will 65 front clip fit 66 Valiant ?

-

mopar383

Reaction score
I was wondering if a 65 front clip would fit on a 66 Valiant? Do the body lines line up?

Must use the whole front clip including the bumper also trim won't line up you could remove it all or drill holes for it and fill the ones you don't need may also have minor wiring issues I have a 66 valiant front end on my 63 valiant.

Brian

It works fine but take a picture of a 65 and a picture of a 66 and put them overlapping. A 64/65 is more rounded in the front like the bumpers and the tops of fenders. Where the back of a 66 is more square with the bumpers and the quarters are more square, just a thought.

I put a 65 Barracuda Front end on a 65 Signet, looks like a Notchback Barracuda now. The only difference in wiring for me was the turn signals, i think all main light harness' are the same 64-66, its just the difference from the signal harness's from the radiator support to the turn signal itself.

hope it helps.

Because they have the same doors I have also seen Dart and Barracuda front clips switched and the lines match.

I'd like to see the valiant clip on a dart. that would be cool. I've always liked the rear quarters of the Darts

I'd like to see the valiant clip on a dart. that would be cool. I've always liked the rear quarters of the Darts
Just take a look at the Canadian Darts and Valiants. They mixed fronts and rears for several years. Moulding are the only real trouble area.

i put a 65 cuda clip on a 64 valiant signet,73 dart scoop,painted it hemi orange,rally whls,8 3/4,called it The Valcuda,318 4spd,turned out nice

At Mopar Nats in Columbus a few years ago there was a guy selling a 64 Dart with a 64/65 Barracuda roof grafted to it. It almost looked okay, but the Dart tail lights looked funky on it and the extended bug eye headlights. I wish I had a pic of it to share.

-
Back