect the ability to turn big rpm was great at Denver. Gear and turn it til it breathes enough air to make power.

Same thing I heard. From what I can tell, it didn't do any good. It's so bad right now, Shane Grey and his DAD are dragging out cars to make sure Indy has a full field.

Very sad indeed.

Same thing I heard. From what I can tell, it didn't do any good. It's so bad right now, Shane Grey and his DAD are dragging out cars to make sure Indy has a full field.

Very sad indeed.
Only 15 cars at Brainerd.

I'll never buy into that BS theory! NHRA doesn't give a damn about what it cost to race a car. Read the Engine labs article, there is nothing cheap about all the up coming changes.
NHRA Mandates EFI, Other Changes in Pro Stock But Stingy on Details

21 Pro Stockers entered for the US nationals...
I still prefer Pro Stock over either Fuel class even though NHRA keeps sabotaging it.Comp Eliminator used to rock but again NHRA seems to have found a way to mess with that. NHRA is now the John Force/ Don Shumacher show..:(:(

-
Back