wife laid her opinion on me and i dont like it

-
My wife didn't like the cars I had, ready to do builds on(1965 Impala, and a 64 Barracuda), in fact had to sell both years ago when the 2nd kid came along, so, when she couldn't unnerstand my need to buy and build something, I showed her the door, and after some time of paying $3400/month alimony and child support, I eventually became free f those obligations and am now on my road to recovery via starting on this 1964 Barracuda I bought earlier this year(the one in my avatar)

FF

I guess I'm lucky. My wife's car is in my avatar:love7:

Amen to that catsncudas, the 66 in my avatar is also my wifes car. She put a lot of time and hard work into her car and she is very proud of it. Crazybarracuda, just tell your wife how much attention my wife gets when she's in her car. Girls and boys young and old love these old cars, and they compliment her a lot!! If that don't get her thinking about her princess status, do the Mach for her and forget it!!! Mustangs, AAAK!!! Good luck bringing her towards the light!!! Geof

She will have to be one tall lady to comfortably drive a '69/'70, Mach 1. Still I think those Mach 1's are probably the finest looking car to roll out of Detroit during that era so I can't fault her there. '64/'65 Barracudas are really a love 'em or hate 'em deal. I love 'em.

lol well atleast she has something to say about your car lol. my gal never really was all that into my dart (shes a chevy gal, they cant all be perfect lol) but after i took her to her first mopar car show last year she has started warming up to it little by little after seeing it comming together and how good they look when they are done. why is it so hard for MOST (knowing we got some sharp mopar gals here) gals to visualize what a tore down body and frame is going to look like or the different options you can go with to get it to finished car. sheesh.

when I brought my 67 home, she said what the hell were you thinking and said it looks like a brown turd , even after all the changes she still makes fun of it

Show her the love handle's that realease the trunk panel and how they made the lil seat belt thingies to hold the seat flat and the lil' bar to hook up the handcuff's if that don't do the trick wipe away all fingerprint's and drive it in the lake(fresh water of course so you can repair the car)j/k :cheers:I have a 66 and been wanting one since I was a kid...can't wait to give it to my dad while I steal his 67 and do my version of overhaulin to it then get my car back Lol

Well you know now what to tell her when she's trying on new clothes and asks "Does this make me look fat":-D

I remember when my truck had just got home from the bodyshop after having 2500 dollars worth of paint and panels done. Had the sport front end put on the truck and the stripes extended down the bumper. I sent the woman who wants to marry me a photo at the time because I was so excited to have the truck finished and she flat out told me it was ugly. I flipped and we didn't talk for a week or so. But then again this is the same one who wants to hyphenate last names(Oh h*ll no)

IMG_0425.jpg

If she likes your car, then great, but if not, what's the big deal? Why should you have to make some kind of deal for you to have the car you want? Another reason I think marriage is totally gay. If she wants a Mustang so bad, then she can go buy one. Why should she make you feel bad about the car you like?

If she likes your car, then great, but if not, what's the big deal? Why should you have to make some kind of deal for you to have the car you want? Another reason I think marriage is totally gay. If she wants a Mustang so bad, then she can go buy one. Why should she make you feel bad about the car you like?

Like the old saying goes. Lifes a bit#h and then you marrie one.

Tell her you have to know something about classy automotive styling to have an opinion in the matter and that she may as well have been talking to the plant in the corner cause you stopped listening after she said ''I don't''....he he

Look at it this way, at least she`s honest and says what she feels instead of blowing smoke up your aZZ. You said it yourself "to each, his own". It would be one boring world if everybody liked the same thing.

Next time you go somewhere and she goes to get in the car lock the door and start to roll away yelling "oh yeah, I forgot you don't like my car so have a nice walk home dear." :-D

.....and yes Nikki hit me when i did it to her :-D

my wife told me today she doesnt see what i like about the 64-66 barracudas. She says the rear window looks odd and the front end looks odd. That cut me deep since i have loved these cars since the age of 10. I need some moral support.

So she thinks it looks odd, no big deal. You obviously don't care for Mustangs. To each their own, no need to take it personal. You're the one that has loved these cars since the age of 10, build your car and don't look back.

guess ill just build it and enjoy it by myself.

No need for that.

she agreed that im allowed to drop some serious coin on it when the time comes to build my barracuda

Umm, SWEET! Not every guy has that, enjoy it.

well i cant wait to change her mind when mine is done

Don't get all upset if she doesn't change her mind when it's done. She may just like what she likes, just like you like what you like.

No harm, no foul, just keep building.

Well you know now what to tell her when she's trying on new clothes and asks "Does this make me look fat":-D

LMBO!!! Yeah and "I kinda like the way you look in that chebby but when your in the drivers seat your face looks fuller". "Are you sure your OK? Every time you come out of that car you look 5 lbs heavier"!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm tired of my wife calling mopars "mopeds" I think she does it to piss me off, and it works! I drive a '69 valiant 4 door beater all of the time, and she drives an '07 focus. Her family and friends can't figure out why i drive the valiant instead of her car when i get the chance! (she refuses to drive the valiant)
We had the focus in for some warranty work 4 times now. The last time, i stuck it to her good and said my valiant has never made me walk, and i've got $500 into it total for the last 4 years, she has $21,000 into the focus. She doesn't bug me about driving the valiant anymore lol.
In all fairness to her, she likes my cars, she just doesn't get why i love them so much.
She still calls these cars "mopeds" though. ](*,)
And yes, it still pisses me off.

My wife likes my cars and supports my hobby until it comes time for big ticket items like headers, seat covers, glass, rubber etc. Then she gets all clenched up about the money. I guess she'd rather fritter it away on dog toys, clothes and makeup. :/

"wife laid her opinion on me "

this right here is the problem. Didnt you lay down the laws of "womens opinions" before you were married ?? Reel her back in and straighten it out or forever lose that man card.
:-D

-RPM

-
Back