Why not post a picture of your "for sale" item

-

bighammer

Reaction score
It is SO easy to include a picture in your ad; why do some people insist on not including it in their ad? ESPECIALLY the people that come on here PRIMRILY to sell stuff. Yes, to a potential buyer, a picture or two is just as important as a good description. Pictures please...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 403
I know that aint no chicken,and it looks pissed..lol...and yes I agree no pics no sale...

We need the combination-I hardly ever use my tower any more,my phone is with me all the time but somehow not easy to post pics on here.others have had problems too.Im definitely not great on here but post pics on other sites so maybe this could be one reason

How much for the junior camel?? :D

that is no camel ...that's an alpaca ....or possibly a huarizo.

you can tell by the short stubby ears that it favors alpaca ....a llama is very similar but is taller and has curved ears.

a camel would tower any of these guys and would not have that color of fleece in the desert.

I have been around real camels and those guys are nothing to mess with they will tower you and have a much stronger presence than a little alpaca.

I don't understand why people are so anal about pictures. If somebody that's in good standing gives a description, it is what it is. Personally, I get sick and tired of all the damned picture collectors. I've posted and sent pics via email and never hear anything back. It cuts both ways. To me, either you want the damned thing or you don't.

it used to bother me about people selling with no pics but now I know which sellers are pretty accurate in description ...like seller whitepunkonitro don't put a lot of pics in his ads but yet everything I have ever bought from him was as described or better so now I don't worry about it anymore.

if its a low post newbie pulling that I might be a bit skeptical or ask a ton of questions but usually it turns out that it is what they say it is.

I have had better luck here with no pics than I have on ebay with deceptive pics.....I bought a an item on ebay that had a pic but the pic was slightly cut off on one corner ......well I get the item and find the reason was because its missing a mounting tab that the seller didn't mention so in that case the pics didn't do me any good anyway.

any good member here would have told me straight up that there was a mounting tab missing.

I'm with you Rusty I sent pics to an email acct no response for days then I was told it wasn't a factory part???sent pics of one of my engines to a guy that just had to see lots of pics later saw two of the pics on moparts. Picture collectors suck!!!

I don't understand why people are so anal about pictures. I.

I'm with you Rusty !!

Sorry, I disagree. I want to know what the damn thing looks like. I've been screwed before on words like "good condition." It's obvious that me, the buyer, and you the seller's idea of "good" has a vast devoid.

In this day and age of relatively cheap cameras and computers, there's just no defense.

My 2 cents.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
I have never, will never, bought an item without seeing it in person or a picture of it. Pictures are a win win for both buyers and sellers. Why send individual pictures to individual potential buyers? Seems like a lot more work than posting pics once in your ad, right? As a buyer I have most of my questions answered as soon as I see a pic. It saves both you and me a considerable amount of time. In fact, it saves the seller the most time. I only have to ask one person, the seller, questions. He has to answer questions from all potential buyers. Wouldn't you like to save yourself some time? Thinking that someone either wants or doesn't want what your selling without all the info is presumptuous at best. Can you really say that my definition of " good condition" is the same as your definition of "good condition"? Pictures eliminate the grey. Besides, regardless of the facts, the initial thought many people have when reading an ad with no picture is, why is there no picture? What is this person hiding? Why no picture? There must be something wrong. There may be nothing wrong, but that is the message you send. Thats the reality. You want to sell? You want the best price? Post a pic. Do yourself and everyone else a favor. Its a win win. Unless you have something to hide.
Thats just me though.

you can tell by the short stubby ears that it favors alpaca ....a llama is very similar but is taller and has curved ears.

a camel would tower any of these guys and would not have that color of fleece in the desert.

I have been around real camels and those guys are nothing to mess with they will tower you and have a much stronger presence than a little alpaca.

Australia exports Camels back to Saudi Arabia.

It's not the end of the world, there's bigger problems in todays world, and I am sure not being able to upload pictures on a thread is one of them.

Without pictures you loose potential buyers. If no picture only the person that really need the item will look at the ad. With pictures a lot of people that dont really need it but might buy anyway will look at the ad.
The "thats cool I want that" factor is important when selling stuff.
It's really basic marketing strategy, if a buyer can see the item he is a lot more willing to buy. I am not shure about the exact numbers but it is around 60% more likely to sell an item that has pictures in the ad than the same item without pictures.

As someone mentioned pictures can be manipulated and deceptiv, yes, but someone that posts that kind of pics will most likely not mention any hidden defects in the text either.

I was looking for 66 Coronet fenders. Found a set on Kijiji. Guy wanted very top dollar, $750 then down to $650 after a couple months. He said they were in "real good" condition. His good and mine may be different and for that kind of price, no sight unseen purchase will ever be done by me. Asked for pics, he got mad! Keep 'em pal! With pics, I "may" have bought them, IF they were great. He still has them for sale, probably will for a looooong time. Oh ya, I found another set, on Kijiji, asked for pics, got them and bought them, for way less too. Pics sell.

My 2 cents.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
I have never, will never, bought an item without seeing it in person or a picture of it. Pictures are a win win for both buyers and sellers. Why send individual pictures to individual potential buyers? Seems like a lot more work than posting pics once in your ad, right? As a buyer I have most of my questions answered as soon as I see a pic. It saves both you and me a considerable amount of time. In fact, it saves the seller the most time. I only have to ask one person, the seller, questions. He has to answer questions from all potential buyers. Wouldn't you like to save yourself some time? Thinking that someone either wants or doesn't want what your selling without all the info is presumptuous at best. Can you really say that my definition of " good condition" is the same as your definition of "good condition"? Pictures eliminate the grey. Besides, regardless of the facts, the initial thought many people have when reading an ad with no picture is, why is there no picture? What is this person hiding? Why no picture? There must be something wrong. There may be nothing wrong, but that is the message you send. Thats the reality. You want to sell? You want the best price? Post a pic. Do yourself and everyone else a favor. Its a win win. Unless you have something to hide.
Thats just me though.

Lime just saved me a lot of typing.

Get yourself a free Photobucket account, dump all of your for sale pics in a folder there, link the pictures to your for sale thread. It's really that simple.

It's also simple. Don't email pictures post them in the ad. That way everyone can see and your not sending them to 10 people.

all ads should have nice large well lit clear pictures or be deleted in my opinion. i'm not sending money to anyone without pictures of the parts before hand.

depends on what you are selling aswel, is it something special or do we all know what it looks like?
new or used?
price is a big one too, if its a 20 dollar part, ill take your word for it if your trying to sell a 40 plus year old, 1 of 35, numbers matching 383 FIVE SPEED ragtop cuda for a measly 89K...I might want to see a picture or two

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ctd/4149110571.html

I have to agree. I like to see what I'm buying, no matter who it is from. I always add picture's to my for sale threads and sometime it helps out or it don't.

LOL, I know Rani, hence the big grin emoticon.

-
Back