Why I've been snappy lately...

-
Tough times never last, tough people do...... One of the hardest things in life is for self-sufficient people to accept help from others. The best to you, your family, your future...

Sorry to R.R.R., prayers sent.Hopefully, some sunlight around the bend.

that sucks rob...wish you guys well...**** sucks for me out here as well...must be all over....

I think good things happen to good people and with all the people you've helped with advice, suggestions and knowledge, expect the best.

Sorry to hear this Rob. I sure hope things turn around for you and Kitty soon. What's wrong with the cabinet? Maybe we can get that working for you.

Jack

I understand hard times, no reason ever to take it out on other folks. I have been on the other end of your "snappy" attitude and have kept my cool. Life happens and things get tough. Press on and do your best and things will get better.

I understand hard times, no reason ever to take it out on other folks. I have been on the other end of your "snappy" attitude and have kept my cool. Life happens and things get tough. Press on and do your best and things will get better.

No need to act all innocent. It ain't like we all ain't done it to each other at times. I am quite sure there are a few people on here who would relish in our failure. But We are gonna do everything we can to disappoint those people.

Sorry Rob, have sorta been in the same boat and ended up losing my home.
I had it listed with a realtor and the mortgage company agreed that they would hold off for a year as long as it was listed. Even with a short sale list and on the market for 2 years it didn't sell and the bank took it.
It was the perfect bachelor's pad. The garage was 28 x 30 insulated and walled with a wood burning heater and vent fan in the window. The home was remodeled when I bought it with new carpet, paint, lenoleum, water boiler for the baseboard heat, etc. I bought all new appliances as well. Was a 2bdrm 1.5bth on a 80x120 lot near 2 schools.
I listed it for $50,000. Problem was, it was in a town of 5700ppl with 250 homes for sale!!! Central Illinois economy sucks!! It was foreclosed on in 2006. The year before that my 2003 Hemi Quadcab 4x4 Ram was repoed.

I didn't have a family then, so I can't imagine the sickening feeling on top of the stress you and your wife must be feeling. But, like after my situation things have gotten better. I'm sure and hope the same for you.

Thanks. I sure am sorry about that for you. I swear, I don't know anybody with any real money to speak of....well one or two, but even they are cutting back. Other then them, no one we know has two nickels to rub together. It's really scary times. In fact, the agent trying to help us with the mortgage flat out told me that this is no recession. He said it is a full blown depression and that anything the media says is only sugar coating it. He said there are so many people in the same boat as we are, he cannot count. He is working at least 25 hours overtime every week. He says it's mind boggling. That scares me even more.

I know it's hard Rob but stay positive. Misery loves company so there will always be people itching to tell you how bad things are. Kitty may have dozens of interviews but she only needs one job for everything to turn around. Miracles happen every day, we just forget to expect them. Again, stay positive bud!

RRR I always enjoy your posts and the vast wealth of knowledge you have so unselfishly passed on to all of the members here. I'm a big believer in Karma so for all the good you have done for us here over the years some good is surely headed your way! I will keep you and Kitty in my thoughts and pray things turn around quickly for you!

Damn, Rob, DAMN. I wish I was in a position to offer a bit of help. For me, things are "luck," here. I'm at the age when anything could happen. "One big glitch" and I'm off to the county poorhouse / old folks home, or "that big field of dirt."

My sympathy is about all I can offer

Del, while this ain't a funny subject, somehow, you find a way to throw humor in it and make me laugh. That's help enough right there. Thanks.

Sorry for you situation.

The advise I have is file BK CH 7 and include the house and all obligations into it, that will stop all foreclosure proceedings. I know of people that have prolonged their sales for up to 5 Years. Some of them in that time got their financial situation fixed up and received Principal Reduction Loan Modifications and are still in the house to this day.

Wow,
I am so sorry to hear this. You threw in on my granddaughters bike too. Man, that's saying something about character.
I will echo the comments about the IRS, I too had a dealing with them after my divorce. Make arrangements stick with them and the IRS will leave you be.
I wish you nothing but the best and I'm sure things will work out.

Wow,
I am so sorry to hear this. You threw in on my granddaughters bike too. Man, that's saying something about character.
I will echo the comments about the IRS, I too had a dealing with them after my divorce. Make arrangements stick with them and the IRS will leave you be.
I wish you nothing but the best and I'm sure things will work out.

Yeah, I did a couple of other things here too. But it's not like a gift to help replace a bike or a gold membership or two is gonna make any difference for us, so why not make somebody else's day a little brighter?

Thanks. I sure am sorry about that for you. I swear, I don't know anybody with any real money to speak of....well one or two, but even they are cutting back. Other then them, no one we know has two nickels to rub together. It's really scary times. In fact, the agent trying to help us with the mortgage flat out told me that this is no recession. He said it is a full blown depression and that anything the media says is only sugar coating it. He said there are so many people in the same boat as we are, he cannot count. He is working at least 25 hours overtime every week. He says it's mind boggling. That scares me even more.

Last trip to AZ there was at least 2 dozen empty houses in my old 'hood. Fellow across the street was deployed. His wife was struggling to stay afloat. Eventually they sank. When they asked there mortgage company about loan modifications etc. they were told not to bother, just walk away. A friend had just gotten remarried and wanted to sell his old house to get a house with his new wife...problem was he was "the last man standing" in his 'hood. The other 36 or so were foreclosed...down right disturbing....AZ is a non-recourse state, so walking away, as long as you don't have a second, has no repercussions..other than the ding on the credit report....but if things have gotten THAT bad, where a foreclosure is on the horizon, does that even matter? By then, chances are, the beloved credit score is probably already in the tank...

-
Back